Chapter 6

"Distracted, because of you, Draco. Because you haven't spoken to me since after...you know. And that I haven't spoken to you."

He stares at you, you're both back sitting down on the stairs— closer than before. The sounds from the Great Hall were completely muted by your mind now. He didn't speak until you raised your eyebrows, expecting him to say something.

"Do you want me to speak to you, (Y/N)? Or would you rather do something else?"

"Excuse me?" He was right, to be perfectly honest with yourself would be embarrassing, but you didn't want to talk— kissing Draco was a better form of communication than talking
was.

You wanted to kiss him, for real this time.
He moved closer to you on the step, enough so that your knees touched— and with his hand, pulled your face towards his. The electricity in the air between you two was so static that every time his finger lingered over your skin, it felt like a shock. He had a serious, lustful face on, one you haven't seen before. You wondered how you seemed to him— intimidated, nervous, insecure. He'd feed off of that, and make himself more powerful— that's what he did. Your choices where either pull away and say you have to go, giving in to the coward he probably sees you as... or make the first move and prove to him that you're different from what he thought.

"What's wrong?" He asked empathetically. He then removed his hand from your cheek and scooted back— Draco felt like he was being too forward with you.

"No, no.." You sighed.

It couldn't end like this, you needed closure— words from him on what this whole mess is going to be. He looked flustered. And that was when you grabbed his face and kissed him, he was shocked at first, surprised at how your demeanor had changed so quickly. After a second he closed his eyes and kissed you back, moving close enough so that you felt his heart beating loudly. It was real this time, with thoughts and emotions and confusion and happiness. After the kiss he turned away, smirking. You looked at him and he looked back.

"You're different from what I first thought of you, (Y/N)."

"Is that good or bad?"

He didn't answer, just kissed you on the cheek and went up the stairs, leaving you with just your thoughts and the electricity in your body quickly fading away.