Can we just be us?- 18

Kirishima pov
We headed silently yet happily towards a pretty cafe that sat in the corner of the mall. I think both of us were too scared hold hands so publicly, so we just settled walking shoulder-to-shoulder. Even though our kiss was very open, we were both too high on adrenaline; I still was, but I had slightly calmed down. I still couldn't believe that Katsuki had kissed me, after all those days of self-doubt and fear of rejection. He had been brave enough to kiss me again, and I liked him so much for that. Ever since the romantic gesture, the brave, powerful Katsuki suddenly turned into a shy, love-struck boy. He was constantly blushing and laughing nervously. I almost melted when he found something I said funny. Our conversation during the walk to the cafe was quite tame, I guess we were waiting to sit down before getting on the big stuff.

We sat with our drinks on a wooden table that had been tucked away in the corner of the cafe. The place was almost empty, minus the workers and a few couples sitting here and there. "Err, I like your outfit today." Kat said quickly. I smiled at him.
"Thanks, you look really nice as well." Saying the compliment, I noticed Katsuki sit up slightly straighter, like he just had some confidence pumped back into him.
"So, Red, are we, a thing now?" He said each word slowly, almost as if he was thinking over each one.
"Yeah? I mean, I think?" His eyes widened. I carried on, more smoothly. "Like, I've never dated anyone before so I don't really know the order. Are we just a thing, or do we saying dating? But then we did- we did kiss so maybe we'd just say boyfri-"
"Can we just be us?" Asked Kat, his voice wasn't harsh now, it was calm and sweet. "I'd like to call you my- my boyfriend eventually, but I hear you don't want to rush a relationship, you know?" He said it as if he was worried I'd be mad, so I reassured him with a smile.
"I one hundred percent agree Kat," I paused, "So when do we go on our first official date?" I was expecting him to shrug and ask me, but instead;
"I'll plan it." He said it confidently. Obviously he could read my face, he could see how rosey that made me. So he added on 'Hair-for-brains' but that only made me like him more. I suddenly remembered something, something important.
"We're two boys," I said abruptly. He looked at me and nodded awkwardly. "That means we're gay, or gay for each other, I don't really know how to phrase it. But what I'm trying to say is, do we tell people or?" I was so nervous asking this. It was hard to openly admit something like that, especially to the person you like.
"I- I think I'd like it if just for the next few days or weeks or whatever, we keep this between us. I don't know if I'm ready to- to come out." He winced as he said those words. "But please don't think this is because I'm like, ashamed of you or us. It's just like this is so new to me and-"
"Don't worry, I get it Kat." As saying this, I took my opportunity to rest my hand on top of his. He looked at it, then back to my eyes. He smiled at me and let my hand hold his. This was incredible.