Chapter 9

**Jungkook's POV**

Days and days passed with Taehyung not waking up. It was beginning to feel like it was just a dream. A false hope. I tried my best to stay positive, but my negative thoughts were getting the best of me. Right now, I had got myself ready and went outside during the day for the first time in months. I used to go out more often when Taehyung was around, but I had stopped recently. I had stopped leaving at all, for that matter.

 I walked through the cold winter air, flakes of snow landing on my clothing. I didn't know this city all too well, but I went out anyways. I didn't tell anyone, but Jimin walked outside the moment I did. Jimin knows of my plans, but I asked him to keep it a secret. I didn't want Namjoon's guards following me, as much as I like the protection. I'd rather have maximum protection for Taehyung while they think I'm there.  I was heading back to the house now, trying to hold in my emotions.

 Truthfully, I was very upset on this day. I arrived back at the house, the guards seeming shocked to see me arrive. I ignored them, entering through the door. I took off my snow-covered shoes, walking up the stairs. I sat on the floor next to the bed, as usual, setting the items I bought next to me. 

" Hello, darling. " I said, unknowingly letting my tears fall. I took his hand in mine, trying to calm myself down. 
" Happy birthday. I know I said I would celebrate it with you. Please forgive me for not being able to make that happen. " I said, placing a soft kiss to the back of his hand. I set a freshly bought article of clothing on the bed, still attached to its hanger. 

" I got you a hoodie that's almost identical to the one you used to always wear because I got it for you. I couldn't bring your stuff and I'm sorry about that. Maybe you can wear it once you wake up. " I said, setting it back in the bag. I need to make sure to remember to wash it and hang it up later. I don't want to buy him too many clothes, because I want him to be able to choose everything once he is back. I grabbed the other thing that was in the bag. 
" I also got you this bracelet. It has your birthstone on it. " I said, putting the box it came in on the side table. I want him to be awake when I put it on him. I let the room fall into silence while I stared at his face. I want more than anything for him to be able to stare back. 

" Have you ever heard me sing? Jin and Jimin say I have a nice voice, but I don't know how accurate that is. " I spoke up, breaking the silence. I began to rub circled on the back of his hand. 
" Happy birthday to you. " I started, tears forming in the corner of my eyes again. 
" Happy birthday to you. " I let a single tear fall. It rolled down my cheek, leaving a shiny track behind it. 

" H-happy birthday dear T-taehyung. " I sang, more tears following the first, wetting the sheet below my face. 
" Happy birthday to... y-you. " I finished, my voice cracking at the end. I let myself break out into a full-on sobbing fit. I wish he was awake to hear that, to receive my presents. I was too busy crying that I didn't hear the door behind me open. I only noticed when I heard something being placed on the side table next to me. I rapidly tried to dry my tears because I don't like when people see me crying. 

" W-what are you doing. " I asked, turning around to see everyone, including Namjoon, inside the room. The item placed on the side table was a sketchpad and a set of pencils from Jimin. 

" You said he likes learning to draw. " Jimin said, giving me a soft smile. Did they all get him presents? One by one, they all set stuff down around the bed. Jin had got him a lava lamp with the excuse of ' he'd be fascinated by it.' It was probably true, he finds the smallest things interesting. Hoseok had got him a mini water fountain for the bathroom. When I asked the reason why he said it was because he met him standing next to a drinking fountain. This caused me to laugh even though I was still emotional. Yoongi got him an iPad saying 'why not?' Namjoon said his present wasn't ready yet and that I would absolutely hate it, but he thinks Taehyung will find it funny. 

" I'm helping Namjoon with his. " Jin said, giggling evilly. I am frightened for what these two have come up with together. 

" Have you checked his progress recently? " Namjoon asked after everyone was done laughing and talking about the gifts. 

" Not since yesterday. " I said, still holding Taehyung's hand in mine. Namjoon sighed. 

" No fangs yet? " He asked, as everyone stayed silent to listen to us. They probably want to know any details on his change as well. I don't think I'm the only one who wants him to wake up. 

" No fangs. " I confirmed, gazing at my baby's face sadly. Fangs were supposed to come in right after his wounds healed. Its been another month and a half since then and they still aren't here. Taehyung has been unconscious for a total of three months so far and it's really starting to worry me. I keep telling myself that it's confirmed he's going to wake up, but what if something in the transformation goes wrong? Can that even happen? 

" We're gonna go. You can spend your time alone with him. " Jin said, turning to leave with the whole group. I waited for the sound of the front door closing before breaking down crying again. 

" W-why don't you have fangs yet? " I cried, laying my head on his chest. So many thoughts are racing through my head right now. Thoughts of all the possible things that could have gone wrong. What if he never get's fangs and doesn't wake up? I can't even imagine that happening. It would kill me.  I wiped my tears away, gazing over his facial features once again. I can't imagine my future without this beautiful person being involved.

 I realized that I haven't actually checked for fangs today, a sliver of hope running through me. Maybe they came sometime between yesterday and now? However, I was scared to check. If they weren't there, I'd completely break down again. I need to check. I can't know for sure that he's been making no progress without checking. I pressed a soft, lingering kiss to his forehead before shakily opening his mouth. I clenched my eyes shut, images of the previous times I've checked running through my head. I shook my head, clearing the images. I need to know.

I slowly opened my eyes, gasping at the sight. 

" Fangs! " I screeched in joy, a wide smile making its way to my face. This has made me forget all the sadness I was feeling before. He has fangs! That means he didn't stop making progress. He's actually quite close to completing the transformation. 

" Baby, you're going to wake up soon! " I said excitedly, laying my head on his chest. I rubbed my face against his chest, taking in his scent while smiling to myself. My thoughts filled with positive images once again instead of all this negativity. I keep imagining scenarios. We can go hunting together for animals. I don't think he'd ever be able to kill a human, but that's perfectly fine. He's going to need to get used to the way he sees, smells and hears things because that changes. Your vision becomes better and more precise. You can hear things at the level bats can. Things that used to smell good to you, don't anymore and that sense also gets stronger as well. I can't wait to help him explore these things. I didn't have that myself and was completely confused until I met Jin. The presence of his fangs, are just what I needed to be filled with hope once again.