Fenrir

"A fenrir?! They're supposed to be extinct!" Rea shouted from the top of Ergen's head, though he had more important things to think about currently as he and the wolf started circling each other. He didn't know how it'd burst into snow before, but this would be a troublesome opponent if it could disappear whenever it wanted to. And judging from the pain starting to stab at his neck, Ergen knew that his scales might not protect him next time.

Snapping it's jaws once in the air, the fenrir suddenly disappeared in a cloud of snow again before charging straight at Ergen. In response, he blew a stream of frost breath directly where he saw the disrupted snow. However, the stream went completely through it before the wolf appeared in front of Ergen and snapped it's jaws down on the back of Ergen's neck again, attempting to same thing that it had before only Ergen was ready for it this time. Reaching up with his front feet, Ergen sank his claws into the fenrir's sides before swinging the back of his head violently upwards at an angle, making sure to avoid crushing Rea while the horns on the back of his head pierced the creature's stomach.

Feeling the pressure on his neck release immediately after he stabbed the fenrir, Ergen lifted his head and snapped his own teeth down on the cloud of snow as the fenrir made its escape, though unfortunately it didn't seem to have done anything as the wolf recovered and reappeared a short distance away with both of it's sides and it's stomach bleeding. Or at least, he thought that it was as a sudden thumping noise to Ergen's other side made his attention change targets immediately as the real fenrir appeared beside him. The illusion made of snow disappeared in the distance, though Ergen found himself being tackled yet again while this time being flipped over on his back. The fenrir was aiming for the softer scales on Ergen's underside, though it didn't manage to reach them as it snapped several times at his throat while he held both it's body and it's head back with his feet and claws. He attempted to get his own bite in this time, though yet again his annoying opponent disappeared, leaving Ergen to stand as the creature once again reappeared in the distance. Though it was behind him this time, and it's bloodthirsty stare seemed intent on one of his rear legs before Ergen whipped his tail across the fenrir's snout, causing the wolf to yelp before it turned back into snow.

Waiting again for his opponent to appear, Ergen was surprised by it yet again as he was suddenly pelted by what felt like large chunks of ice. The balls of ice were launched at a speed that most likely would have completely shattered his bones if he were anything other than a dragon, and Ergen reluctantly had to stay in place and withstand the barrage of magic, all the while cursing the fact that he didn't know any magic himself.

When the barrage finally ended, apparently the fenrir seemed to think that it had done more damage than it really had as it slowly advanced on Ergen, who was pretending to be harmed. And when it was close enough he suddenly lashed out, managing to bite the top of the fenrir's head before it turned into snow again to escape, though this time Ergen was at least confident that he'd done some damage t as there was blood on his teeth. And sure enough, when the wolf appeared a few moments later it's entire head looked badly mangled as it bore its fangs at him again, apparently angrier than ever.

Despite having been ambushed, Ergen faced the fenrir with a slight sense of pride. Even though his opponent was managing to escape any major injury, Ergen was winning this battle so far. And if magic really did cost the user stamina like he thought that it did, then the longer that Ergen drug this battle out, the better for him.

Pelting Ergen with more balls of ice, the fenrir ran around him in a wide circle while trying to find a weakness in his scales. Though, unfortunately for it, there weren't any before Ergen sprinted forward to catch up to his opponent. The fenrir saw his move coming and transformed into snow again, though the time that it took was slightly delayed after using so much magic, and Ergen managed bite it's left shoulder before the beast escaped with a loud yelping sound.

Following the fast-moving snow, Ergen breathed a stream of ice over the snow, making it scatter for a split second and making the fenrir yelp again before he completely lost it in the blizzard. However it didn't remain that way for long as the wolf had jumped on Ergen's back an instant later, again going for his neck as he attempted to shake it off. He attempted to shake it off, but it was hanging onto him by it's teeth and Ergen didn't know how much longer that the destroyed scales on his neck would protect him. And in his desperation, he tried something unorthodox.

Having not used his wings since he'd glided between the waterspouts in the ocean, Ergen unfolded them rapidly now, throwing the fenrir up into the air before he spun around and attempted to hit it with his frost breath again. Again, it managed to avoid his breath by turning into snow, though on it's way down it re-materialized just in time for Ergen to get his own jaws around the wolf's neck. His fangs sank in deep into the fenrir's hide, causing it to yelp and snap it's jaws frantically as it attempted to bite him as well. However, it wasn't able to reach him, and Ergen twisted his grip while causing as much damage as he could until it attempted to turn into snow again. Though while the fenrir managed to slip out of his jaws, Ergen managed to grapple it's partially formed paws and knock it down into the snow before the two bit each other's shoulders. With Ergen grappling the wolf as it scratched his stomach with the claws on it's feet, the two started rolling down the top of the mountain before finally rolling off of one of the many cliffs on the sides.

Seeming to have recovered at least a part of it's energy, the fenrir managed to turn itself completely into snow again before it flew across what seemed to be a small canyon while leaving Ergen to fall by himself. However, after expanding his wings, Ergen used his experience that he'd had with the water spouts before to adjust himself to the twisting winds around him before gliding after his opponent. And when the fenrir finally reached the other side, it collapsed slightly, seeming to be exhausted from their battle before looking up with surprise as Ergen tackled it from the air. Once again Ergen had his jaws around the fenrir's throat, and the creature yelped and whined loudly before Ergen took a deep breath through his nose and released the last of his frost breath that he had. The sound of crackling ice overtook even the fierce winds of the blizzard as the fenrir's whimpers stopped abruptly. And when he was finally done, Ergen snapped his jaws shut, completely shattering his opponent's neck in the process as he claimed victory.

Panting heavily as he looked at the body underneath of him, Ergen couldn't believe that he'd actually killed a wolf the size of a dragon. And it wasn't just any wolf either as it had somehow been able to used several different kinds of magic Ergen didn't know about at all. And as he thought about the battle, an almost primal feeling filled Ergen before he lifted his front feet and stood on top of his enemy's body. After taking a long breath, Ergen roared the loudest he'd ever roared before, making a dominating sound that completely deafened out the storm around him as his voice echoed throughout the peaks and canyons below. It was a roar that declared him the victor of this battle, as well a a proclamation that these mountains now had a new king.