Coming Clean

Settling in with Skikru wasn't easy

Settling in with Skikru wasn't easy. After all they were Grounders. They were once the enemy. Of course some would be hesitant to live beside one another.

Graciously, Marcus had given them Alec and Nia their own rooms. Jade, of course bunked with Nia, but Fox however was given the option of her own room or bunking with someone.

It took a moment for Fox to decide. If she had family, she would've taken a room with them, but it was just her. Her own room would've been nice but as she thought about it, she remembered all the others that were outside. What if they needed the room? So with that in mind she decided to bunk with Nia and Jade.

So, later that night two of the girls went to bed. One however, couldn't get the look of his cold eyes out of her head.

Why had he looked at her like that? What had he been told?

As she laid there she wondering off all the possibilities. Should she have stayed away? How might this affect their growing relationship?

The thoughts seemed too much for her to handle. To clear her head she got up and decided to explore.

Since the butterfly field was out of her range, she found herself outside staring at the night sky. She wondered about how Lexa had taken the news and about all the consequences to her actions. But what still stuck in her head what his eyes.

She had been so lost in her thoughts she didn't notice the shadow creeping up.

He had no idea why was headed toward her but it was like he was drawn to her. But one thing was sure he needed answers. He needed to know the truth.

But when they noticed each other's presence silence overcame them. There was nothing they could do but simply stare at one another and wonder what the other was thinking.

"Why did you come?" Bellamy was the one to break the silence among them.

Nia stayed silent however, not quiet sure what answer he wanted to hear.

"I came to help." She said hoping it would be something he'd want to hear.

"We don't need your help." He began to speak not in control what he was saying. "You left us on that mountain. We had no other choice than to kill everyone who had helped us. You left."

His words shocked Nia. It felt like a big slap to her face as she stared at him. Her heart dropped as she thought of how he thought she abandoned them. She was rendered speechless.

Bellamy took her silence as something else as he began to walk away.

Seeing his movement, she knew that if she let him leave then he would continue to hate her.

"I didn't know." She said stopping his movements. "I didn't know you weren't going to come out. She told me you'd be there after. That I'd see you when i was done tending to the wounded. If I had known the truth I wouldn't have left. I would have fought to stay there."