Chapter Fourteen

Irisa
Memories.
They hit me like nothing I've ever experienced before.
Harder than the few memories I'd gotten of Damon and Rhiannon.
Memories of everything. The moment that I entered the trance, it began. I wasn't in my own body. I was somewhere else. They called it the Other Side. A place where supernatural creatures go when they die. But... I wan't dead. I was just a visitor. I was locked up tightly in a chambre de chasse. Stuck there so I could relive my last life as Rhiannon Drake, and my life before that as Lucia Soria Drake. I might be different now, but they were both me.
The chances that I'd meet Damon and Levi in two lives was a rarity. Almost an impossibility. But, I'd met Levi not twice. But three times. I'd almost met him as Lucia. He just hadn't known it. It was when I was only 4 years old. Of course, at that age, many children look the same.
But just knowing that I actually had been Rhiannon, and experiencing everything that she-I- went through with Damon and Katherine and Levi and dying and...everything, even childbirth, it's overwhelming.
After calling my father to let him know I'm alright, I walk over to the edge of Levi's house, and stand at the doorway.
"Irisa, I was on the title as well." Levi walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You can easily walk through the doorway, vampire or not."
"I need-" I stop, unsure what it is I need. "I'm hungry." I turn around in his arms. "Can't we get something to eat first?"
"Darling, it's not food you want." Levi looks me in the eyes, gently stroking my cheek. "I have something inside for you." I nod, looking up at him. Levi kisses my forehead, and leads me inside. In the kitchen, he gets in the freezer, and pulls out a blood bag.
"Um-" I stop, shaking my head.
"Irisa, you have to feed." Levi tells me. "You don't get a choice now. I'm not losing you after all of this."
"Levi, there's something I need to tell you." I whisper, tears filling my eyes. "You're not gong to be happy with me when I tell you this..."
Levi sets down the blood bag, and walks over to me. "Hey, it's okay. your emotions are just a little bit out of control right now because your emotions are heightened when you first become a vampire, Irisa. I can handle anything you have to tell me. I promise, nothing you have to say can be that bad." He kisses my forehead, and grabs the blood bag before leading me to the couch. "Now, tell me what's going on."
I sigh, wiping at my tears. "I was on the Other Side while I was in that trance. I was stuck in a chambre de chasse and I was reliving my memories, Levi." I tell him. He nods. "All of my memories." He frowns. "I'm... I was Rhiannon, and Lucia." I whisper, "And I even met you once when I was Lucia, but I was only four at the time, so I doubt you remember that. But, I remember everything, Levi. I remember the first you ever kissed me, and the first time we had sex. I remember when you had this ring made for me." I touch it as tears roll down my cheeks and Levi watches me in surprise. "I even remember betraying you for Damon and dying for him. But most of all, I remember, despite loving him, loving you until the moment of my last breath. It was like I relived it all, Levi. I was dying when Katherine brought you to me. She begged you to turn me. You refused, you said that she needed to do it, to learn."
"Stop." Levi closes his eyes, leaning his forehead against mine. "I know. I... I know." He whispers. "You remember it all. Just because you were Rhiannon doesn't mean you are still, Irisa. Past lives do not define who you are today. Honestly, I like you better now than I ever liked Rhiannon. I love you more than I could ever have loved her. I love you." He pulls me closer, and I sigh. "Ris, what else aren't you telling me?" Levi asks, looking me in the eyes. I look away, really not wanting to get into it with him right now. "Irisa?" Levi asks quietly. "What is it?"
"I seen it all, Levi. As if it was in slow motion, but on fast forward at the same time." I swallow hard, and Levi gently grabs my chin, forcing me to look him in the eyes.
"What do you mean?" Levi whispers.
I eye him carefully, and then whisper "I seen it all, I felt it all. I know what it felt like, loving you before That only makes me love you and ache for you more."
"You're talking about sex." Levi says, raising an eyebrow, and I nod. Levi sighs, gently pushing my hair out of my face. "Irisa, that was a lifetime ago. This is a brand new lifetime, and trust me, once you drink this-" He lifts the blood bag and whispers, "You'll have an infinite amount of time to live and have that new lifetime."
"With you?" I whisper, and Levi smiles, bringing his face close to mine.
"If that's what you want." He whispers, and I lean in closer, but Levi moves the blood bag between us. "Darling, drink, and you can have me, plus everything that comes with being whatever it is you've become." His fingers stroke my hair, willing me to drink, and I nod, taking the bag from him.
I rip it open with my teeth, guzzling it down. It takes much different than Damon's blood had in the cemetery, and I swallow it so quickly that it's gone in mere seconds. I start panting and I look at Levi. He nods, setting me down. He rushes to the kitchen and is back in less than a minute, two more bags in hand, which I rip from his hands quickly and begin to guzzle as well. I gasp as the blood pours down my throat, and Levi strokes my back gently, trying to get me to relax. After the third bag, I begin to relax, and I sigh. I set it down, and Levi wraps his arms around me.
