Escorts of the Living

Y/n P.o.v

After what Thalia and Yuuki told me, we decided to stick together, obviously Thalia didn't like the idea of Yuuki hanging around with us, but what could she do. We didn't stick together like hanging around more, but to keep our eyes open for anything very suspicious.

Also, after the incident that Mikey yelled at Thalia for taking risk of saving her own life by shooting the gun, he returned to be the proud yet bright guy that I met when I got here. His change of character and attitude happened after I told him about the pendant's origins, but everything turned back to normal. Also, within those days, we were planing on how and where we would go to plant our C4 so we could move to the safe base.

Only three of us could go, and Mikey made me choose. I chose Thalia and Yuuki to acompany me. Mikey didn't like the idea. Not about Thalia tagging along, but about Yuuki. I conviced him by telling him that it will be a test and to teach her the ways of killing Them, and lecture her of doing things without seducing everyone and her attitude. Luckily, he got convinced.

He asked me why I didn't chose Sam over Thalia. She didn't take this well. It sounded like he doesn't trust her anymore. I told him that Sam can stay at the mall so he can protect the civilians, and that I needed her because she is very agile with the knife and very quiet. He nodded, but still unsure about it.

Right now, we were readying ourselfes to leave. I put my jacket on, with my gun inisde the jacket, checked if my magazines were filled completely, checked my hidden blades, sheath my sword on my back, and adjusted my pendant. I went to the other room and saw Thalia putting a knife on her right lower leg and another knife on her other lower leg. She took her own guns, twin revolver to be precise. Two Mateba Autorevolver, 6-round cylinder, semi-automatic. She put them on her holsters that were on her back waist, then she put her hoodie on. She turned to me and she looked a little flustered.

Thalia: "How long were you standing there?" She asked a little embarrassed, looking at me with my arms crossed.

Y/n: "Right after you put your knives away." She relaxed and sighed. "Ready to leave?" She nodded. "Lets go check on Yuuki to see how she is, then we leave." She groaned.

Thalia: "Why are we bringing her again?" She sounded irritated.

Y/n: "You know why, so stop whinning," I turned around, but I felt a hand holding my arm.

Thalia: "Can I ask you something?"

Y/n: "You already did." I smirked.

Thalia: "Jajaja, very funny." She said sarcastically. "May I?" I nodded. "In your way to the elementary school, in your group, was there a girl you like?" This question was out of the blue. There wasn't a day that I didn't thought about Rei, even though I didn't mention her in the last chapters, but that never meant I wasn't thinking of her. I had to answer her with the truth.

Y/n: "Yes, my girlfriend." Her eyes looked at me, but they weren't disappointed. They were more like waiting for more to hear.

Thalia: "What is her name?" This is odd. She is asking of my love life, but why?

Y/n: "Rei. Rei Miyamoto." Her eyes widened and she hold my arm with both of her hands.

Thalia: "Rei Miyamoto, as an orange hair and eyes, and her first childhood crush was Takashi Komuro!?" My eyes widened this time.

Y/n: "You know them?" She nodded. "How?"

Thalia: "I was in middle school when I met them. We weren't that close, but I knew them as aquaintance. How are they by the way? Before you came to us."

Y/n: "They were ok. We survived many waves of those creatures and we became more closer than friends. We became a family." She nodded, but why she asked this all of a sudden? "What happened?"