001

Beginning Cast:

Harry Styles as Himself

Nicola Peltz as Catalina Gates [Main Girl]

Nicolas Cage as Mr. Gates

Liam Payne as Himself

Bradley Cooper as Ray Decker

Zayn Malik as Himself

Chloe Moretz as Paige Gates

_______________________________

I WONDERED what my life would be like if my father wasn't the man he was. Despite his occupation, I'm completely devoted to loving him like his daughter that I am. My younger sister Paige has other plans, however. She rarely leaves home, threatened by the little things of the world. The smallest of things affect her in much greater ways, and I have always feared that she would become distant from us.

As I shut the door of my car, I immediately knew the exact number of rifles aimed at me and the barrel of pistols awaiting for me; 64. The men in the front relaxed their tense shoulders once they saw who I was. I made my way towards them, letting them lead me to where my father was.

"Good afternoon, Miss Gates." One of the men that I knew as Gator greeted me.

I laughed softly, letting my hand rest on his shoulder. "Just because my dad said you should always greet me doesn't mean you have to."

He scoffed a little, a playfulness in the presence of displeasure. "It's the polite thing to do."

The hot, Mexican air became distant as I entered the air conditioned house. Dad had a thing for hot, or tropical areas. He always bought luxurious mansions everywhere he went and loved. I sighed deeply to myself, knowing that the reason I am here is not because he wanted to say hi or see how I was doing. But because he wanted me to go somewhere. I'm constantly relocated to places because of his caution with my safety. I wouldn't blame him, however. I'm glad he still is concerned for my well-being.

It wasn't a surprise as I entered the house. Everything was according to the way my father desired. The furniture was a dark, almost black wood. Walls were flawlessly coated in a deep crimson color. Every room was spacious and had hallways leading to other various rooms. I wasn't fascinated by his choice of beautiful decor or the way the marbled floors glistened because they were scrubbed until they were immaculate. He is a man for perfected things, and he doesn't do mistakes.

Dad was drinking tea by the windows, which I'm sure were bulletproof. His greying brown hair was slicked back, his bright green eyes staring ahead as he conversed with a tall male that stood with his eyes glaring into the window, standing with perfected posture.

"Mr. Gates, your daughter is here." Gator informed him, turning around and leaving us to business.

He put down his teacup, standing with a sigh as he looked up at me. He only glanced at my attire. My shorts weren't necessarily appropriate to him, and I knew because he immediately shook his head. He insisted they were too short, but I wore them anyway because I actually quite liked them. I wore a simple white tank top, an unbuttoned pink and white plaid shirt over it. The plaid shirt was rolled up on my sleeves. I wore nude heels that were the wedge type, my golden hair down onto my shoulders.

Nevertheless, he gave me a smile. "You look more grown every time I look at you. Come here and give your father a hug."

I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around him tightly. It is no mystery that I've missed him. I don't understand how Paige does it. But my father has always been the only person I've ever loved so deeply and so truthfully. He is the reason I even attend school and exceeded because I want to show him I'm worthy.

"Hey, dad," I whispered to him as we pulled away.

"Come, let's sit down." He urged us to sit down on the sofa he had just been sitting on. He offered me some tea, and I refused out of wanting to get to the point. "You know I didn't call you here to chat."

My hands clasped together on my lap, keeping my legs tightly closed as I inhaled deeply. "I figured."

"Now, you know I worry about your safety. And lately there have been occurring things I'm very familiar with. And I'm just asking that you bear with me when I say that you'll be staying in Texas for quite some time." He explained firmly.

Again, relocating and going to a new high school all over again. I'm tired of the same old situation. New friends, new building to explore and get lost in, new teachers, new classes to become familiar with. I am not one to enjoy traveling anymore because of the many times I have traveled. But there was no complaining. If there was something my father hated more than flaws in his system, it was complaining.

Having no choice but to agree, I nodded my head slowly. He seemed pleased I wasn't complaining. Then again I never did. Paige was the one who would constantly scream at him over the phone, wishing she had a regular life rather than this one. I can relate to her, but I take things in much differently than she does. I

"Your sister is safely in Texas already, and she is waiting for your arrival."

He wouldn't go with us. He'd stay here and then travel half way around the world to plan how he'll get out whatever has happened. I always trusted him he knew what he was doing, but that didn't mean I rarely worried.

"Harry here, will be in charge of you. Now you listen to everything he says, no matter how ridiculous, you must do what he says. He is my best right hand man, and the only one willing to risk his life to protect you." Dad explained to me firmly as my eyes traveled to the tall man standing near the windows.

The words my father said became a blur as I studied the man who's name was Harry. His legs were long and they added to his lean figure. He was dressed in all black, black button up, black tight jeans, and black dressing shoes. My father had everyone dress that way, even in the line of duty, he expects perfection. The button was rolled up on his elbows, revealing swirls of black ink on his lightly tanning skin. It wasn't completely covered, but I'm sure it was a sleeve of tattoos.

His chin was raised, bright green eyes soaking in the features of my face. He seemed uninterested, though he never removed his eyes from me. His plump, pink, heart-shaped lips were neither curved in a smirk nor in a frown. The black lip ring on his bottom lip added to his dark appearance. He had a strongly defined jawline, perfectly framing his face. I swooned at the sight of his eyebrow piercing. He was stolid, serious and seeming relaxed. His total silence made me question if he was living, since not even the rising and falling of his chest proved his existence.

Hazelnut brown curls were pushed back from his face, a messy look that made him seem much more attractive. Insanely beautiful pale green eyes stared at me with no emotion, while my own blue ones battled to find some type of reaction.

"Catalina," my father snapped, obviously angered my attention was taken away from him by the stranger who's supposed to protect me with his own life. I averted my eyes from Harry, frowning slightly as I looked back at my father. "Everything he does is to protect you. He is only meant for that reason, and when you're safe, he will come back here. He already knows his job, and won't be fooled by your tendencies to get off track."

I narrowed my eyes, prepared to defend myself. "I don't need him to protect me. He is a stranger to me. I'm not fully prepared to trust him."

He stood up from his seat, his knees cracking. "I don't care what you think. You are seventeen, and you are under my care. I don't want to hear anything else. Tonight you will begin to drive North of Mexico up to Texas. At the border, there are my men waiting for you both. You will be crossing the border in three days time." He instructed harshly. "When you arrive, I want a call from you and your sister."

Needless to say I was angry. I can't even fly in a plane because whoever he is in debt to will be able to track me down faster. I have to be in a car with a complete stranger who looks like death in a form of a handsome male. Dad began to walk away as Harry leaned off the windows and glanced outside. I watched him as he began to walk away as well, not even saying a word to me. Even his footsteps were silent.

A/N: First chapters are always the hardest to write. This is an original idea I've come up with and I don't even know how but it just came to mind. WARNING: this story may contain scenes that will discomfort you, so be aware of that. Nevertheless, please leave your comments on what you think!