Forty Four

Rae had been left alone for quite a while now, in darkness and cold. She had spent most of it crying over the pain she was in with her snapped ankle, but it had gotten to the point where she couldn't even feel it.

'I'm not going to sit around here and wait to be rescued...' she thought. 'There has to be a way to get out of this...' she started to look around. She couldn't see anything. She started to try to scoot around on the chair a little, though she would wince every time her foot or ankle moved. Suddenly, she spied a dagger out of the corner of her eye. "Crap..." she whispered. It was so far away, but worth a try to cut the ropes. She started to scoot along the floor on the chair, trying to be quiet. 'Come on Rae you can do this...' she thought as tears welled in her eyes again, her ankle in pain. She kept moving little by little, but suddenly, she felt herself falling forward and crashed straight onto the floor, her nose sharply contacting with the concrete and she was almost certain it had started to bleed. The impact caused a huge noise and a shock of pain in her ankle. "Fuck!" She exclaimed, unable to hold it back. She was now stuck on the floor.

"Well, well, well." came Gothel's voice. "What do we have here?"

'Fuck Rae you're an idiot.' Rae thought. Tears pricked in her eyes again. She could already feel the pain that would be inflicted on her because of this. Gothel slowly walked downstairs.

"You really thought you'd get away?" She cackled. When she reached the girl, she leaned down, grabbed her arm, and yanked her upright on the chair.

"Ow..." Rae winced, feeling her broken ankle whack against the floor. The chair teetered back and forth until it rebalanced. 'Yep. My nose is definitely bleeding...' she thought.

"What do I do with you?" Gothel tilted her head. There was an evil glint in her eye and she began to pull out something from inside her cloak. Rae winced again and held in a scream, instead just a whimper came out. Gothel finally removed the object which turned out to be a knife.

"I don't think my son would mind if you were a bit more scarred up." she said, digging the tip of the knife into the girl's arm. Rae screamed and tightly shut her eyes as tears fell. Her whole body tensed up. Before Gothel could dig the knife in anymore, there was a huge thud upstairs, and then sudden screams.. "What in the world?" Gothel said, dropping the knife and rushing upstairs. Rae looked down at the blood oozing from her arm and she whimpered again.

"Fuck..." she cursed, sobbing. She was completely oblivious to what was going on around her, she had gone dizzy. She didn't know how much time had passed when she suddenly heard the door open and someone running down the stairs.

"Oh my lord, Rae!" Grey's voice gasped.