cxliii.

Yoongi waved at the others below just as a girl from his school cleared her throat.

"You can't just take up an entire row," the girl said. "Other people need to find seats too."

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to need it," Yoongi said, turning to stare at the girl.

"I'm pretty sure you won't," she replied, pursing her lips.

Just then, Jimin finished mounting the stairs and slid into the bleachers on Yoongi's left. "H-Hey," he said, grinning at Yoongi before cupping his hands in front of his mouth to try to breathe some heat into them, as the night air was bitingly cold.

"Yo, man, what's up," Hobi said in English as he dropped onto the bleacher next to Jimin.

The girl was still standing there, looking annoyed. "Three people still aren't enough to take up the entire-"

"Hey bro," Tae said, fist-bumping Yoongi, then Jimin, then Hobi before sitting to Hobi's left.

"Hyung! Notice me!" Jungkook said, stopping in front of Yoongi and waving his hands. Yoongi just rolled his eyes and gave Jungkook a gentle push, sending him off to sit next to Tae.

"Sorry we're late," Namjoon said, huffing slightly from having to climb all the steps to the top of the bleachers. "We had to talk about something." With Lisa's hand in his, he led her to sit on the end by Jungkook. Lisa grinned and ruffled his hair as they sat.

"...Okay, well, there's still one open seat," the high school girl said, moving to sit to Yoongi's right, but Yoongi glared at her and scooched over so he took up both seats.

"No there isn't, it's for my mom. Go find somewhere else to sit," he snapped, and she scowled at him before leaving just as their mom got to the top of the bleachers.

"Oh," she said, staring at the full row of bleachers. "All right, I'm going to sit over-"

Yoongi moved back to his left. "This seat is for you," he said without looking up at her, and she hesitated before sitting down.

A large scoreboard to the right side of the stadium informed them that the game would be starting in 18 minutes, and they all looked down at the field to try and pick Jin out from the players warming up.

"Right there," Hobi said, pointing at one of several dozen players in dark uniforms. "Number 21. That's definitely Jin."

"Uh uh," Tae said. "That one, 36."

"No, his shoulders aren't broad enough," Jungkook said. "I think number 8?"

"12," Yoongi said. "That one is Jin for sure."

"B-But isn't Jin the one on the sideline who looks like he's g-going to throw up?" Jimin asked, pointing at one player who had strayed from the rest and was standing next to a trash can.

"Oh, yeah, that's probably Jin," Hobi agreed, and they all nodded in agreement.

***

The game was- well, if you asked Jungkook or Tae or Jimin or Hobi or Yoongi to narrate it, they wouldn't have much to say.

A team started with the ball (they weren't sure which team), and after going one way for a while, they changed directions, and then they changed directions again. There was probably a football on the field, but they lost sight of it pretty frequently, and they weren't really sure why everybody was charging everyone else when they didn't even have the ball.

At some point in the game, their team got on the board. They still weren't sure if Jin had taken part in the touchdown because they still weren't entirely sure which player was Jin, but by the end of the game, the home team was up 21-14 for a victory.