Stark!Reader x Theon Greyjoy - Pocketful of Sunshine

A/N- This imagine is based on the song "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Beddingfield. Please leave me a comment and let me know if you like it.

This was not how you had planned on telling people about your relationship with your Father's ward. In fact, you had hoped that by the time you told anyone you would both be confident in your decision to marry. But instead, you were caught lounging with Theon in his bed by your own brother. Robb had been mad, angrier than you had ever seen him before as he threw insults at Theon, coming close to blows and only hesitating when you began screaming for him to stop, tears streaming down your face. Of course, all this had done was alert the rest of Winterfell to the incident, drawing your mother and father through the halls and into the doorway. You would never forget the look of disappointment on your parent's face when they had seen you, your body hidden only by the sheets of Theon's bed, and him in only his breeched, which he had thrown on in a panic when Robb had burst into the room.

"Get dressed and go to your chambers," your father had demanded, his voice even and emotionless as he glared at his ward.

"Father, please," you yelped, shifting closer to your mother and she moved around the bed to wrap her own robe around your shoulders.

"Do as your father says, Y/N," your mother muttered, gathering your clothes and placing a hand on your back to steer you out of the room. You continued to sob as you walked through the halls that led to your chambers, our mother close behind you.

"He'll kill him," you told your mother, glancing at her as you slowed your journey to walk beside her.

"You will find no comfort in me, what you have done could ruin everything that your father has worked so hard to preserve." You came to a full stop then, looking at her in disbelief as she glanced back at you, "come along, there is no need for you to linger in the halls."

"No," you started, shaking your head as you continued to think. " Have you even recognised that I love him? I am utterly and completely in love with Theon Greyjoy, and yes, we should have waited, but we have talked about marriage already, this wasn't a spur of the moment decision."

"You don't know what you're talking about. Now, stop hovering and go to your chambers," she told you more firmly, causing you to scoff.

"Perhaps you do recognise it, but you just don't care anymore," you murmured, biting your lip to hold back the sobs that wanted to escape from somewhere deep in your chest.

"Of course I care, but you are children who do everything in extremes, you love and you hate, you don't ever think about the times where you just need to 'be'." She took your elbow in her hand, pulling you along the corridor and pushing you into your chambers. "You will wait here until your father comes to speak with you," she told you and you gave a short nod before shutting the door.

*Time Skip*

You had been waiting for the knock on your door for far longer than you had expected, sitting and staring at the scarred wood for over an hour as you picked at the skin at the bed of your nails. When it finally came you felt your heart leap in your chest, the fear making your hands sweaty and your breath come quicker than usual. You got to your feet and crossed the room, taking one last deep breath before pulling the door open and revealing your father to you. You attempted to smile at him, but the anger in his eyes told you not to and it quickly faded from your lips.

"Before you say anything, just let me explain," you started, moving out of his way and watching as he stalked back and forth across the rug that sat in the centre of your chambers.

"Theon had already tried to explain it all," he told you, causing your thoughts to fall flat. There was no way of knowing what Theon could have said to irk your father so much, especially knowing how unpredictable he could be.

"What was it he told you?" you asked him softly, moving to sit back in your seat at the table as he continued to move around the room.

"He tells me you were planning to marry him." You smiled at the thought, Theon, in his panicked state had been as honest as he could be. "Why didn't you tell me?" Your father's voice was soft, barely recognisable in a room so silent it was suffocating.

"Would you have ever allowed us to be together if I did?" He let out a snort of laughter at your words, moving to sit opposite you.

"I suppose you're right," he told you and you risked a smile.

"I really do love him, I promise you, it never would have happened if I didn't." You were picking at your nail-beds again, your smile turned towards the wooden surface of the table.

"He won't be faithful to you, you must know that," he answered quickly, causing you to glance up, you smile falling.

"You all think you know him," you murmured, pushing your chair backwards and away from the table. "You all judge him and tell me how bad he is, but none of you have ever stopped to actually listen to him," you continued, now on your feet as moved over to the door. "I think this conversation is over," you told him, pulling the door open and gesturing for him to leave.

"You can't blame us, Y/N, he hasn't exactly got a good reputation," your father grumbled as he got to his feet, crossing the room and pausing in front of you, "we only want what is best for you."

"Then perhaps you should start letting me make my own decision, whether they turn out to be mistakes or not." You shrugged as you spoke, your hand still firmly clasped around the door handle. Your father released a deep sigh before leaving your chambers without another word. You pressed the door shut behind him, letting out a shaking breath. There was no way that your father would allow you to marry now, especially not if your mother had any say in the matter, but you weren't certain that you would allow their decision to be final.

You pulled back the sheets on your bed, sniffling as you climbed among them, allowing the warmth to hold you in the way Theon had been holding you just an hour or so before. You wanted to go to him, more than anything else, but you knew the repercussions would be too dear for you to even begin considering risking it. You slipped back out of your bed, crossing the room quickly and searching through your trunk until you got to the very bottom, where an old shirt of Theon's was hidden, screwed up and wrinkled, but smelling of him. You quickly slipped out of the robe your mother had given you and dropped it to the floor before pulling the shirt over your head and hurrying back to the warmth of your bed. It would do for now, but it would never be enough to replace Theon entirely, and you had to force away the thought of never holding him again.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x