Um, What?

At the end of the evening, my mom ends up offering for Harry to stay the night here, which excites me greatly seeing as I haven't been able to talk to Harry in private all day. I've loved seeing him interact with my parents and the rest of my family, but I really want to ask him about why his mom made him leave in the first place. I know Harry has a temper sometimes, but seriously, what could warrant kicking him out of Thanksgiving?

As we sit watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving like we do every year, my dad yawns aggressively and stands from his seat to announce that he will be "hitting the hay." My mother stands from her place on the couch and tells us that she will be joining him. As my dad is leaving the room, he doubles back and points at Harry and I sitting on the floor.

"No funny business, Jerry. I mean it," he says imposingly, eyeing Harry with a very threatening stare.

I laugh as Harry raises his hands in defeat, an amused grin crossing his face, "I wouldn't dare, sir."

I'm glad Harry no longer questions his identity as Jerry Miles; his protests were becoming quite tiresome.

My dad nods in approval and chuckles softly to himself, "Good. I'll see you kids in the morning."

With that, my parents make their way to their bedroom and shut the door behind them, leaving Harry and I alone at last. Sighing heavily, I stretch my legs out and stand from my spot on the floor. After nearly falling over due to the fact that I can't feel my butt anymore after sitting down for so long, I steady myself and stand in front of Harry who is apparently laughing at me.

"What was that?" Harry smiles, referring to my rather clumsy motions.

I shrug and hold my hand out to him to help him up, "I literally can't feel my ass, so standing up was a struggle."

Harry takes my hand as he stands, a smirk rising to those pretty lips of his. Oh no, here comes a butt-related comment.

Staying true to his character, Harry eyes me playfully and crosses his arms over his sculpted chest, "I could feel your ass if you'd like? You know, just to make sure you didn't mess up the nerve endings."

There it is.

"Harry," I scold him, smacking his arm lightly. "My parents are still awake, so let's not do that."

Harry shrugs, and we make our way upstairs. To my surprise, my parents are letting Harry stay in the guest bedroom next to mine. I would have thought that they would have gone for making him sleep in that terribly cold bedroom in our basement simply to prevent any shenanigans, but apparently, I was overthinking it.

After that dreadful frat party incident, I assumed that they would be overprotective when it comes to guys. I guess since Harry is the one who saved me that night, maybe my parents are making an exception for him. Either that, or they just trust me more than I thought they did.

"Do you want me to stay?" I ask Harry from the doorway, watching him as he plops down on the bed. When he stretches his arms above his head, his flannel button-down is pulled up over his hips, exposing those little laurel tattoos that make me involuntarily smile.

Harry looks tiredly over at me, but smiles nonetheless, "Of course."

I sigh and walk over to the bed, stretching out next to Harry and propping myself up on my elbows, "You look exhausted."

"Way to kick me while I'm down," Harry laughs quietly, fixing his eyes on my face. I love when Harry looks at me like this; he has this pleasant intensity in his expression that makes me feel like I am the only one on his mind. I've never had someone look at me like that before, so whenever Harry does it, I get this insane sensation of happiness that I never thought I could have.