I Told Charles There Would Be Revenge

Chapter Nine-I Told Charles There Would Be Revenge

I’m in the mood for some…revenge..

Aren’t you? Revenge is sweet. Like sugar. And who doesn’t like sugar? Crazy people. That’s who. Crazy people who never laugh. That’s why I think they’re robots. Because robots laughs are like ‘what the hell was that? A cat hurling up its lungs?’ It’s a really horrible laugh. They can’t cry either. No tears whatsoever.  Everybody cries at least twice in their life. And you could be crying about something that happened at school or work today. While you’re crying over that, you start to think of all the other bad stuff that happened to you over the years. That just makes you want to cry more. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re crying right now.

Where was I?

I think I should give a nice big helping of revenge to Charles. That’s it.

He sure does deserve it. For mixing up pancakes for flapjacks. How dare he. Plus, there’s all those times that he beat me up. And hitting me on the head. Maybe that’s why I act the way I do. Huh.

“Bart!”

“What?” I snap out of it, looking at Nora.

She waves over to the door. “Are you going to say hello? You haven’t seen them in a long time.”

My eyes find my three brothers and Nell standing in the doorway. I totally forgot they just walked in. “Welcome to my humble abode.”

“Humble abode?” Henry snorts, kicking my nearby coffee stained shirt, “more like pigsty.”

Nell’s eyes are still dull as Nora comes over to hug her. “What are you guys doing here?”

“Clint wanted to on a vacation. I didn’t know he meant this,” She waves around my pigsty, “to be a vacation. I was talking about Hawaii.”

“This is like Hawaii!” I exclaim, jumping over to her. “Sandy beaches, little shops, all you can eat buffet!” I grimace a little. “Don’t eat the shrimp. Gives you horrible diarrhea.”

She shudders. “Thanks for the heads up, Bart.”

“Anytime.” I bounce over to Edward, pulling him inside the apartment and shutting the door. “Edward, my little Cullen boy! Do you sparkle yet?” I try to impersonate a Edward Cullen British accent, but it fails miserably. 

“No, Bart, no sparkling.”

“That’s too bad. I was hoping you sparkle.” Now that everybody is in my little apartment, it feels a tiny bit squished. “You do all have rooms, right?”

“Yeah, Bart. I don’t think we all want to stay in this ’humble abode’,” Clint snorts and walks out the door without another word.  Ah, you gotta love my brothers. Nell follows him, but murmurs a ’see you later’ towards us.  Henry and Edward copy her and now I can breathe again in my apartment.