Chapter 9

"What did Marcus do to you?" Quinton suddenly asked as he looked at me in question.

I glanced away and squirmed in my seat. I wasn't ready to get all buddy buddy with the two of them just yet.

"I'd rather not tell,"  I decided to go with as I walked over to the glass windows and stared out to the busy city.

Various cars drove passed as I looked down on them. Alexander's office had a beautiful view and I felt a pang of jealousy.

"Oh c'mon! Aren't we going to take him down together? Tell us," Quinton persisted and I kept my back to them.

"Quinton," Alexander said with firmness to his voice, successfully silencing Quinton.

"Forget I asked," Quinton said in a soft tone and I turned around in time to see his small smile as I gave him a short nod.

There was a silence between us for a few moments. We all glanced at each other waiting for the other to speak.

"It happened in college," Quinton suddenly inquired and I looked at him in confusion as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What happened?" I asked as I leaned on the glass window.

"Marcus happened," Alexander gritted as he ran a hand through his dark hair, leaning back.

"We shared a dorm. We were actually friends," Quinton continued and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"He started a fire in the dorm. It spread," he said with a small pause.

"Four people got severely burnt and like always he blamed it on someone else. Me to be exact," he pointed to his chest.

Quinton stopped talking and sighed as he rubbed his temples.

"Basically things from there got a little messy," he stated and shrugged his shoulders. He made it seem like it was nothing but I could see the anger burning in his eyes.

"Though what he did to Alexander is far worse."

Alexanders head shot to Quinton's and he gave him a deadly look, his jaw clenching. Quinton apologized under his breath and averted his gaze to mine.

I glanced over at Alexander and I looked at him in curiosity.

"What did he do to you?" I couldn't help but ask as I tilted my head.

"What did he do to you?" Alexander mimicked and I rolled my eyes.

"You're not the only one who isn't ready to explain," Alexander smirked as he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his desk.

"I'll just have to wait then," I shrugged my shoulders and gave Alexander a grin.

His dark eyes bore into mine and my breath got caught in my throat. He had an effect on me even when he was several meters away from me.

"Don't you worry. You won't have to wait for long," Alexander bellowed his smirk still intact.

I raised an eyebrow at him. I was certain we were talking about another topic.

"Flirt another time will you? I'm heading out," Quinton chimed in as he slapped his hands onto his knees and stood up.

"Boss," Quinton stated as he gave Alexander a nod.

"Victoria," he then continued as he walked over to me and placed a sweet kiss onto my cheek.

He then made his way to the door and left. Now it was just Alexander and I.

"You should go home and rest. You have to confront Marcus at work tomorrow, you're going to need all the energy you can get," Alexander said with an amused grin.