Something Wicked

I woke up from my nap to an argument. I refrained from groaning, "Well I'm telling you I looked and all I could find was a big steamy pile of nothing. If Dad's sending us hunting for something I don't know what," I heard Sam snap as I sat up. "Well maybe he's going to meet us there," Dean excused, who was meeting us where? "Yeah. Cause he's been so easy to find up to this point," Sam muttered, Dean sent him a look, "You're a real smart ass you know that?.... Don't worry I'm sure there's something in Fitchburg worth killing." Dean assured, I grabbed Sylvester off of the floor and put him onto the seat beside me. "Yeah? What makes you so sure?" Sam snipped again. "'Cause I'm the oldest, which means I'm always right." Why was that always Dean's go-to remark? "No it doesn't," Sam sent him a glare. Dean had a smirk on his face, "It totally does." Dean looked at Sam with the smirk still on his face as we drove past the town's sign. "Dean?" I asked, scooting up so my elbows were on the console. "What did I sleep through?" Dean gave a small laugh, "Just Sam acting like a girl," Dean told me, laughing at the look Sam sent him.

Dean went inside a diner while Sam let me go play in the little park across the street. I played around on a swing until I saw Dean come back out holding three cups. Sam waved me back, so I went back to play on the swing. There was only one other kid actually playing at the park, a little girl. She was climbing some yellow thing. Dean walked over carrying his, and I assumed my drink. He stopped by the woman sitting on a bench first, "Sure is quiet out here," I heard Dean comment, it seemed to startle the woman away from her magazine. "Yeah, it's a shame," she responded, looking up at Dean. I hopped off of the swing, I wanted my hot chocolate. "Why's that?" Dean asked as I stopped next to him, he handed me my cup of hot chocolate. "You know, kids getting sick, it's a terrible thing," the woman informed us sadly, glancing at the little girl. "How many?" Dean asked as I sipped on my hot chocolate for a bit. "Just five or six but serious, hospital serious. A lot of parents are getting pretty anxious. They think it's catching," she told us before focusing her attention on the little girl. She was still slowly making her way to the top of the yellow thing. Dean wrapped an arm around my shoulders, "We're gonna go eat soon," Dean informed me after a few seconds, picking me up. I was careful not to spill my hot chocolate as he walked back to the car, Sam was still leaning against the roof.

When we went to eat, we went to a different diner a few minutes away. There was barely anyone in there too, only two other tables had people sitting in them, the waitress looked a bit relieved when she saw us. "Three?" she asked, grabbing three menus, Dean nodded his head and she showed us to a table. "What can I get you to drink?" Dean pointed to himself, "Beer," and then pointed at Sam and I, "Water." She wrote it down with a smile before going in the back. "So after we drop you off," Dean pointed at me, "We're going to the hospital?" Dean directed the last part at Sam, who nodded his head. "Gotta start somewhere," Sam said as he picked up his menu. Dean did the same. Sam and Dean were talking quietly behind their menus, probably about the case. I decided to get a chicken salad, I wanted to know why Sam always ate them. The woman came back and put our drinks in front of us, "Do you need a few more minutes or are you ready to order?" Dean looked up at her from the menu, "I think so, I'll take a burger with extra onions," he ordered before looking at Sam. "Chicken salad with Italian dressing please," Sam ordered as he and Dean handed her the menus. She wrote down both orders before pointing at me, I pointed at Sam. "You want what he's getting?" I nodded my head as she started to write it down, I could feel Dean staring at me. "Sam what did you do to her?" he demanded. Sam rolled his eyes as the waitress walked off.

After we ate, Sam and Dean went inside of the motel lobby, I trailed after them. There was a little boy behind the counter, "A king or two queens?" the boy asked. Dean shot Sam a confused look, "Two queens," Dean answered. The boy sniggered under his breath, "Yeah I'll bet," he muttered. "What'd you say?" Dean asked, using his adult voice. The boy covered it with a grin, "Nice car!" A woman, I assumed his mother, walked in the room, giving Sam, Dean and I a smile. "Hi," she greeted as she moved to stand behind her son. "Hi," Dean returned. "Checking in?" she asked, Dean nodded, "Yeah." She looked down at the boy, "Ahh, do me a favor, go get your brother some dinner," she requested. "I'm helping a guest!" the boy defended, not wanting to feed his brother. She sent him a glare, causing him to make a face as he walked off. "Two queens," I couldn't see him now that he'd taken a few steps back, but I was sure he was sneering. Dean gave a fake laugh, "Funny kid," Dean commented. "Oh, yeah? He thinks so. Will that be cash or credit?" she asked as she took over the counter. "You take MasterCard?" Dean asked as he took his wallet out of his pocket, she nodded, "Perfect. Here you go." Dean handed her the card. Dean seemed to space out after that, I looked up at him with my head tilted, "Sir?" the woman asked, she'd been holding out the card for a few moments. Dean seemed to snap out of it, "Thanks." He took the card and put it back into his wallet as Sam was handed the room key.