Chapter 43

Jace woke up and turned to look at her in the bed like he did every morning. But as usual, she wasn't there which was a surprise because he hadn't heard or felt her leave the night before. He pushed the blanket away and got out of bed. He made his way out of the room and downstairs but on the last stair, he saw she wasn't at her favourite spot which made him frown wondering where she could be.

He went to the gym but she wasn't there either.

Where the hell is she?
He thought as he made his way upstairs as quick as he could to get his phone. But the second he walked into the room, he froze when he caught sight of a puddled up blanket near her side of the bed. He walked towards it and was shocked and at the same time happy to see her there.

He stopped in front of her and went down in a squat. He'd never gotten the chance to see her like this. The last time he did, she'd snapped awake when he'd reached out to touch her. So, he reached out again, this time and gently placed his fingertips on the side of her face, scared of waking her up. He ran his fingertips across the fading scars and down to her jawline and her chin before his thumb traced her lower lip that he'd been wanting to get a taste of.

He slid one hand beneath her legs and the other under her back and lifted her off the floor. He got up and placed her on the bed as gently as he could and as soon as her head touched the pillow it happened so fast; he didn't have time to comprehend what was happening. She flipped him over so fast and held him down with her legs on either side of him in a straddle, her arm on his neck and the other pressing down on her arm.

Jace was too shocked to move or even say a word and it was a huge turn on to have her over him like that, not that he was going to mention that. Her hair fell over them like a curtain and her gaze locked with his, he could see the anger and hatred in them.

"You might want to reduce the pressure on my neck." He managed to get out.

Ariana frowned then blinked and as if realization dawned on her, those emotions were replaced with something else before she quickly removed her arm from his neck.

"I'm sorry," She pulled back as well, "I just... thought you were someone else."

Jace watched as she ran her hands through her hair, sighing as she gathered her hair at the base of her neck and let it go. Jace couldn't help but smile at their current position. So, he did what any other guy in his position would do. He reached beside him for a pillow and placed it under his head for support as he kept his gaze on her.

She frowned at him.
"What?" She asked,

Jace shook his head with the smile still on his face making Ariana uncomfortable under his scrutiny. She hadn't fully woken up and therefore hadn't taken in their current position which Jace was loving. He watched as she ran her hand down her face as she tried to get the sleep away and he knew the second it hit her. His smile grew and turned to a grin as she looked down at where she sat so comfortably. Her head still, her eyes lifted to meet his and Jace thought that was the damned sexiest look.

Ariana placed her hands on the lower part of his abs which made Jace suck in a deep breath at the innocent touch. She was about to move over but he grabbed her hands and pulled them off him which made her lose her balance, sending her falling against him and right where she was before she pulled away. Jace sat upright, taking her with him, and keeping her hands behind her which pushed her much closer to him, something he liked very much.

They were so close their bodies touched everywhere and their faces were inches apart, her lips mere centimetres away. Jace slowly bent his head to her nape and nuzzled it. Her lips were close to his ear so he heard her sharp intake of breath. Then he placed soft kisses from the spot beneath her ear to her shoulder blade making her squirm which only made him get harder.

"Damn Ariana!" He growled into her ear, "If you keep moving on me like that...I don't think I'll be able to hold it any longer."

They were both breathing hard just because of a movement here and kisses there. Jace clenched his jaw as he let go of her hands and let his fall to her ass which he grabbed and pulled to bring her even closer to him; it was a bitter sweet sensation as it made her grind harder against his groin. Ariana looked into his eyes as she held onto both his arms which were still attached to her ass. She slid her hands from his arm up to his shoulders and down to his chest, keeping her unwavering gaze locked with his. One of Jace's hands left her ass and he placed it on top of hers against his chest. Holding her hand right there before he took her hand and his and felt the wedding bands still on her finger.

He lifted her hand from his chest and bent her fingers to look at the rings which made him smile as he looked up at her,
"It looks perfect." He placed a kiss on her ring finger.

"I'm going to go to the gym, you should go to work." Ariana took her hand back, pushed away from him and went across his side of the bed. She made her way towards the bathroom.

"And leave you here all alone?"

"I said I was going to the gym," She stopped at the bathroom door and looked at him, "Not yours. Wang's."

"Who the fuck is Wang?" Jace snapped and frowned wondering who Wang was. This was the first he was hearing of a Wang.

"He owns the gym on Ford Street and I train with him most of the time, but I haven't been able to since I started this," She said, "Now would be a good time to get back there and get back in shape."

Jace sighed and was about to say something but Ariana beat him to it.

"Don't take this personal," She said, "You need to get back to the office and sort out everything, besides you haven't been on the field for a long time. Wang is still a fighter and he knows my routine."

She was right.
Jace thought.

He hadn't done his rigorous training like he used to do back when he was in the army. He'd just stuck with gym workouts and kick boxing which seemed to be enough for his now normal life.

Jace sighed again before he looked at her.
"That doesn't mean I like it"

"I don't get paid for you to like what I do." She smiled at him before she entered the bathroom.

Damn you Green!
Jace thought as he fell back into bed with a terrible case of hard-on.

Dammit!