The Beginning

Dr. Stephen Page neurologists studying chemicals and the effects they had on the human brain. But he didn't assume that mixing acid with a rat contains one of the most deadly diseases known to mankind. Of course, it was never his intention to cause this catastrophe. This whole thing was just a complete accident. Right? Well ,who's to know since Dr. Page himself in now a brain-dead, brain craving zombie himself. Sadly our only way to a cure of the zombies in the hospital. Which, amazingly, was overrun by zombies. Clearly, this sounds like every single zombie story you've heard. But this story is a bit different at least. This story is about real life. The good guys do lose, people we love will die, and the bad guys could win. Going on if and could suck. I know how it feels since I myself have been on your side of the book, screen, or audio recording. However your reading or listening to this I hope your enjoying better than I am. On this side.
So here's the beginning of the story.

RINGGGGGG!!!!!! Summer break of 11th grade. Only one more year of hell then. I'm shipped off to college. LIFE SO FUCKING AMAZING ISN'T IT. I toss my entire backpack into a trash can not giving a single fuck and walk to the front of the school. My friend Violet, her nickname based on her infamous Violet hair, was making out with her boyfriend. "Jesus. YOU GUESS NEED JESUS," I screamed jokingly.

"Jealous Tess?" Vi asked between a kiss.

"No. I very much prefer my tongue in my own mouth. It's much more enjoyable," I laughed.

Her boyfriend, Tony or Frank, probably a Bob for all knew. I never engaged in any of her romances since they never lasted. I start walking my normal route before seeing Alec Sam Page. Son of a filthy rich neurologist Dad. Single dad with a mom who died when he was 13. He was the the the star of the baseball team. He wasn't sturdy, but there were definite abs. He was 6' 2", close to straight jaw line, freckles around his nose and under his eyes, very dark brown hair that he didn't take much time to style, mocha brown eyes that always seemed to have dark circles under them. His smile was perfectly straight due to braces in 8th grade. Totally popular.

Oh my god. I'm not obsessed I found his Wikipedia page, Jesus. Just kidding I found his Instagram. That I stalked. I stared for a while before Vi and Billy decide they should get a room at his house or something. Vi playfully punched my shoulder. "Dream on kiddo, a guy like that probably doesn't know you exist."

"That's for that moral support," I replied sarcastically.

"Anytime," she smiled.

Violet is completely reckless and rebellious. She ends up in the principal's office every week at least. Her parents are always at work and mine don't approve. But she's my best friend. She's a total play who's probably had her tongue in ever guys mouth at school. Trust me she couldn't have passed Science or history. I never bother learner her boyfriend's names since they would be gone soon. The only guy she hasn't made out with was Alec. Innocent Alec.

I don't want anyone to harm him. Because I would personally karate chop their ass. We walk home and  I Add into the conversation when needed, but they were in there own bubble. In was disgusting. They were looking all cute and lovey-dovey. Joe's arm was around Vi and she was holding his hand. I heard whisper and such that consisted of "whore" "slut" or "number 657".

Once we split up. It was empty streets I had to walk alone. My mom hated that I walked a block alone, and my dad gave me pepper spray for a bad occasion. But I've walked the route a billion times. I hummed a time and went on my merry way home to summer. This time was a bit different though. A voice yelled, "Hey you dropped your pepper spray?"

Shit, he's calling me. Where my first thoughts. I shyly turn around and look at the mystery man who apparently wasn't alone. He was with Jackson Jones, JJ, and Jeffrey Gram. But the guy in the middle with my pepper spray who seemed to be trying to rush was, Alec Page. I nearly faint. I stand in fright until he says, "You gonna make me walk all the way over to you?"

"I know for a fact Jeffrey lives a few houses up, so don't get your boxers in a twist over catching up," I replied sassily.

Alec looked at Jeffrey and he nodded in a way saying, "she right dude."

I wait for them in my spot and Alec said,"Mom?"

"Close. Overprotective dad. Scared someone was gonna rape me if I walked a block alone. But he doesn't listen if I say I'm too ugly to be raped," I say with a shrug.

Alec rose an eyebrow. He handed over the pepper spray and said,"you underestimated yourself."

"Or you overestimate me. Either way, my parents will think I was "fooling around" if I'm gone too long after school," I put my pepper spray in my pocket and walk down my steps.

"We'll see you at school," he waved.

"In two months." I reminded as I opened the door.

I walked inside without another word. I practically screech. ALEC PAGE TALKED TO ME. I had to text Violet about this. Before so my parents greeted me as I ran upstairs. I flop onto my bed and my phone goes ding. Twice.

Unknown: Hey.
Unknown: I never got your name.
Me: who is this again.
Unknown: We just met 5 minutes ago
Me: I think you'll have to refresh my memory.
Unknown: I've put you in my phone as "pepper spray girl"
Me: sureeeeeee. My names Tessa, but I'm confused by why you needed my number.
Unknown: it's not every day a pretty girl drops her pepper spray with her number on it.
Me: was this some kinda dare or bet?
Unknown: No it's nothing like that
Me: okay whatever you say.

I changed the username to a constapated gorilla. Not knowing which of the three it was. I call Violet and tell her everything. She tried to convince me Alec was the one who texted me but I didn't believe her.

I knocked out at 3 and woke up at 5:40 to an unpleasant surprise. The house was shaking and all plates were falling breaking downstairs

I rush downstairs because I don't wanna die. I sprinted outside and Mom and Dad were right behind me. Unlike usual earthquakes where they end in a minute or so and were kinda gentle. This one broke a barrier or something because it caved right in. So did all of the other house on the street. Mom and Dad wrapped me in a beat hug thanking god we were still alive. I feel my back pocket, my charger that I surprising had on me. Then I had my phone and pepper spray. Over my shoulder, I saw family's hugging. But Alec and Jackson stood around awkwardly. Out of place. Everyone's house in the neighborhood seemed to have just caved in and everyone was stuck with a mess of a house. Once mom and Dad let me breathe again they told me not to wander too far. They walked around the block asking if everyone was okay and whether anyone needed any help. I stand near the house and watch the sunrise. "Crazy night?" a voice behind me asked.

I slightly flinch, "Apparently."

"I called my dad like 10 times and he hasn't answered," Alec said and stood next to me.

"He should be fine. You probably have a sturdy house," I star at the sun even after my eyes slightly start to burn.

I look down at my feet for a long time just thinking about what had happened. Sure we had insurance, but that wouldn't cover everything in the house. A tear slid down my cheek and I quickly whipped it away. "Hey, you okay?" Alec asked.

"I'm fine," I lied.

"Tessa-" he started to say but I cut him off.

"I said I'm fine," I snapped.

"Okay," he mumbled and walked away.

Little did I know that this was the beginning of the end.

*************

Guess this is where I ask for rates and comments. Thanks for reading.