93| the trials

Asanda | Colton

●●●●●●●●●●
4:23pm

"Can you believe it?! Can you? Can you? Can YOU?!"

"Can I believe what? Babe, what are you talking about? What got you so happy?"

"THE TRIALS!!"

"What trails?"

"No! Not trails! Trials!"

"Trials?. . . What do you mean by--Oh"

"YES YES YES!"

"Judging by your tone it has to be good..."

"ITS FANTASTIC!"

"Spit it out then princess."

"SoIwenttothetrialsforJamiescaseandtheymanagedtoscoreitearlyandso---"

"Whoa whoa... slow down. Take a deep breath in."

". . ."

"That's it and exhale it out again. . ."

". . ."

"That's my girl now how about you try to speak much slower and not stumble over your words okay baby?"

". . .Okay . . .Okay. . ."

"Go for it."

"So you know about the trial against Jamie doing. . . um. . . yeah so my lawyer managed to set the date early instead of the next few months, early as in yesterday, I don't know how but he did it, I'll have to buy him gum or candy as thanks. . . Anyway, I went to court scared out of my mind thinking the worst outcomes that could come out of this court case . . ."

"Hey babygirl, you know you don't have to tell me about this if it upsets you . . . I don't like hearing you cry babe, it makes me sick knowing I can't do anything about it."

". . . I--I want to, its just... I'm sorry."

"Its okay sweetcheeks."

"I'll just ignore you called me that terrible name and carry on with my story."

"Are you--"

"Yes I'm sure, can I talk now?"

"Sure go ahead, no need to bite my head off"

"So I walked in there thinking the worst of the worst . . . Jamie was there too, wearing that hideous orange jumpsuit and looking at me with such hate and malice it made me shiver . . . I've--- I've never seen him look at me like that, its like he wanted to jump over the space separating us to kill me. It was awful Colton--"

"---Princess"

"Just let me finish, I testified against him and Carly was witness as well. After that we waited for like, three to four hours before the judge came and pleaded him guilty for sexual harassment, assault, domestic abuse, kidnapping and rape and he is in there for life Colton--- He is-- I won't--"

"Baby, shhh, you don't have to say anything else babe. I'm so happy for you. That monster will no longer be able to touch you baby girl. You're free"

"I'm free. . ."

"You're free sweetheart. You don't have to tie yourself to Jamie anymore baby, both physically and emotionally. You're free"

"He won't hurt me anymore. . ."

"He won't because he will be rotting in jail for his sins and crimes."

"I--- Oh my god . . ."

" . . ."

[Asanda burst into sobs once she realized that she wouldn't have to look over her shoulder ever again. She was free, truly free. It felt like a thousand pounds just lifted from her shoulders and she felt as lighy as ever. Colton gave her a chance to cry, to wash away the hopelessness that she felt with Jamie around with her tears and start afresh.]

" . . . You okay now baby?"

". . . Kind of. . ."

"Wipe those tears away now beautiful, its over, you're free."

". . ."

"I love you Asanda, don't you ever forget that."

"I will never do that . . . I love you, thank you for everything Colton. Everything."

"I would do anything for you."

So, I have posted another update of Simon Doesn't Say for the readers reading it :) Go and check it out

Also spoiler alert for SH, prepare for mega fluff in the coming chapters 😊

Written: 16 June 2018
Published: 28 May 2020

---596 Words---