Safe Place

I listen carefully as she starts rambling about her fight with her dad through tears. I've never seen her cry like this before. She doesn't seem like the type of person to show her emotions easily.

"Peter..." (Y/n) starts, "honest to god you saved me. You actually saved me from doing something so, so stupid. I-I was so mad at my dad...We never really got into a fight this big before. He....he went off to have a drink so I thought, 'well, like father like daughter. I'll go have a drink too. That'll piss him off'." She starts to cry again, "h-he tried to keep me in my room, so I snuck out and decided to sneak into a night club. That's why I was all dressed up and stuff...I don't know what I was thinking. You know how when you just get so angry, you can't think straight? It was like that." She wipes her eyes and holds back the rest of her tears while placing her head in her hands. "I thought, 'if he can drink the pain away, so can I', so I snuck out of my room and stole his car. I-I've never done something so stupid in my entire life."

"Not even when you single-handedly took on a man with a gun in the Science room?" I ask, attempting to make her laugh.

She chuckles, shaking her head from her hunched over position. She raises her head and turns to me. "I had a plan though. That was reckless, yes, but I wasn't being stupid. I had a plan." She sighs and continues, "today...I had no plan. It was like I didn't care what happened to me, I just wanted to get drunk, party, and piss off my dad. I-I didn't have a plan, just an extremely stupid idea. I probably would've gone through with it to, if the rain didn't soak my clothes and make my makeup look like something out of a zombie film." She forces a laugh. "And...if it wasn't for you, Peter, I'd still be out there. Probably getting extremely sick, and trying to find the car before I pass out. Or I'd just be walking around, still crying, still angry, without a care in the world what happened to me."

She looks me directly in the eyes, with a soft, but intense gaze. "You are my hero, Peter Parker."

My face heats up probably hotter than the Sahara Desert, and my face more red than Black Widow's hair. "(Y/n)..." I squeak.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door, both (Y/n) and I avert our attention to the sounds coming from the hallway.

"(Y/n)," My aunt may calls, "there's someone here to see you."

(Y/n) looks at me one last time, before hesitantly getting up and walking to the hall, with me following behind her.

We both freeze as we see Happy standing in the doorway beside aunt May.

"He's here to talk to you." Aunt May says. She turns to Happy, "aren't you Tony Stark's driver? How do you two know each other?"

"I'm, uh, a family friend." He says. "Her father asked me to speak with her."

"Oh," Aunt May looks at (Y/n), then back at Happy, "her father didn't come himself?"

"He was, uh, busy working." Happy says.

Both May and I look at (Y/n) and she looks at her feet. "Of course," she says, without looking up.

I want to hug her. Is that wrong? I kinda just want to wrap my arms around her and comfort her. Is that normal?

Sure. I'm her friend. That's what friends do. I've just never had a girl for a close friend, other than Michelle, but y'know...

"(Y/n), can I talk to you in the hall?" Happy asks.

"..." she remains silent, "I guess." She finally says.

Aunt May rubs her shoulder, and (Y/n) steps into the hall with Happy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Stark's P.O.V.)

I close the door behind me.

"(Y/n)," Happy starts, "your father would've liked to come here in person. In fact he almost did, without even caring about the consequences, except for the fact that it would put you in danger. That is the only thing that held him back, and he would like to call you, but you won't pick up the phone." He says.

"I put it on silent," I say in monotone, "I'm spending the night here."

"I'm aware, but he asked me to try to bring you home." He takes a step closer.

"Happy," I start, "I've grown up with you my whole life and you're like an uncle to me, but if you even try to physically move me I will blast your hand off." I show him my weapons bracelet.

"You would blast me?" He asks, not fully believing me. "You'd kill me?"

"I wouldn't kill you. It's just a stun gun, but it sure does sting."

We lock eyes.

He sighs, "I wasn't going to touch you."

"You aren't going to touch me." I correct with a firm glare.

"I am not going to touch you!"

"Damn right you ain't." I give a small smile.

He smiles back, "look, (Y/n), your father is worried sick. He feels awful."

"....me too." I look down, "but, Happy, I think we both just need some breathing room. We've never really been apart before, and we're both just really tense. We need some time."

"He wants you home."

".....I-I'm not ready. I need time away."

He sighs, "he figured you might say that." He hands me a small backpack. "Here are some clothes for tomorrow." He smiles.

I force a smile back, "thank you Happy." I hesitate, then I hug him, "I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." He turns and starts to walk away.

My eyes widen, "Happy! Wait!"

He turns, "yeah?"

"...I'm gonna be in so much trouble," I mumble, "but I kinda sorta maybe.... borrowed one of dad's cars..."

"...He knows." Happy states.

"What?"

"He was able to track the car to Queens, but that was it. He's glad Peter found you." Happy says.

"....he's going to kill me." 

"Nah," Happy smiles, "I think he's more concerned on whether or not you're okay."

"Tell him...tell him I'm okay." I mutter.

"I will. Have a good night, (Y/n)." He walks down the hall as I watch him.

"Goodnight, Happy." I walk back inside Peter's apartment. Not my home, but maybe one of the most comfortable places I've ever been in.

My Safe Place.