5.9

Seeing the obvious difference in strength, Lin Xi used his only skill: acupuncture. Sadly, his enemy was quicker than him. Lin Xi couldn't do anything as the man pulled his arm around his back while slamming his body onto the ground. Lin Xi began to panic because of his weak physical body.

"Where is the boy?" The man asked for the third time, but Lin Xi kept his mouth shut.

Before they could interrogate, a gunshot sounded out in the room. The two men widened their eyes as they looked at the handsome man holding a gun pointed at them.

In a moment of shock, Lin Xi felt the man loosen his grip and he took this opportunity to kick his opponent. The man was distracted, but Lin Xi wasn't able to escape as the man took out a knife and held it to his throat. His partner also reacted quickly and took out his gun pointing it at Shen Heng.

As soon as Shen Heng heard that his house was broken into, he dashed out and drove back running a couple of red lights. When he entered, multiple servants were injured, and they told him that two men came in with weapons. They saw the men going to Shen Jin's room. Shen Heng felt like his life flashed before him when he witnessed his beloved brother on the floor.

Before either side spoke a word, Shen Heng took another shot at the man with a gun ending his life in seconds. The other man saw his partner lying in a pool of blood and held his knife closer to Lin Xi's neck as he glared at Shen Heng.

"Put your gun down or he dies." The man threatened in a broken Chinese accent.

In Lin Xi's mind, he was thinking. Why am I always the damsel in distress?

Lin Xi: Hey system, in the next world I want to have a better body.

System 1314: Host... the worlds are randomly chosen and so are the host's body. I have no control over that.

As Lin Xi and the system were having their argument, Shen Heng was livid, seeing his brother in the enemy's hands.

The man was very annoyed since this was supposed to be a simple task of getting a kid and then return to the boss. However, now, his partner was dead, and he was held at gunpoint. His agitation led him to accidentally nick Lin Xi's neck with his knife causing a drop of blood against the pale skin to appear.

Although Lin Xi didn't really feel the cut, Shen Heng was ready to kill when the red blood slowly dripped down his brother's neck.

"I said put the gun down!" The man's fury was growing when Shen Heng finally complied and placed his gun down on the floor.

Going against the enemy's expectation, Shen Heng dashed at the man when he crouched down to put his gun down. With Shen Heng's swift reflexes, he reached for the man's arm which was held against Lin Xi's neck. The man quickly countered by kicking his leg out towards his stomach, but Shen Heng didn't allow the man to make any more moves by gripping the man's wrist and forcing the knife to stab into his own leg.

While the man screamed in pain, Lin Xi was able to easily escape from his clutches. Shen Heng proceeded to punch the man in his face. Lin Xi felt like the man deserved the first few punches, but he noticed that his lover continued even when the other passed out. Blood started to appear on Shen Heng's fist and the man's face was bruised and bloody. Shen Heng's eyes were bloodshot and murderous.

Lin Xi hugged the man tightly from behind and spoke in his ear, "Calm down."

As the words were spoken, Shen Heng's fist paused in mid-air. Lin Xi pulled him up and turn him around, so they faced each other.

Lin Xi could see that his lover's eyes were cloudy and weren't focused at all. He placed his hands on Shen Heng's face and gently caressed his cheeks with care.