Sick Days

(so many of you guys wanted me to do one with Neil and Nevia and Neav, so here you go)

It was morning, and the sun rays disturbed Neil. He looked over to see his beautiful wife smiling away like a kid, while clutching his arm like a teddy bear. Neil admired his wife for a little while then moved forward to give him a peck on the forehead. But as soon as his lips touched her forehead, he withdrew his lips and felt her forehead.  It was hot as a hell. "Avni" he said, cupping her face, "You are burning up". "Neil" she whined, "I just want to sleep" she pouted.  "Avni, you need to rest all day! Get up and brush your teeth, I will bring you food", he said, getting her up.  Avni felt weak and staggered to the bathroom, while Neil left the room. He went to go check up on his 3 year old twins, Neav and Nevia in their room. He went to the crib and saw Nevia getting up while Neav while was sleeping peacefully. He mentally smiled. "My Nevia is just like me, always early while Neav is like my ajooba" he thought. He picked up Nevia, and cuddled with her, then heading to the kitchen with her. In the house was just Avni and the kids. Prakash was gone to a business meeting with Shweta, and Bebe was out visiting Maddy and Kareena. Neela Maa was out of town for NGO work, so Neil couldn't even send the kids to her. "Neil babu, it seems like you have to take care of wifey and the kids! Dear God, please help me!" he pleaded, while looking up.  He then placed Nevia, in her high chair and gave her some fruit while he started to make some poha for Avni. After making poha, he strapped Nevia to his chest and went ahead to give the poha to Avni. When he entered the room, Avni was heading out the door. "Arreh Neil, what was the need for this, I could have gone down" Avni croaked, as her voice was dry and cracking. "Areh my wifey, you are such as tube light!" Avni pouted. Neil chuckled and motioned her to the bed. "You are sick and you will stay in bed only!" he commanded,  feeding her poha. Avni whimpered, crossing her arms, "What about Nevia and Neav?" she asked. "What about them? When Neil Khanna, then do not fear" he exclaimed, high fiving Nevia. Avni rolled her eyes and exclaimed, "Oh hello, do not repeat Bebe's dialogue", Neil smiled sheepishly. "Now finish the Poha, I am gonna check on Neav.", with that he headed out the door with Nevia.  He went to go check on Neav, who had a frown on his face. He picked up Neav and realized he had a fever as well. Neil started panicking and quickly put Nevia on her playmate and picked up Neav, checking his fever. After checking a fever of 103 degrees, he quickly changed him up and gave him a sponge bath, hoping to lessen his fever. He then quickly fed him some fruit and gave him some medicines. He denied to put her with Avni as they were both sick. He placed Neav along Avni and waked up Avni who was sleeping. Avni woke up with Neav kicking his feet to her. "Areh, my junior super cop? What are you doing here?". "Woh Avni, Neav also had a fever so I thought to place him with you since you were both sick". "Kya??? Neav is also sick! Why didn't you tell me?" Avni started panicking. "Ms. Ajooba, just relax. I gave him a sponge bath and gave him some medicines. Speaking of Medicines, its you turn for medicines". "No Neil, please, I don't like medicines. You know that." She shook her head like a child. "Avni, stop acting like a kid. You need to take medicines and now quietly open your mouth and take these medicines".  She still kept shaking her head. "Ok I will you what. I will give you a chocolate if you eat medicines". Avni smiled and happily obliged. "What an ajooba! She acts so tough on the outside but is like a child on the inside" he thought. "I love you my wifey", he thought. After the medicines, Neil then tucked Neav and Avni into a blanket and gave both of them a peck on the foreheads. He then headed to Nevia, who was crying. "Areh, my junior lady don. What happened?" he cooed, carrying her. Nevia stopped crying as she felt solace in his arms. Neil smiled and put her down, playing with her. He played with some toys and made her laugh. He then again went down to prepare lunch for him and Nevia, while preparing some soup for Avni and Neav. "Nevia, my darling what would you like" Neil asked, putting her down on the counter. "Um, Poha?". "Nevia, you know how many times I have told you, Poha is just for breakfast". "But Mumma eats Poha all the time". "You know your mumma is crazy", he said. Nevia then just laughed, looking behind Neil. "Nevia, what are you looking at?". He then turned around to a sight he didn't want to see. Avni was standing, holding Neav, having an angry look at her. Her eyes was glaring while her nose and cheeks turned red like a tomato. Her nostrils started flaring. "I am crazy huh?" she asked. "No Avni... I didn't mean it like that" he stammered, scared of his wifey's avatar. "Just you wait" she cried. She then put Neav and Nevia down on the high chair and tied her hair, getting flour. "Wifey, what are you doing?". "I am making aloo paratha for us and some soup". "Just sit and I will do it. Please?". Avni complied and started entertaining Nevia and Neav, bouncing them on her lap and making them laugh. When Neil was finished making lunch, he saw the love of his life laughing with an angelic voice with the two gems of his life. His eyes teared at the sight. After lunch, he gave Neav a bath and put him to sleep with Avni while he decided to give Nevia a bath then. Nevia however decided that she did not want to take a bath. She started running around the house running away from Neil. "Nevia come back here sweetie. You need to take a bath!" he exclaimed. "No papa, I do not want a bath". "Oh god, I never ran this much after criminals as much as I run after this little butterball". He finally caught Nevia and carried to the bath. After giving her a bath, he put her to sleep and decided to check on Avni and Neav. He checked the fever of both of them and thankfully, Neav's fever was gone.  He saw Neav waking him up, so he decided to play with him on the playmate. The two started playing and after an hour, Nevia joined them. The three started playing with the toys while the kids climbed all over Neil. Avni then walked in and fell in love with the sight infront of her. Though she was annoyed with Neil before about the crazy remark, she fell in love with him at this sight. He was the perfect father and perfect husband. She then joined them and the three started to play a tickling game where they tickled each other away. Nevia and Neav then started to feel droopy as Neav was not fully better. They then started reading a story to them, making them fall asleep. They both give their kids kisses and left the room. Avni's head was on Neil's shoulder while he intertwined his hands with her fingers. "Neil thank you! I know you are tired after taking care of the kids". "Tell me about it! Nevia runs so much. I wonder how you run so much and still remain like this". Avni then raised her head from his shoulder and slapped him on his arm. "Haw, you think I am fat. Now I will show you" and then she started throwing pillows at him. They started a pillow fight. Neil eventually, caught Avni's arm and pinned her to the bed. (aankhon mein teri, ajab se, started playing in the bg." . "Avni, I love you and I will always love you. I only tease you because I want to see you in this avatar. I love seeing you in different avatar but my favourite one is your mother one. The way you show motherly love to our kids, makes me fall in love with you again." "I love you too Neil" and with that she gave him a soft kiss which he reciprocated. They then went to sleep. "I love you my wifey" and he then gave her a peck on the forehead while she just snuggled into his chest.