"So this is really happening." I whisper.
"Try not to think of it as the worst case scenario." Levi says, looking down at me. "I know I said I didn't want this for you, but I'm not sorry you're still here, Irisa. I don't want to lose you, ever."
"Can we maybe make this day and night into something a little less sinister, Levi?" I whisper. "Instead of just the anniversary of my death?"
His eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What could change that?" He asks, and I lean forwards to kiss him, but my new found fangs scrape against his lips. "Irisa-" He pulls back, surprised. Realization dawns on him when he sees the look on my face. "We don't have to do this tonight, Irisa. We have forever." Levi gently touches my cheek, and I shake my head. "You really have your mind set on this don't you?" Levi asks me.
I nod. "Seeing and feeling it as a memory doesn't make up for the real thing. I just want to feel it in this body. With you." I whisper.
"Irisa, you're so young." Levi murmurs, pressing his forehead to mine.
"And I'm no longer getting any older." I lightly kiss him, working the buttons on his shirt nimbly with my fingers. "As you said, all we have is time."
"Rissss." Levi draws it out as I trail my teeth over his neck.
"Shh. Less talk, more love." I murmur, pulling off his shirt. He seems to agree, because the next minute, I'm in his arms and we're in his room upstairs, laying in his bed. His lips begin to kiss my belly when his hands push my shirt out of the way, and I let out an excited giggle, only to have him silence me with a quick kiss and then goes back to kissing my body. By the time my shirt and pants are off, I'm staring at Levi, slightly nervous. Would he actually love my body this way? Knowing I'm so young and I don't look exactly like Rhiannon had? Or like I had when I was Rhiannon? But-
"You're so beautiful." Levi whispers, looking up at me. "Ris, we don't have to do this tonight. Like I told you before, we have time, and I'm in no rush. I don't want to rush you."
"You're not." I cup his face between my hands, smiling at him. "I love you."
"I love you too, Irisa Lockwood."
I slide my arms around his neck, curling closer to him as his lips meet mine.
------
Damon
Irisa isn't one to forgive and forget. She and Bonnie might not have been friends long, but something tells me that the two of them are closer than what meets the eye.
Stefan crosses his arms as he looks over at me. "I think you need to leave Mystic Falls, Damon. For good."
"Are you leaving?" I ask him.
"As soon as you leave, yes. I told Elena goodbye tonight. I told her I couldn't do this anymore." Stefan says. "Irisa has Levi. She doesn't need you around to show her how to be a killer, Damon, because we both know that's not who she is."
"That's who Rhiannon was." I whisper with a smile. "I'm not leaving. I can't get in that tomb, but the least I can do is stick around for Irisa."
"She doesn't need you, Damon!" Stefan shouts. "What part of you need to leave Mystic Falls, don't you get!? Because of you, Elena killed Irisa. Elena. My now ex girlfriend, the same girl who looks exactly like Katherine! Does this not seem like history repeating itself?"
"No, because it was father who killed Rhiannon." I remind him.
"Katherine was the one who sold her out." Stefan whispers, and my eyes widen. "Oh, you didn't know?" Stefan asks. "Guess darling Katherine didn't tell you everything. Elena thinks that parts of Rhiannon's memories were trapped in that ring of Irisa's and it's attracting both you and Levi. That's why she was trying to take it from Irisa. Honestly, I think that it's just the allure that whatever it is Irisa is that draws you both in. Just as it had done with Rhiannon."
"What exactly is Irisa?" I ask him.
"You'd have to ask Levi. He knows. He was going to tell Lexi. Then you killed her." Stefan shrugs. "But, if you're going to ask him, you better go. I want you out of town by sunset tomorrow, Damon. You're not wanted here."
"Never stopped me before." I mutter, and walk outside.
"Damon?" Stefan says.
"What?" I demand, turning around.
"If you ever hurt Bonnie or any of them girls again, Levi and I will let Irisa kill you, because that's what she was going to do tonight. She doesn't hold back, Damon. If you couldn't believe how strong she was before she died and went into transition, just wait until after Levi has gotten her to feed." Stefan says and I sigh, knowing he's right. "She's going to make one hell of a vampire, especially sired to Levi instead of you or Katherine. Goodnight, Damon." Stefan smiles, and I give him the finger before walking towards my car. I drive to the Lockwoods, and get out.
I knock on the front door, and the Mayor opens the door.
"Mr. Salvatore." The Mayor says.
"Sir. Is Irisa and Levi here?"
"Um no. Irisa and Levi are at his house. He said he's take care of her."
"I'll just bet he did. Thank you, Mayor." I smile at him.
"Damon." Tyler Lockwood's voice says, and I look into the house.
"Yes?"
"If you ever hurt my sister, I'll kill you myself." Tyler narrows his eyes.
"Tyler!" The Mayor says.
"Don't worry, kid. Your sister is going to be the one who is the death of me." I smile, and wave, then leave in my car, heading for the woods. When I get there, I go inside without knocking, only to hear giggling from upstairs.
