Chapter 25

Luke and Percy sat on the floor of the plane while Kelsey and the other two girls -Alma and her younger sister Hilda, they learned- sat in the three passenger seats. There was an extra seat, but neither of the boys would let the other sit by themself.

Luke's headache was back and escalating to new proportions, but he was trying to play it off so Percy wouldn't worry. It was a plan that was getting ever harder to execute. They were only an hour into their five-hour trip, and there was no medicine on the plane to relieve his pain.

The newly disgraced huntresses were all demigods, as it turned out -Kelsey was the daughter of Demeter, and the sisters were daughters of Dionysus- so they now had a place to stay after being exiled. Luke wondered if Randy knew that Kelsey would be leaving him again, and, judging by the man's age, probably for the last time.

"Luke?" Percy asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, Perce?" He responded through gritted teeth.

"What happens to Eros, since Annabeth stabbed him? Is he dead?"

"No, gods don't die. They reform like monsters, but it doesn't take as long."

"Do you know how she managed to capture him?"

"She never told me the whole story, Percy," he paused, his head throbbing, "but somehow she managed to trick him into wearing those cuffs, and they weakened him."

Percy just nodded. There was a short amount of time before he spoke again.  "You know, since we didn't rescue Eros, that means we failed our quest."

Luke considered it for a moment. "Well, technically we saved him; he's not captured now. We also saved Olympus from being destroyed by a sociopathic blonde and her army of undead, so I think they might let it slide." This caused both the boys to laugh. The laughing hurt Luke's head and he groaned in pain.

"Luke," Percy said, the joy leaving his face, "what's wrong, are you hurt?"

"No Perce, it's just a migraine, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

Luke leaned over and kissed the boy on the forehead. "Positive."

"Fine," Percy conceded, "but I'm taking you to the infirmary when we get to camp. Now just lay you head on my shoulder and try to sleep."

"I appreciate your concern, Perce, but it'll pass before we even cross the border."

But it didn't, and it didn't pass when they flew over NYC, nor by the time they landed on Long Island. There was supposed to be a feast honoring the success of the boys, but it was cancelled, both of the camps champions were in the infirmary. One in the waiting room, one being examined.

They hadn't even been back for an hour before Apollo was summoned to to give his advice. After another two hours, Percy was tired of being in the dark about the condition of his boyfriend, and began to demand answers. They scared girl ran into the exam room, bringing her brother, Will Solace, out with her.

"Will, please let me in there," Percy pleads, "I have to see him."

"I can't let you do that, Percy," he says firmly, "He's not in good condition, and you being in there will only cause him more stress."

Tears began to pool in Percy's eyes, and slowly run down his cheeks. "Can you at least tell me what's wrong? He's going to be ok right?"

Will's face softened, and he extended his hand to Percy's shoulder, trying to offer the boy some comfort. "We're still running some tests, but we should know what's wrong in about half an hour. I'm sure he'll be ok, Percy, he's a fighter."