Sabo x Cheater! Reader (Unedited)

Yo! First off, sorry if it's not exactly what you had in mind! Secondly, not extremely proud of this one. Like, to the point it was too painful to go back and edit it because of how bad it was? But I tried- I was experimenting a little. Maybe a part 2 to sew up open patches? Or a complete redo? I dunno.. Anyway here's the request from  I hope you like it, even though it's kind of crappy. Maybe I'll get back to this another time but I felt like putting something out, I tend to have that feeling after finishing a piece of work.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Sabo x Cheater! Reader (Modern! AU)

◇─◇──◇──◇────◇───◇──◇─◇

For a nearly two years, you and Sabo have been dating. Around a year ago, you two had moved into an apartment with each other. Everything was mostly alright. You two got along, any fights were resolved and moved on from.

Recently, however, you didn't view your relationship as you used to. Sabo has been busy with work, so much that sometimes he doesn't come back home for a few days, staying overnight at his workplace, which you still don't know what or where it is due to it being classified.

The times when he is home, he seems to always be busy with paperwork or too tired to spend time with you. It was alright for the first week or so, but now it's been going on for months. For months you couldn't talk to your boyfriend or spend time with him.

You didn't know what he was doing, and your head has been swarming with depressing and suspecting thoughts. Everything you viewed seemed to be through a lense of hatred and loneliness.

That was until a knock came on your door. You open it, the hinges creaking- something you've been too lazy to fix. A man with wavy black hair and freckles stood.

"Hello?" you say, unsure of why this man came knocking on your door.

He didn't look like a door to door salesman- he had one of those button up Hawaiian shirts on (unbuttoned) with a white tee underneath and wore ripped jeans.

"Hey, I'm looking for someone named Sabo! My name's Ace," he responds cheerfully.

"Ah, I'm (Y/N). Sabo isn't here- he's been very busy with work."

He nods, knowingly.

"Er, the next time I see him I can tell him to give you a call, if you'd like," you suggest.

"Nah, don't worry about it. By the way, you look like a mess," he points out bluntly.

You laugh a little, for the first time in a while. "Yeah, I do, don't I," you say, looking down at yourself. You have on slippers and a nightgown with makeup stains on it from wiping your face. Speaking of your face, you knew you had bags under your eyes. You also were fully aware your hair was a mess, as well.

He chuckles- oh god his laugh. It was hypnotizing, but so gentle and kind.

"How bout getting some coffee, huh? Go get you out," he offers with a wide grin.

Unable to say no to this, you agree. He'll pick you up in two hours, at 13:30. In those two hours, you cleaned up- took a shower, did your hair and light makeup, and put on a (F/C) sundress that reached your mid-thigh with matching wedges.

The door was knocked on again, signalling Ace's arrival. A tad late, but it was fine. You went to a small cafe.

The food and coffee was amazing, adding to the experience. Like legos, you two clicked immediately. You chatted, agreeing on most things and sharing jokes and experiences. After you two had finished eating and drinking, you two walked around a little, just talking.