10

How could he have figured that out already?

You gave him a weak smile and nodded your head.
"Taehyung told me...and I have to see how exactly I'm sick tomorrow. I get my results by then." You explained, fidgeting your fingers.
Jungkook cleared his throat and grabbed your hand to comfort you.
"Everything's going to be okay Y/N. Did he tell you if you had a certain amount of time?"
You shook your head. "He just told me that he was there for me." You answered lowly, chuckling softly.
"Does...Hoseok know?" He hesitantly questioned as he tilted his head.
"No. Didn't tell him."
"Is it okay if I go with you? It's in the morning right?"
"Jungkook you don't have to-"
"I want to." He cut you off, the grip on your hand tightening. "I want to be there for my best friend, so let me."
You sighed and gave into his pleading with the slight nod of your head. "Okay..." you whispered, giving him a smile.
"Where's Taehyung now?" Jungkook questioned as he looked around the room.
You raised your arm and pointed toward the corner. "He's standing in the back corner."
Jungkook looked over to where you were pointing and walked over.
"Hey Taehyung." He greeted with his bunny smile.
"Hey Kookie." Taehyung replied happily.
"He says hi." You stated.
"I can smell him, haha." Jungkook laughed, brushing the hair out his face.
"I miss you dude, and I wish I could give you a hug but I can't see you." He joked, tears in his eyes. "We'll meet again someday though, I just know it."

Hoseok P.O.V :

"And then I asked her out!" I explained happily to Namjoon hyung. He clapped his hands with a wide smile on his face.
"Wow our JHope is finally growing up, I'm surprised." He teased as he ruffled my hair.
"I'm not, Hoseok is good looking. I had faith he would find someone some day. You on the other hand Namjoon..." Yoongi lowly mumbled as he fiddled with the keys on his piano.
"Watch it." He snapped back with a small grin on his face. The three of us burst into laughter before settling down a little bit.
"So where are you taking her? First dates are important.
"Well I asked her to go grab some food after school. We're gonna go get cheeseburgers." I stated.
"Ooh at the place down by the university?" Namjoon questioned. I nodded my head before closing my laptop.
"Aish she makes my heart flutter." I whispered holding my chest as I spun around in my office chair.
"This kid." Namjoon mumbled with a small chuckle.
"Yep, our pony is definitely head over heels.

End of Hoseok P.O.V

You woke up the next morning in your bed, a little exhausted and drowsy. Still, you took a shower and put on a black hoodie and some blue ripped jeans and white sneakers.
"Jungkook." You called out to him knocking on the guest door. "We have to leave in fifteen minutes okay?"
"Okay!"
You walked into the kitchen as you tied your hair into a ponytail at the top of your head. Your step father was away at work and was returning tonight, so hopefully you could tell him what your condition would be. You made an egg and put it between two slices of bread and grabbed a banana to complete the small breakfast. You then chugged it down with some water, Jungkook shortly walking into the kitchen as well.
"Morning Y/N." He greeted, his hair still a complete mess.
"Fix your hair you look like a mess." You teased him as you finished the last of your water.
Jungkook rolled his eyes at you as he took a cup of yogurt and apple slices from your fridge.
"You look like a mess." He mimicked you with a pout on his face, opening his yogurt.
"Which hospital are we going to? Maybe my dad can drop us off."
You shook your head and washed the pan you cooked in earlier. "The last time I got in a car, it crashed." You reminded him.
"Yea and the last friend you had that didn't die was me, and look at you now. About to have a whole boyfriend." He replied back, an annoying smirk on his face. You groaned and rolled your eyes.
"Shut up." You growled as you sprinkled the leftover water on his face.
"Yah!" He yelled wiping his face off. He was going to get up to attack you, but you stood in your fake karate pose with a serious pout on your face.
"Excuse me sir, if I'm bleeding in my brain and I fall it could kill me." You joked. Jungkook laughed and took a step back.
"No fair Y/N." He pouted as he crossed his arms.
"Call your dad, if we take the train we'll be late."

Hoseok P.O.V

After I finished getting ready, I walked out the door with a huge smile on my face.
Today's my date with Y/N.
I repeated to my self as I walked to the train station. Same as yesterday, I didn't bump into her, but at least I would see her at school.
Or so I thought.
Three periods went by and there was no sign of her.

Maybe she has an excuse...she's the one who basically told me to ask her out, and there's no way she would stand me up...unless I just rushed her into it..maybe it's my fault.

I sighed and leaned my head against the palm of my hand as I looked out the window. The clouds were fluffy and the sky was a really nice shade of blue. The tree's different colored leaves were blowing in the wind, the smell of fall flowing in the air that breezed through the window.

I miss Y/N...

Lunch time came, and I realized that Jungkook wasn't here either.

Hm.
I hummed to myself as I fiddled with the food on my tray. Then it had suddenly hit me.

What if Y/N got sick? She always walks with Jungkook and if she had fainted again, he would have taken her to the hospital, right?

I felt my heart beat up to my throat.
What if this whole time she wasn't feeling well, and all I could think about was the stupid date? I knew I should've went to her house again this morning. I knew it. She's in good hands...Jungkook is a good person.

*

The end of the day rolled around sooner than I thought, and Y/N come to school. It was last period, and I found myself dozing off...stupid. My eyelids were starting to close, when there was a sudden bang.
"Jung Hoseok! Am I boring you?" The teacher yelled crossing her arms.
"N-no." I stuttered. "I'm sorry it's just-"
"Well you can be sorry in detention young man, you can stay and clean the library until 4."
"But-"
"No buts, unless you want to clean the gym locker room too!"

This. Totally. Sucks.

*

"Hoseok dear." The librarian spoke out to me as I organized books.
"You know Ms.Crowley said you had to stay till four, but you look troubled so I have no problem if you leave." She spoke softly as she stood next to me. I shook my head and brushed my bangs out of my face.
"It's okay Ms.Yang, I'll just finish at four." I assured her with a small smile.
"Okay sweetie. It's only 3:30, and you look tired. I have some water if you're feeling dehydrated."

She reminds me of my Grandma. Haha.

I chuckled at her offer and shook my head. "No thank you." I kindly rejected.
She nodded her head, and went back to her desk, filling out some paperwork of her own.
*
I looked down at my watch, noticing the time.
4:05.
I sighed and put away the last of the books before grabbing my bag.
"Later Ms.Yang." I waved. She looked up from her paper and brushed her silver hair behind her ear. "Be safe Hoseok, see you tomorrow."
"You too." I replied, softly closing the door behind me. I stuffed my hands in my pants pocket and walked outside the school. I was approaching the gate when I saw a girl sitting on the bench, swinging her feet as she looked at the ground. I assumed she heard my footsteps because she looked up at me, and I felt my heart flutter as soon as we made eye contact.

It's Y/N.

A/N:
Poor baby Hobi. I feel bad for (kind of) making him suffer like this. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter reader :) until next time 💜