79. Foggy.

Audrey’s P.O.V.

Beep...beep...beep...

I opened my eyes to a white room, there where monitors next to me along with an IV, I followed the clear tube to a needle in my arm. I tried to sit up but my stomach hurt to much, I groaned and gave up. A doctor walked in and checked my chart, she then noticed I was awake. 

“Hello dearie, how are you feeling?” she asked, I looked around again, 

“Fine, I guess, what happened to me?” I asked, the doctor smiled.

“You where hit on the head, pretty hard to, it also looks like you where kicked in the stomach a couple of times too. Nothing to bad but a few bruises.” She said, I nodded. “Let me go and tell your friend your awake.” She said with a smile, she left the room and I frowned.

Friend? I don't have any friends.

Niall’s P.O.V.

“Paul, it's been almost seven hours! Why do you think it's taking so long?” I asked, pacing up and down, Paul frowned from his chair. 

“Niall, She’s fine, just sit down and quit worrying! The doctor expects her to wake up by the hour.” He said not bothering to look up from his magazine. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, again. I noticed Audrey’s doctor walking to us a smile on her face.

“I have good news, she’s awake and talking, but she seemed a bit confused about what happened. She will have to say here over night for further evaluation but you may see her before visiting hours are up.” She said, I nodded feeling a little faint from relief.

“Can I see her now?” I asked, The doctor smiled, 

“Absolutely, right this way.” She said leading me down the hallway, I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Liam.

*She's awake!*

The doctor came to a room and opened the door and stuck her head in,

“Ms. Bree, you have a visitor.” She said stepping back, I walked in and over to her. Her head was bandaged and she still was a little pale but I saw the familiar sparkle in her eyes and I knew she was going to be okay.

“I'm so glad your okay!” I said reaching in to kiss her, but she pulled away from me. Flinching back. “What’s the matter?” I asked, my hand on her cheek. Again she flinched away from me, fear flashing in her eyes.

“Who are you?” She asked, I felt a pang of fear in my chest and looked back at the doctor who raised her eyebrows. 

“What’s wrong with her? Why doesn't she remember me.” I asked taking a step back. The doctor frowned.

“She may be experiencing post trauma amnesia, this type can be nasty if it wants to be, not breaking for several years. We will run some tests and see what is going on. But for right now if you want you can just talk to her and see if you can get her to remember anything.” With that the doctor left. I turned back to Audrey who looked confused and a very scared.

“Did Joey do this?” She asked in a quiet, pained voice. I sat on the edge of her bed, not sure of what to do.

“No, you where hit on the head with something.” I said, and she recoiled form me.

“You did this didn’t you!” She gasped, I shook me head quickly.

“No, Audrey, I would never.” I promised her, she gave me a confused look.

“How do you know my name?” She asked, and my heart ached.

“I'm your boyfriend, of course I know your name. I know everything about you.” I said leaning forwards a little. She cocked her head to one side.

“Everything?” She asked, I smiled, “Like what?” She asked,

“Well, your from Georgia, you had two older siblings, you used to live in Washington. You like your hair in a braid. Your favorite song changes every week and is currently She’s Not Afraid by One Direction.” I said, she raised her eyebrows, 

“Convincing, but you could just be a stalker, my boyfriend would know personal things.” She said, I thought,

“You like to be kissed on your neck right above your collar bone, your ticklish on your hips, you like it when I sing you to sleep, you cry when your angry, and you like running your hands through my hair.” I said. She nodded slowly, her eyes locked on the sheets. 

“I remember something, something about a van, and five boys. Are you one of the five?” She asked, I nodded, “I- I also remember someone's arms around me, singing to me. But I can’t see who it is.” She said, running a hand through her hair, my phone buzzed and I pulled it out. It was a text from Liam,

*Thats great! We are going to stay here because Paul doesn't want paparazzi all over the place. Tell Audrey we miss her.*

I put my phone back and sighed, I was hoping if she saw the rest of the guys she might remember faster. The door opened and the doctor walked in.

“Visiting hours are over but you can come back tomorrow at 8:00.” She said, I nodded and placed my hand on hers, feeling the zing of electricity flow between us. Audrey looked at our hands and frowned,

“Try to remember.” I pleaded, she nodded, 

“I will, and I'm sorry.” She said, I stood, 

“Why are you sorry?” I asked, She smiled,

“Because I may not remember you up here,” She pointed to her bandaged head, “But I seem to remember you in here.” He laid her hand on her heart. I smiled at her and kissed her on her head.

“Good night, Audrey, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said, before I left the room, Paul was waiting for me in the waiting room with a sympathetic look on his face.

“Nialler, I'm so sorry, the doctor told me about her memory,” He said, I nodded feeling the pressure of reality bearing down on me. Paul put an arm around me and led me to the truck. I got in and looked out the dark window, and let a few more tears escape.