Agreement

This is a short chapter but it is quite necessary...

Another note...I think I will do a weekly update. Won't pick a specific day of the week but at least once a week you will see a new chapter!!!!

Keep the votes and reads coming!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed him to another section of the home that led to a spacious two-story office. I'm guessing this was their main business office because of the family portrait of Dominic and his parents when Dominic was younger. Baby Dominic had a curly bushy afro and incredibly adorable chubby cheeks! 

Dominic took a seat behind the large desk and pulled out a large folder. I stayed by the door just in case he tried to be a psycho again. I couldn't trust him enough to be alone with him in the room.

"Considering the recent changes, I thought it would be a great opportunity to go over the terms of our agreement... I mean our marriage."

He opened the folder and took out a small stack of papers out. The title read 'Marriage Agreement'. Nervously, I took the document and skimmed through it. The first few pages discuss the marriage agreement and what it consists of. It was the last few pages that nearly gave me a heart attack!

This misogynistic asshole had written down every rule that I must obey in order for our marriage to be legal and continuous. Some of the terms were easy to agree upon. No infidelity, no sharing the terms of the marriage or family business with any members outside the family, must wait a year before the initiation into the mafia business... these rules are reasonable. Even the rule that affection must be shown and expressed until the love is honest and true seems reasonable if I was willing to fall in love with this jackass.

It was the ending terms that had me flabbergasted. Must obey my husband's command, cook clean and cater to my husband's needs, produce...CHILDREN?! Within 2 years, I have to produce a child for Dominic? Is this man insane?

I felt the rage boiling inside me. What makes this jackass feel like he has the right to command my body like he owns it? He may not have had the idea in the first place but he proofread and agreed with all the terms! He had the choice to change this but chose to be a complete jerk. 

My hands shook furiously as I read the terms again. I wanted to make sure I was reading these ridiculous terms right now. 

"You're serious about this? You honestly think I'm going to agree to these terms?" I could feel my self-control slipping faster than light.

"You're down for the cause now aren't you? So agreeing to these simple terms shouldn't be too much of a problem."

Now there's the catch. I knew this jackass had something up his sleeve. He was tired of my attitude, anyone could see that. He wanted a rise out of me. He knew this would shake my self-control. He almost got me...Almost.

"You're right. If we are going to be...husband and wife then these terms seem more than reasonable." If he wanted to play dirty then we can play.

"Really? You're okay with the initiation, serving to my every will, and the children? Once you agree you can't go back. Unless you want to end this all?" 

"Oh no, at first I was skeptical but why fight this...true love right?"

Dominic kept his intimidating smile. I wanted to crawl out of my skin from his glare. His glare brought me weak. I felt anger, nervous, yet his gaze got me heated. He made me feel too much.

"Thank-you. Now can you call back the maid to direct me in this maze of a house or are you going to trust me enough to allow me to roam by myself?"

Dominic thought for a moment before getting up from his seat. He never said anything but I knew he decided to be the one to bring me back to the room. I made sure to pay attention this time as I was led to my room. Hopefully tomorrow I can sneak off before dinner and explore the house for more evidence.

When I arrived at my bedroom door, I turned to look at Dominic. He was right behind me, acting as intimidating as he can be. I hope he doesn't expect to be welcomed into my room. 

"Okay well...thank you for this...agreement and the walk back. I'll make sure to give ALL my terms and questions tomorrow."

I opened my bedroom door quickly but Dominic still hasn't back away towards his quarters. Instead, he leaned in behind me. He glanced around my room before turning back to me.

"Soon my love you'll crack. This is just the beginning. You're strong-willed I'll give you that but I will crack this good wife attitude and when I do, you'll be putty in my hands."

Dominic gave me a final glance and walked off to his bedroom. I didn't move from the hallway. So he wants me to crack. He wants me to break and give into the confession that I want out of the marriage. I knew he wanted out of the marriage and he knew deep down that I never wanted this marriage either. Yet, he wanted to break me for another reason. His threats made it sound like he wanted me to...submit to him. The words kept replaying in my head over and over again. What will he do when I finally break? Will he find me for ending the marriage or will he force me to stay forever as his baby making slave? 

God only knows what I'm going to do now...