Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Okay, I am so sorry for the delay. I got into a small accident which left my arm dislocated. I always thought my left arm was slightly useless and I could do things just fine with my right, but as it turns out, typing is not one of them. So I am writing this thing picking out one letter at a time. I hope you guys enjoy this. And there may be a lot of mistakes as I didn't have the patience to go through it more than once.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhang Wei locked his eyes with the man who was swinging the gun around. His eyes were feverish and were swinging around wildly. He seemed to understand that he was being set up.

Song stood with her eyes wide and locked on the man. He finally trained his gun at Zhang Wei.

It was not the first time Zhang had to face down a gun. But this was the gun that murdered the original Zhang.

This was the fate of the cannon fodder.

He closed his eyes.

The gun fired.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Week Earlier

"Would you request Mr Tan Liu to have a drink with me?"

Zhang Wei looked at Heng. "You know Tan Liu?"

Heng looked at him and smirked. "There's not many people I don't know, Wei. While I don't deal with him personally, we have had deals before."

"You do realise that I am a cop, right? That admitting you have any deals with a confirmed mob boss gives me enough grounds to cuff you?" Zhang asked, smirking.

Heng smiled widely at him before replying. "Ah, but I would love to be handcuffed to you, my dear. And while I am sure that being handcuffed to a bed would be a lot more interesting, I don't mind exploring any other kinks you may have."

Zhang leaned closer to the man and smirked. "Well, Mr Heng", he leaned close, his lips skimming Heng's lips. "Let's see how things go, shall we?"

Both of them looked at each other with lust clouding over their eyes. The room seemed to heat up around them and Heng could see Zhang's eyes misting up and could feel his control slip.

A knock snapped the both of them out of the mood and they pulled away from each other and turned to the door. The ambiguous air that had been over them seemed to vanish.

"Come in." Heng said, his hoarse voice the only indication of the previous mood.

The waiter opened the door for Tan and discreetly left the room, closing the door behind him. Heng smirked at the man and gestured to the seat opposite the one he and Wei were seated on.

"Well, if it isn't Heng!" Tan said sliding into the seat, smirking. Tan was a handsome man with high cheekbones and thin lips. Wei, however, lost all his respect for the man when he saw he was dressed in a black silk shirt and had a gold chain around his neck.

"Oh, and the City's mighty protector!"

Wei snapped out of his thoughts and smiled thinly at the man, hoping he didn't read much into his look of disgust at his clothes.

"Mr. Tan Liu. It's a pleasure to meet you." Wei greeted him. His eyes kept slipping down to the gleaming chain.

There was a moment of silence as all the men stared silently at each other.