Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I was looking through one of the books that I had yet to return to the library, while Chloe paced a few feet away. " We should be there." Chloe said more to herself then to me, and I calmly flipped the page. " Everything is going to be fine, Chloe."

" How do you know?" she asked and I glanced at her before looking back at my book. " You love him." I stated and she froze. " I...I have no idea what your talking about." She stuttered and I closed the book. " The emotional and mental radar works both ways, you love him, Chloe."

" Its not like it matters, hes a criminal and I'm just a figment of energy that your powers created; theres no possible way that we could have been together since I can't manifest without you."

She walked over to sit next to me and I hugged her as she buried her head in her knees. " You are not a figment of energy." I told her.

" Your just saying that to make me feel better." She grumbled.

" How long?"

" I dont know, I guess sometimes I would run into him when you were sleeping, or we would just talk during the training sessions with Frigga, it was nice; he treated me like I was a real person, instead of just a part of you." She explained before the door opened and Frigga appeared causing us both to stand.

" Odin has sentenced Loki to an eternal imprisonment" She told us and we both let out simultaneous breaths. " Then he will live."  Chloe said quietly but there was still sorrow in not only her eyes, but also the eyes of the queen.  " Thor will be home soon." I reminded, not knowing what else to say and Frigga attempted a smile. " Yes, very soon, I hope."

******

" Can't we stay a little longer?" Chloe asked as I checked my suitcase again and I let out a sigh. " I've had time to cope Chloe, I need to talk to them, or I never will."

" Aria, it's okay to be angry, you know that right?" Chloe told me. " If you hold it in any longer, your going to explode. Coping is okay too, but you also have to deal with it. You need to hit something, or yell, or scream, something." Chloe pleaded.

" I cried, isn't that enough?" I asked.

" I don't know, is it?" A very snarky sounding voice retorted and I stared at Chloe in confusion, but she hadn't seemed to notice as she stood leaning against the doorway to the balcony. I shook it off when I heard trumpets, and I grinned knowing that Thor had finally returned but as Chloe and I were racing down the hallway to see him arrive at the palace, I stumbled to a stop and found myself leaning against the wall as my ears began to ring. " Aria?" Chloe cried before racing back toward me as I collapsed.

" Look at me." Chloe said trying to get me to focus as my vision blurred. " Chloe, whats wrong with me?"

" Just breath alright, I'm sure it will pass soon. " She assured just before Odin rounded the corner with Frigga. " Lady Stone, are you alright?" Odin questioned when they saw men but I couldn't answer as another wave of dizziness flew through me. " Shes just tired." Chloe said.

" Yeah thats right, keep pretending that I dont exist." The snarky voice seemed to snap at her. " Thats just like you to hog the spotlight, while the rest of us sit here in the dark."

" Rest of you?" I whispered in confusion and Chloe's face paled. " I thought I had more time." She said before she glared at Odin. " You had it here the whole time?" I heard her question before I finally couldn't take it anymore and passed out as lights swam before my eyes.