Chapter 2: Where is she?!?!?!

Concubine Li Xiyin is sitting at the waiting hall to wait for both of her husband and her son while sipping on a cup of chrysanthemums tea. She smiles as she gracefully puts the cup down on a nearby table.

"Moli, how is the eldest miss? What is she doing right now?"

"The eldest miss is taking her nap now, madame. Seems like she is quite happy when I left her, she even smiles in her sleep."

Concubine Li Xiyin softly laughs when she heard what the maidservant has just told her, "That girl really gave the whole family a big scare. Luckily, she is fine now and she looks quite lively as well. Maybe this is for the better... What do you think, Rouran?"

"Mother, I think it is good as in the past, Baiyu has always been somewhat reserved and never ever voices out her disagreement and/or discontentment. I believe that everything will be alright."

"True. Though I may not be her real mother, that child captures my heart when I first saw her. I want nothing but the best for her. I hope that she will found someone who will love her wholeheartedly."

From the distance, both of the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law pair can hear the sound of someone running towards the waiting hall. They acted as usual as they both know that only one person will run like that, Shen Lianhua.

"Mother! Mother! That man is here!"

"Which man?"

"That damnable crown prince of course! He has just arrived together with father and older brother. Father seems to be quite pissed with him being here so both he and older brother immediately left for the military headquarter. Oopsss... Sorry, sister-in-law..."

Princess Rouran softly laughs before she look at her mother-in-law rather questioningly. What is her younger brother doing here? This is the first time...

"He wanted to meet-up with older sister!"

Princess Rouran suddenly says, "What is he doing here? Second sister-in-law nearly dies because of him. Why should he even be here in the first place? Baiyu will be upset with him here."

Concubine Li Xiyin then says calmly, "Let him in. Moli, do wake her up and tells her that the crown prince is here to meet her. Ah... Tell her there is no rush for her to show up."

Princess Nangong Rouran though she is one of the member of the royal family, is on her in-laws' side. She has seen how disappointed her sister-in-law has been 2 years ago when her younger brother suddenly joined the war mission on the same day as his supposed wedding day. Still, her sister-in-law just silently sat on her bed in her red wedding dress. She just sat there and say nothing. She waited for him but what did she get? Nothing but more humiliation. When she knew that her sister-in-law wanted to break her engagement as well, she is happy for her as she deserves better. Seems like the near death experience affected her sister-in-law in a positive way. These days, she has been quite lively unlike in the past.

Concubine Li Xiyin, Princess Nangong Rouran and Shen Lianhua stand in front of the waiting hall to welcome the crown prince. All three of them are smiling though their hearts are unwilling, they can only hope that both the master and young master of the family will come home soon.

Moli walks faster to go back to Shen Baiyu's courtyard. The other maidservant is still standing in front of the room as the eldest miss is still sound asleep. She instructed the other maidservant to prepare a warm water for the the eldest miss to wash her face. Herbal fragrant tea for their eldest miss to clean her mouth as well. As that incorrigible man is here, their eldest miss should look her very best. She even prepared a new outfit for her before proceeding to wake her up.