Forty Five

"Here we are." Grey announced, standing in front of Maleficent's place. "Welcome home Mal."

"Great... home." Mal sighed, looking up at the old building. "A year ago I'd be more than happy here... but now..." she looked down at the floor. Ben put an arm around her shoulders.

"Hopefully after this you'll never have to come here again."

"Guys?" Carlos called from the door, making them turn to look at him. "The door's locked."

"Not for long. Jay, Carlos let's knock it down." Grey said.

"Using what?" Jay questioned.

"Don't tell me you've grown weak." Grey scoffed as he stood by the door. "Are you going to help me?"

"Yeah yeah." Jay rolled his eyes, walking over to Grey. Maddie glanced up at them and opened her mouth to say something, but no words came out.

"Ready? One, two, three!" Grey exclaimed. At three, the boys pushed their entire weight on the door, which made it creak open.

"I guess it's in we go..." Mal said nervously.

"We all ready?" Jay asked. Each of them nodded and helped to push the door fully open.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Maleficent, who was filing her nails, shrieked. The eight teens ran into the building, Mal at the front with Maddie and Grey beside her, Ceci, Evie, Jay, Carlos and Ben behind them.

"Mother." Mal spat.

"Mal! Come to see your dear old mother at last?" She replied "And Greyson! And a random redheaded... girl. And a blonde. I'm glad you succeeded in your mission Greyson."

"Oi, I'm not just a random red headed girl." Maddie scoffed. "The name's Maddie actually."

"No mother." Mal said coldly. "We aren't here because of the stupid mission you sent Grey on."

"You told them? I am disappointed. But you have gathered them all here, and with some extra darlings!" Maleficent clapped. "Now we have more playthings!"

"Plaything? Is that all I am? Really, I'm that far under your status that I'm just a plaything?!" Maddie exclaimed. 

"Maddie I wouldn't..." Mal muttered.

"No! Just because she's the supposed almighty Mistress of All Evil doesn't mean I'm going to bow down to her." Maddie said firmly.

"You will respect me young lady." Maleficent said coldy, and in a move no one expected, sped to the girl, wrapped an arm around her body and held a knife to her neck. "Or you will be force to respect me!"

"NO!" Cecilia screamed. Maddie paled and tensed up. She looked at each of their faces desperately. Jay lunged forward but he felt someone pull him back.

"She sees you move, she kills Maddie." Grey muttered. "Wait until she's distracted." Jay sighed and stepped back, though his eyes never moved off Maddie. As he said that, a trap door opened and Gothel stepped out of it.

"What in the world is going..." she stopped when she saw the children. Maleficent briefly moved the knife down and Jay took the chance when Grey released him. Jay pushed Maleficent to the floor and grabbed Maddie, holding her tightly in his arms.

"You're okay..." he said softly to her, stroking her curly red hair.

"Mother." Grey said sternly. "Where is she?"

"So impatient. Don't you want to give your dear mother a hug?"

"We're not here to play the welcome games, Gothel." Mal interrupted. "Answer his question."

"Mal, welcome home." she ignored Mal's command. "And Jay, Evie and Carlos! This is certainly a reunion. And who are these lovely ladies?"

"Mother." he warned.

"Grey. They have to be keeping her downstairs. Go! Now!" Mal said quickly. "We'll keep them occupied." Gothel sighed.

"I'm afraid she has gotten a bit roughed up." she smiled evilly. "But she should be ready for your pleasure." Grey couldn't hold back any more and made a dive for the trapdoor. However, he was stopped by Maleficent.

"Now where were we?"

"So you're just going to ignore your daughter now are you, dear mother?" Mal said from behind with hints of sarcasm. Maleficent spun around.

"Of course not, my nasty little girl." she smirked. Grey took the chance and run to the trapdoor, opening it and climbing through. He ran downstairs, almost tripping over in the process. When he got downstairs, he saw a sight he never wanted to see again. Rae. She was tied to a chair, caked in her own blood. Her nose had streams of blood dripping down, her cheek scratched and her right eye black and bruised. Her arm had a freshly bleeding hole in it, her dress ripped and specked in blood, her legs covered in bruises and her left ankle was twisted and very badly bruised, clearly broken. Her face was stained with tears, her head bowed down and she didn't even notice Grey.

"Oh my lord, Rae!" he gasped in horror. He ran to her and kneeled down. "Oh flower, what the fuck did they do to you?" he raised his hand to up her cheek. Rae lifted her head and looked Grey in the eyes, hers coated with tears and pain. She opened her mouth to say something but no words came out. He touched her cheek with tears in his eyes.

"What did they do to you?" he whispered. She took a deep and shaky breath that made her wheeze.

"T-they punched me... slapped me... scratched me... stabbed my arm... a-and S-Stabbington b-broke my ankle..." she explained slowly, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Oh god." a tear rolled down his cheek. "I am so sorry. Let's get you out of here." He made a move to her wrists that were tied with rope.

"G-Grey...I c-can't feel anything... I can't walk..." she breathed. "A-are you alone?"

"No." he stated while grabbing the knife his mother had left behind on the floor. "Thank you mother." he muttered sarcastically as he moved the knife from her wrists once they were free to her torso. "I need you to keep still, flower." he said softly. Rae nodded slowly and winced slightly. Grey began sawing one of the ropes and once it was cut, he began unravelling it from her body. She stayed as still as she could considering she was uncontrollably shaking, silent tears falling from her eyes. Grey finally finished freeing Rae from the ropes, and backed up, kissing the top of her head.

"I need you to grab my neck and not let go, ok?"

"O-okay..." Rae nodded, wrapping her arms around his neck. In one swift move, he scooped her up and looked into her eyes.

"You're ok now. Let's get you out of here." he said gently, kissing her lips.