Chapter 11

Zarah's POV

The next day went by slowly and uneventful. So, I woke up to pray and found myself in a peach colored room. But then, I remembered that I was married. I still had one question in my mind, though.

Why weren't we sharing a room?

I didn't like sharing a room with him. It's just that all couples sleep together. Oh well, I liked it better this way. Maybe I'll ask him when we finally start talking.

I pushed the question off my mind and went to pray. I couldn't go back to sleep after my salah because I slept for almost 13 hours. I was on my way to the kitchen when we met. He was wearing airpods and was a sweaty mess, probably from the gym.

"I'm going back to work today," he said gruffly and went past me.

"Okay, let me go and make breakfast." I said after him. What is wrong with him?

I made pancakes with syrup, whipcream and raspberries. I finished eating mine and left his in the kitchen. After a while, I heard the sound of a car engine. He was gone and I was alone in this house.

There was nothing to do so I just watched Harry Potter on the TV for like the umpteenth time. I was obsessed with Harry Potter. I eventually slept off while watching it.

I woke up around 6 in the evening. How long was I asleep? My stomach grumbled reminding me that I skipped lunch. "Let's go make lasagna," I muttered. For dessert, I went with cheesecake.

I was done after 2 hours or so. I ate mine quietly. He came back from work around 10 o'clock. "Your food is in the microwave," I told him. He ignored me like he usually did. After that, I went to my room and slept.

***

Days passed and each day was more boring than the other. The routine was the same. I woke up, pray, bath, made breakfast, took a nap, made dinner and sleep. And we didn't even talk.

Which kind of life was this?

But, that day was going to be different. Aysha called me yesterday and told me that they were coming today. It's gonna be a girls day out because Maryam was leaving tomorrow. Apparently, she didn't live here. I was pretty excited and also nervous because it was going to be the first time we went out together.

Earlier today, I had asked Ayyan if I could go and he said yes. Well, he was still my husband, I had to ask him. He gave me card and told me to buy whatever I liked. I refused at first but then he said that if I didn't collect it I wasn't not going anywhere.

The reason being that his sisters would tell Momma that he didn't give me any money, and that he wasn't taking care of me.

I was sitting on my bed reading a novel when I heard the doorbell. It had to be them. I went downstairs and opened the door. Aysha pulled me into a bear hug as soon as I opened the door. "Aysha," I said.

"The one and only." She grinned at me. She left the door and entered. Behind her were Maryam and Rukayya.

"Maryam, how are you?" I said, and side hugged her. "Ruky, I didn't know you were coming," I hugged her too.

"Me too, I was informed at the last minute," she said, glaring at Aysha.

"Sorry, I forgot," she said unapologetic. Typical Aysha.

"So how are you and Ayyan? Hope everything's fine," That was Maryam.

"Fine Alhamdulillah. And where is my baby?"I replied to her.

"Momma is babysitting her back at home." She answered me.

"What are we waiting for? Zarah grab your bag and let's go," Aysha said, emerging from the kitchen eating the brownies that I made yesterday.

"Where did you get those?" Rukayya asked Aysha.

"In the kitchen." Ruky went and came out with her own brownies.

"Where's mine?" Maryam complained.

"I'll get them for you." I said and brought it for her.

We left the house after they've finished eating their brownies. I locked the house afterwards. We entered a navy blue 2018 range rover. Maryam was the driver. I sat in the front seat while Aysha and Ruky sat in the back.

The first stop was a saloon where we had our hair and nails done. Then, we went to a mall. Going to the mall with Aysha and Ruky was a huge mistake. They did not stay in one place and also, they tried on everything they saw. We went to a bookshop where I bought some books. After all the shopping, we went to a nice cozy restaurant close by.

Everything was going fine until Maryam called me into the kitchen alone and asked me a question.

"Have you fufilled my promise of making this marriage work?"

***

So, how is the update? Do you like this chapter? If you did, please vote, comment and share!

I wanna know how Zahra is going to answer that question. It seems as if she has even forgotten about it. Anyway, I hope you liked it.

~R.