9 | True Colors

ADELAIDE'S POV

"Why are we bringing the students of the special class to Ostria?" I asked Asha since I can't contain the curiosity any longer.

"Because the principal says so. I don't want to go against her orders like my sister and brother." Asha replied to my question. She seems to be having fun knowing there's feud between her siblings.

That's just how she entertained herself, with drama.

"Anyway, seems like the ride to Ostria's royal palace taking its sweet time. Where are we going? I noticed that you whispered to the driver before he drives." Oh, I forgot to mention something crucial.

"My parents had prepared us a more comfortable accommodation while you're here. Also, they just don't want to cause an uproar at the royal palace. Seeing these many guests in the palace will raise curiosity among our people." I look at the time before looking out the window.

"We're almost there." Asha too looks out the window and nod in agreement.

"Nice scenery. Hmmm ... a mansion in the middle of nowhere? Well, leave it to the royal family to do everything in discreet after all." Asha patted my shoulder. I sigh.

"Asha, what if they die in the war? My brothers went too far this time. And I never thought that my father would agree to it." I look down on my thigh, knowing that if one or both of them perish, it's all my fault.

When we arrived, we waited for the other cars that carried the students from the special class to be here before getting inside the old mansion.

"Anyway, where is Elra?" I asked.

"She's with our parents, Sasha and Durov. They're going to the palace for their briefing. Tomorrow, they will be joining the soldier at the frontlines." How can she be this calm knowing her siblings going to be in constant danger?

"Aren't you worried? Even a little?" Asha shakes her head no.

"Why should I be worried? I should be worried about the enemy soldier since they will be killed in such a cold-blooded murder. Look, Adelaide, Sasha is a trained assassin but she had her fair share of horror. She can handle herself in any situation, trust me. For Durov, he's been trained by the best while he was serving the army for half a year. I know his capability. This is all piece of cake for them." Is that her way of making me feel calm?

If so, it's not working!

After the last car had arrived and we've done some headcount, I lead them inside the old mansion, giving them a short tour. Went we gather back into the living room, I noticed a familiar figure sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Sasha?" Sasha looks up with a smile

"Is my student adjusting?" She asked when she look up from her phone. The briefing are probably done.