(Undercover)

“So what do you prefer margarine or butter?” Callum asks me as he takes a bite out of the pizza we ordered.

“Um….I’d have to say margarine I mean I grew up with it so yeah” I tell him. He gives me a smile and nods his head. I ended up persuading Callum to stay and eat something before he left, and obviously the outcome was he stayed. Leo called me just a few minutes ago and said he was going to be held up in the office for a big longer. Poor him, first day here and look how long he has to stay for.

“So what did you get a degree in anyway?” Callum said.

“I got a degree in English” I reply back. He looked at me with a confused face and leans forward on the table.

“Then how did you end up getting a job in a business?” 

“Well, I was planning on teaching English in Italy but none of the schools were taking me on so I saw an ad that Leo needed a new employee so I went, I told him in the interview there was no chance of me getting the job because I don’t have the qualifications he needed but Leo ended up giving me a chance and I do not regret walking into that building” Callum clapped his hands for me which I laughed at.

“But you’re obviously smart so why not”

“Yeah I guess. Ok, do you want wine, beer or just a fizzy drink?” I ask him as I get up from the chair with my now empty plate in my hand. Callum pushes his plate towards me which I take in my hands as he gets up from his chair as well.

“A beer will be good” He tells me as he walks past me to go into the living room. I look at him walk away. Imagine kissing him, t-. What am I thinking about? I can’t kiss him! I can’t even think about kissing him! No, no, I’m such a slut! In the morning I’m crying over my ex-boyfriend and here I’m craving for another man. I need to sort myself out. Running a hand through my hair I put the plates in the sink and walk towards the fridge to get out a beer for Callum. Taking it out, I walk back inside to see Callum sitting on the sofa texting away on his phone. He immediately looked up and put his phone away.

“Here is your beer” Giving it to him I plop down on the sofa next to him and just stare into space as I hear him gulping it down.

“Aren’t you going to have any?” Looking at him he motions the beer towards me which I decline with a shake of head straight away. “Let me guess, you’ve never drank before in your life and aren’t planning on to” He said looking at me with raised eyebrows. Can he read my mind or something?

“You know it’s funny how I don’t say anything yet you still know what I’m going to say”

“I can read people. I know what their intentions are and what they want to do or what they are going to do” He says softly.

“Really?” I ask him amusedly.

 “Yes Miss Lily, really”

“Ok then. Mr I-can-read-you, tell me what you can read about me” Callum smiled at me and handed over the beer bottle for me to hold. He got up from the sofa which made me think about what he was going to do.

“Stand up April” He said without looking at me.

“Why?” I ask confused.

“Do you want me to tell you or not?” Quickly standing up from the sofa I stand behind his back as I wait for him to turn around or just wait for something magical to happen.

“You. You’re a different one” He said in a low voice. He finally turned his head around and locked eyes with me. I wanted to look away because the look he was giving me made me feel a bit uncomfortable but I just couldn’t. “You hate happy endings….you prefer old than new…..and you’re waiting for someone” He said. No thoughts could be processed through my mind as I just look at him; it seems a bit interesting hearing your life from someone else’s mouth. Leo took a step away from me and began walking around the room. The feeling of déjà vu was clearly here, the time from when we were in the lift, that’s what it felt like. The atmosphere just screamed tense! “You’re unhappy with your life and you don’t try to show it as much but you try to get that through people’s minds” His voice could be heard from behind me as I could hear the sound of his shoes clicking and clacking on the floorboards. “April, you just want to have someone with you…” His voice seemed to drag on as he said that as well as his footsteps seemingly coming closer towards me. “You just want” A gasp leaves my mouth as I feel Callum encircling his arms around my waist. My heart beat was out of control, it seemed to jump up and down like it kept getting electrocuted. His scent, his scent was even overpowering than it was before making me want to melt in his arms however I was as stiff as a board. “You just want that love from one person which you can’t seem to get” His voice breathed into my ear making his voice making it sound husky and deep. “You just haven’t found that yet” He finally breathed out. I felt like I was about to melt and the beer bottle I was holding would fall down any second but it’s like Callum read my mind again and took the bottle out of my shaky hand easily.