Chapter 10

"That was epic!" I giggled excitedly. The young kid that was hidden deep within me was coming out, she was going crazy and wild with excitement. She was definitely ready to do it again. The adrenaline was finally leaving me but I wanted the feeling to never disappear. "We should go again!"

"I have to get to class though." Kyle laughed lightly while he hopped off the bike. His words were muffled by the helmet on his head so he pulled it off, when it was off he winked at me. Pouting I slid further back on the seat and patted it with my hand. I slid the visor on the helmet up and smiled at him.

"Come on, please?" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and pout in hopes of getting him to take me on another ride. "Just one more time?"

He grinned at me showing off his dimples. He laughed his cute laugh making my pout turn into a small smile. "Fine but this is the last time because you said one more time the last five times."

Grinning up at him I lightly laughed at the boyish grin he had on his angelic face. He slid the visor on the helmet he had bought me stating he would never forgive himself if something happened to me down. How he knew I would agree to go on a ride with him was beyond me. Me actually agreeing surprised myself not only him. He threw his leg over the bike and placed his helmet back on his head.

He grabbed my thighs on either side and slid my body flush against his back, the small feeling in my stomach was weird but I loved how he was caring towards me. He revved the bike to life with little effort and I got to feel the excitement build within me. He took my arms and wrapped them around his torso as he shouted over the engine. "Hold on tight."

That's exactly what I did.

As he took off down the street I felt someone staring at me, I turned my head and got a glimpse of Xavier before we sped down the street farther and farther away from East Shore college and towards the town. I never thought I would be this wild, I know riding a motorcycle wasn't as wild as drinking the night away or sleeping with a stranger but this was wild enough for me.

The adrenaline rush I got from the ride was amazing, I finally felt like I was living a little. My arms loosened slightly around him and I raised one arm in the air not fully trusting my balance to keep me steady on the bike without one arm supporting me. I shouted with excitement. I loved how the wind blew my hair everywhere even with the helmet I felt the wind around me blowing my hair everywhere.

When we got back to the college I was still filled with excitement and when he killed the engine I felt like asking to go again but bit my tongue not wanting him to be late for his class.

He slid off the bike and took his helmet off, he shook his head and that's when I took the time to admire him. He had beautiful brown eyes, they looked like light chocolate and his smile was one of the only ones that caught my attention.  He had dimples that made my heart skip a beat.

"Here let me help you get off," he paused and stared at me with a small smile. He pulled the helmet off my head and moved a strand of my hair behind my ear. He smirked down at me suddenly.  "Because I know you're kind of short and not able to get off easily."

My mouth opened and closed, then it transformed into a small smirk of its own. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me with ease, how? I don't know. He gently placed my feet on the ground but didn't release the hold he had on my waist. When he finally released me I was flushed bright pink.

"Thank you for coming for multiple rides with me Avery."

"Thank you for taking me on those rides Kyle. Oh and call me Ave, only important people can." I winked at him. I don't know why I always flirted with him but it felt right. Like he wouldn't judge me for me being myself.

"Well, I got to get to class because this hot chick with a nice ass kept asking for a ride." He winked at me again and I finally got the double reference hidden in his words. Oh boy. Giggling I shook my head at him.

He turned to leave and I stood there smiling like an idiot. I felt bad for not saying anything else, I didn't even know how to express my gratitude to him because he was a part of the reason I am starting to let loose and live a little. Running towards him I tapped on his shoulder as he turned around I got on my tippy-toes and kissed him gently.

I only meant to kiss him on the cheek but my plan didn't turn out how I wanted it too but it turned out to be much better then I expected. I backed away slightly with pink tinted cheeks and a nervous chuckle.

"I'm sor-"

His arms wrapped around my waist as he pulled me to him. Bringing his head down his lips found mine. I wish I could have said I didn't enjoy it but I couldn't. He tasted like peppermint and I loved it. I only knew him for two weeks but wow did he have an effect on me. As he released me I stared up at him with a shy smile. What do you do when you kiss a guy you didn't mean to kiss and then actually turns out you liked it?

I had no idea. He grinned showing off his dimples and then kissed my cheek. "I really got to get to class now though. See you tonight?"

"Yeah..."

As he walked away from me that's when I felt the all to familiar stare. As I turned to look at Xavier's face he was glaring at me.

Ever since I slapped him across the face on the football field he kept staring at me or glaring it depended on what I was doing. Shrugging my shoulders I spun around and walked in the direction of my dorm. As I walked to my dorm I thought of how I came across agreeing to go for a ride with Kyle.

As I walked to my dorm three days after the football game Kyle came crashing into me, literally. He was throwing a football with his friends when he tripped and crashed into me. As we fell he was going to crush me when suddenly he turned us taking a few scrapings from the concrete. I felt terrible for the whole situation so when he asked me to meet him for a coffee I agreed with a shield over my heart and I was prepared for embarrassment but it never did.

"Come to get coffee with me?"

"I don't know."

"I just saved you." That's when I agreed.

"Okay."

Just never realized I would trust him enough to get on a motorcycle with him and actually enjoy myself.

Snapping out of my little day dream because of the warm hand that clamped over my wrist, I slowly looked up to me an angry looking Xavier.

"Stay the hell away from Kyle." His voice held so much venom I was definitely slightly intimidated but like hell I was going to show him how his venomous words got to me.

"Stay away from me. You have no say in who I can and can't be near." I was angry, he thought he had a say in anything I do. He made my first night of college a living hell and I wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.

"Do what I say Avery." He snapped at me. Turning suddenly he stormed across the yard and towards the football field.