I head towards the stairs, and when I reach the bedroom, I shove it open, only to find Levi and Irisa laying in bed together, Irisa hurriedly pulling the blankets over nude body, and Levi covering the lower half of his body with a blanket.
"Damon-" Irisa starts.
"Don't you know how to knock?" Levi demands.
"Yes, didn't realize I would need to." I look over at Irisa, and notice how flushed she is. "Well, I should have realized he'd take advantage of you the first chance he got."
"Hey, I didn-"
"Damon Salvatore-" Irisa starts, standing up from the bed, a blanket draped around her. Her eyes glow bright green-literally glow- and she walks over to me. "Levi did not take advantage of me, Damie."
"You-"She cuts me off.
"Damon, I remember... Everything." The look in her eyes makes it clear to me that by everything... she means literally everything. "Damon, you were right. I was Rhiannon. But I'm not anymore. I was also Lucia. Somehow, my soul gets reincarnated. Except when I die with vampire blood in my body. But, darling Damie... I... remember... everything." She breathes the words into my ear, sending a shiver down my spine, and I feel her fangs lightly scrape against my neck. "Don't make me great not killing you tonight, Damon. You know I love you, but even I stop being lenient after a while." She pulls back a bit, staring into my eyes. "If your intention was to go to my father and tell him I was raped, don't even think of it, darling. Because technically, you were the one who wanted to do that. You're still thinking about it, what it'd be like, if only you were strong enough, brave enough, worthy enough. If you want me, I'm all yours. But you need to prove to me you're worthy of me, Damon. Thus far, you've only killed for me, killed someone who could have told me more of my past life, hurt a young witch who wasn't at fault tonight, and hurt me. You've got a ways to go to prove your worthy of my body or my love." She turns around, and I grab her hand. "Damon." She looks back at me.
"You remember?" I ask as tears fill my eyes.
"Yes, Damon. I betrayed Levi for you. I died for you. Where did it get me except the same place, being fought over by the same two men?" Irisa asks.
"You did feed, right?" I whisper, and I look at Levi for confirmation.
"Yes, she did." Levi says.
I pull Irisa into my arms, despite her sound of protest, and I remember then what happened and why she is protesting. I glance down, noticing the way the blanket had begun to slip from around her body. "I wish you wouldn't have." I whisper, and Irisa sighs.
"Damon-"
"I love y-" I start.
"Stop." Irisa says, shoving me off of her. "I'm naked for christ sakes." She walks over to her heap of clothing on the floor, turning her back to me and she begins to dress. All I see is a small portion of her back, and her birthmark on her shoulder.
"Is that part of what you are?" I ask her, and Levi sighs.
"It is, and we're not explaining it." Levi tells me, and I narrow my eyes.
"Damon." Irisa says, pulling her shirt on as she turns to face me. I meet her gaze and she says, "When the time is right, I'll tell you. So far, I'm keeping everything under control, but if you don't stop pushing me and I get out of control, and something happens, I'll make sure I throw you under the bus with me."
"Fair enough."I nod.
"I really will. Especially if you hurt Bonnie again."
"What's with you and Bonnie anyways?" I ask her.
"She's my friend, Damon. I'm sorry about Katherine, but she wasn't worth it. Believe me." Irisa says. "She was nothing but trouble." I shake my head and Irisa walks over to me. "Damie, please. I'd like it if we could get along."
"I'll go get some more blood bags out." Levi says.
"Can you heat them a bit?" Irisa asks him, and he nods. "Make it more than three this time. I feel like I'm dying. I need some right away."
Levi smiles, pulling on some clothes, and he walks over, kisses her forehead, gives me a look and leaves the room.
"How much blood have you drank?" I give her a look.
"Three blood bags." She says, shrugging. "But I'm starving again.You wouldn't believe the appetite sex gives...you." She stops, and looks away. "Sorry, that was insensitive."
"I love you." I repeat quietly. "Insensitive or not, you being alive is a much better feeling than I thought it could ever be."
"Damie-" Irisa says, reaching up to touch my cheek. "I'm sorry I hurt you by being with him. It doesn't change the fact that we have history." She looks up at me and I can't help but lean down and lightly kiss her on the lips. Irisa gasps, and I lightly touch my tongue to hers. Her arm wraps around my neck, pulling me closer, and I feel hr fangs scrape my tongue, drawing blood. I kiss her back, gently pressing her against the wall. When she realizes what's happening, she pulls back bit, and puts up her hand. "I can't, Damon. I can't, not when I'm with Levi." She whispers.
I nod, and she backs away from me, her lips stained in my blood. She rushes downstairs, and I follow, only to have Levi slam me against the wall.
"Why are you bleeding and why is it on her?" He demands.
"We were kissing." I whisper, and Irisa's heart skips a beat. "Her fangs scraped my tongue. Look, I'm sorry, Levi. I'm going. I'll see you soon, Irisa."
With that, I leave quickly, and I hear him asking Irisa, "What the hell was that, Irisa?"
-----