66. Secrets Start Somewhere.

Slowly Dylan shakes her head, walking back to her room. 

“I want you out of my apartment. Now.” She says, trying to sound tough but it comes out as a begging whimper. Niall turns around to look at her but she is already gone.

"I'm so sorry baby." Niall said, rubbing his hand up and down my back, "She is- I don't even know. She makes me so mad sometimes." 

"Can we leave?" I ask, wanting nothing more than to be out of this wretched apartment. 

"Yeah, I'll go pull the van around."

"Didn't Paul and the others take it?" I ask. 

"Dang. Yeah they did." He said, "I'll call Pedro and see if he can come and pick us up." He said, getting up from the couch and heading to the balcony. Slowly Dylan's bedroom door opens, reviling her tear stained face. I look up at her, my heart stopping slightly.

She looked around and saw Niall on the balcony talking on the phone and quick as a flash she strode out, grabbing my arm tightly in her hand as she drug me to the bedroom. As soon as we where inside she let me go, but locked the door behind her. I backed away until my back hit the wall. 

“Audrey, I-I have to ask you.” She says, her voice choked and watery. I flinch at her words but I can't get away. “Do you want to know why I don't like you?” She asks, tears streaming down her cheeks. I nodded, hoping this would make things go faster.  “I hate you because you can depend on the guys, you opened up to them and I can't do that! You want to know why I said all those awful things about you? To make them angry at me? Because my management made me! If I didn't they would ruin not only Niall's career but all of One Direction and I can’t do that to them!" 

She sobbed, the tears streaming quickly. "You want to know why Niall loves you? He loves you because you’re sweet, kind, you wouldn't hurt a fly. You care about others- but most of all... he knows he can depend on you. He knows you'll be there when he's hurt, or angry, or scared.... or nervous. You'll be his rock, his stability, he knows you'll barely raise your voice, which will make him lower his in an argument. I know because I watched him last night when you were sleeping near him.” She said, making my stomach twist.

She bit her lip, looking up at the ceiling. 

“He watched you to make sure you were okay before he fell asleep, he looked at you like you were just a dream, he tucked your hair behind your ear and kissed the tip of your nose. He held your hand just to know that you were there.” She said, her voice betraying a hint of sadness.

“You're perfect for him, but... you have to let him, all of them hate me.” She says, her voice catching.

“Why should I help you?” I quietly. She steps forwards, grabbing both of my hands in hers, making me filch back.

“Please, if you don't and management finds out... All of them will be ruined!” She begs, “If this wasn't important I wouldn't be asking you! Please!" She sobbed. I nodded quickly, wanting her to quit touching me. Suddenly there was a knock at the door, 

​"Dylan? Are you in there?" Louis voice came through the door. Dylan's eyes grew wide, her breath hitching. 

​"You have to hide!" She gasped, leading me roughly over to a closet where she shoved me inside. Through the crack in the door I could see her unlock and open the bedroom door, Louis walking in. 

"Is it true? Dylan why would you say those things about Audrey?" He asked, sounding hurt and upset. Dylan cleared her throat, taking a moment to control her voice. 

"Because they'er true." She said, like it was obvious. 

​"Then you don't know Audrey! She's sweet and kind and loved by everyone!" He growled, 

"Louis," Dylan mumbled, placing her hands on his shoulders. He shook them off. 

​"Don't 'Louis' me! You broke one of my best friends! How could you?" He yelled at her, 

"You wouldn't understand." She grubmled, folding her arms. 

​"Oh I wouldn't would I? So now I'm too stupid to understand anything?" He asked, Dylan rolled her eyes,

"No-" She began but Louis cut her off.

"Dylan you have always kept secrets from me! Your parents, your emotions, and now this! You never thought I could understand 
and help you. You ran away from us, from me. And now look at you, alone in New York with nothing but a manager to talk to." He said, regret in his voice. Dylan placed her arms around his waist, holding him close.

"But I promise we can do better this time. I will try and let you in more." She said, actually sounding sincere. But Louis shook his head, removing her arms from him.

"No, I'm done with this." He whispered, 

"What? But last night you said you wanted to be back together." Dylan gasped.

"Yeah, last night before you where absolutely horrid to Audrey!" He said, looking into her face. "Dylan, I'm letting you go. You can leave me, my band and friends alone." He said grimly. Dylan let out a choking gasp, her tears falling again. Louis turned and left the room, closing the door behind him with a snap. I opened the closet door and walked slowly to the bedroom door, keeping an eye on Dylan as I did. But she remained frozen, her eyes locked on the floor as she cried. 

I left the room, closing the door quickly behind me,

"Hey where where you?" Niall asks as I return to the living room.

"I'll tell you later." I said, not wanting to relive the moment again.

"Okay, well Paul is waiting downstairs for us. Apparently they where mobbed and had to leave quickly." Niall said, snaking his arm around my waist, pulling me to him.

"Where are we going?" I ask leaning my head on his chest.

"Maryland, we leave as soon as we get our suitcases fro the hotel." Niall said, rubbing my back. 

"Can we wait in the lobby? I don't want to stay in here any longer." I say, feeling selfish.

"Okay baby." He says, letting me go except my hand, both of us leaving the apartment, hopefully for the last time.