Chapter 49

Elizabeth's mother had always been quite an intimidating woman. She stood at a stunning height of "6'3 and tended to wear at least 4-inch heels. With that, she always wore a pinstriped pants suit perfectly tailored for her. Her hair was short, as it had always been, and she wore a big smile on her face.

"Elizabeth dear, it's so good to see you!" She said hugging her daughter. "And you brought someone, that's new." She added eyeing James.

"Mom be nice," Elizabeth said chuckling. "This is James, my boyfriend. James this is my mother, Eleonor."

Eleonor took a step back from her daughter and looked at James for a moment with a scrutinizing look. "Alright, nice to meet you, James." She said extending her hand for him to shake. 

"Likewise Ma'am," James said taking her hand and shaking it. 

"Strong handshake I like that," Eleonor said stepping further into the house. "Come in" 

Eleonor had been a lawyer for the bigger part of her life. She had started out as a divorce attorney but found the seething women too much of a hassle to work with and decided that criminal law was more up her alley. 

This is why she doesn't scare easy and walks confidently into any situation. Her husband, on the other hand, was slightly different. He was a veterinarian and spent most of his days tending sick cats and dogs etc. Though very different from his wife, her father was just as hard working. 

"Your father isn't home," Eleanor said leading them into the kitchen. "He's got appointments till 5. Can I get you guys something to drink?" She said motioning for them to sit down.

For an hour the three of them sat and talked, James getting to know Eleonor and Eleonor judging James. (In a motherly way).

Then around five, the front door opened. "Ah, that should be Irving." Eleonor said standing up.

"Honey I'm home!" Irving yelled kicking his shoes of and hanging his coat. 

"Tea or Coffee?" She yelled back.

"Tea!" 

He then walked into the kitchen and was surprised by the sight of both his daughter and an unknown man sitting in his kitchen. "Look who dropped by," Eleonor said smiling. 

"Elizabeth!" He said smiling hugging his daughter. 

"Dad!" She nearly yelled hugging him back. 

"And who is this?" He said letting go of his daughter and looking at James. 

"This is James," Elizabeth, whilst her father shook James his hand. 

"Ah, and what are your intentions with my daughter?" Irving said holding onto James his hand. For a moment, James looked startled, right before Irving said, "Nah, I'm just kidding. So how's everyone doing?"

James and Elizabeth ended up staying over for dinner and left late that evening. "So that wasn't that bad now was it?" Elizabeth said smiling at James as they sat in the back of the cab.

"No..." James sighed. "I have to admit it wasn't."

"See?"

"I kind of had a good time." 

That day, however, seemed so long ago now... Elizabeth felt as if time had flown by since she had met James. Well, met James again. 

To think that it had all started with the death of her former boss saddened her. But she knew that he would have been happy knowing that both she and James would be happy together. 

For a moment her eyes teared up thinking about all of it. Quickly she dried it, trying not to destroy the work the hair and makeup lady had put in.

"Is the bride ready?" Natalie said standing behind her.

"I think I am." She said standing up.

"Good, everyone is waiting..." 

There James stood, wearing his newest and best suit, waiting for the woman of his dreams to walk down the aisle.  He was nervous. More nervous then he had ever felt in his life. Looking down at his hand he noticed that it was trembling ever so slightly. 

"Are you ok?" Patrick, his best man, whispered to him. 

"Nervous, but other then that fine." James said trying to keep his hand still. 

"I can imagine. But it will be alright."

Then suddenly the music started playing, and James looked up. 

There she was... 

For that moment he felt like they were the only two people in the world. Her lips curled up in a smile as her eyes met his, taking his breath away completely. Slowly she strode towards him, as her father gave her away. 

Now there she was, standing beside him. "You look stunning..." He said, even though he hadn't even fully noticed what her dress looked like, for all he had eyes for was her face.

"Thank you, you're not to bad yourself." She whispered back. 

The minister then started talking, but neither of them really noticed as they only had eyes for each other. 

"Mr. McGregor?" He said snapping James out of it. 

James looked up, as he heard people laugh, "Good to know you're still with us." The minister chuckled. 

"Sorry I was just lost in her eyes." James replied, making everyone, including Elizabeth laugh. 

"Alright, do we have the rings?" The minister said, as Timothy stepped forward handing them to them. 

"Now, repeat after me, I, James, take you, Elizabeth, for my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part."

"I, James, take you, Elizabeth, for my lawfuly wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part," James said as he put the ring on her finger. 

"I, Elizabeth, take you,  James,  as my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part." The minister then said, which Elizabeth repeated, putting the ring on James his finger. 

"You may now kiss the bride." 

_____________________________________

Please leave a vote if you like it <3 (and yes the story is coming to an end...)