Chapter 27

Dante 👆

Everybody is getting ready for the auction as I sit on the bed and look outside. Dante is getting ready and he asked me to get ready as well but here I am sitting on the bed not ready and waiting for him to tell me that's his late and I can stay back "why are you not ready?" he asks me as he walks out of the bathroom with a black suit and his hair was put on one side as he did his black tie. He looks handsome. I blush and turn the other way "I don't want to come" I tell him as he walks towards my side of the bed "don't start Violet. I'm not leaving without you, other mafias are going to be there and they will want to meet my wife" Dante says as he grabs his Armani watch and puts it around his wrist "why don't you take Veronica? I mean after all she is your girlfriend" he nods as he looks down at me "you are my wife, she is my girlfriend and to the mafia world you need to be my side when I go to any mafia auctions or meetings" he says as he tightens his tie "get ready violet I'm not going to say it again" I roll my eyes "last time I never came with you to that one meeting when you dropped me off at my parents house" I mumble as he sighs "that meeting was only for the mafia leaders but you will attend meetings that I hold for my mafia" I nod as I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom.

After my shower I put a towel around my body and hair and lean my head out of the bathroom, I see Dante sitting on the bed on his phone. I put a robe on and walk out of the bathroom "must I dress up formal?" I question him as he turns and looks at me. He nods as I walk into the closet and pick out my dress, heels and I do my make up. After my makeup, I put on my dress and heels on and walk out of the closet leaving my hair wavy.

"I'm ready," I say as I adjust my hair, he looks up and his eyes run down my body, he smirks as he gets up and walks near me "you look, Bellissimo," he says, I frown as I don't understand what he said "what?" I question as he smirks "let's go" I r...

"I'm ready," I say as I adjust my hair, he looks up and his eyes run down my body, he smirks as he gets up and walks near me "you look, Bellissimo," he says, I frown as I don't understand what he said "what?" I question as he smirks "let's go" I roll my eyes as we both walk downstairs and I see everyone standing there, men were dressed in suits and women wore dresses. I see Abigail standing next to a man who looks like her husband, she wore a white lace long sleeve dress. I smile at her as she waves "normal car seating!" Dante yells as he grabs my arm and pulls me outside "I'm I coming with you?" I ask him and he nods "baby!" I roll my eyes as I hear Veronica's annoying voice "baby! Dante baby! Wait for me!" we stop as we both turn around and see Veronica running towards us. My eyes widen as I look at her dressing "what the hell!!?" I whisper as I just stare at her shocked. Dante laughs as he stuffs his hands in his pocket.

"why did you leave me!?" Veronica nags as she clings to Dantes' hand "get in the car" he pushes her away from him as she gives me a glare "get in the back Veronica!" Dante hisses as she opens the front door, she stares at him shocked "but I always sit in front" he bangs the car door "this is not a fucking normal outing MUST I remind you that Violet is my Wife" he hisses out as he gives her a deadly look "but for every other auction I sat in front" she folds her hand as I start getting irritated. My legs were killing me from these heels, I just want to sit "well that's when I was not married NOW I AM MARRIED!" he yells as Veronica shivers with fear and quickly gets in the back seat. He nods his head towards the passenger seat as I get in.

He speeds off while the other cars follow behind us, it was 6:15 pm at the moment and the sun has already set. Veronica keeps on mumbling things and Dante is getting angry, his grip was hard on the steering wheel as I look at him confused "Dante are you......?" before I could complete my sentence "FUCKING SHUT IT YOU BITCH!!!" Dante yells at Veronica as he turns back and glares at her "shut. The. Hell. Up" he grits his teeth as I hear Veronica gasps.

He continues driving but more relaxed "Violet grab my gun that's under your seat" my eyes widen but I do what he says. I put my hand under the seat and feel the gun, I pull it out with my shaky hands and I hand it to him

He takes it from my hands and shoves it behind his pants. After a few minutes, Dante announces that we here. I get out of the car as I see no one else but only Dantes cars "why are they no one here?" I ask him as I stand next to him "it only starts at 8 so now we just get things set up and the girls ready" I cringe at the sound of girls. I nod as everyone gets out of the cars and we all head inside. It was a 2 story house and it was massive.

There was a huge place with a stage that I suppose was where the girls get sold "Lucas take all the ladies upstairs to get the girls ready for the auction" Dante says as I stand awkwardly next to Dante "Men get started with setting the stage and the tables" everyone goes except the maids "you'll get started with the drinks" Dante says as the maids walk off to the kitchen. Now it was only Dante and me.

He looks at me "can you help with something?" I shake my head no as I know I won't be able to handle it "please Violet. The girls need to be ready on time" I glare at him as I shake my head again "just give it a try and if you can't handle it, I will come to fetch you from upstairs and you can then stay with me"

I nod in defeat as he leads me up the stairs, the walls were plain white, there was a bit of decor here and there but otherwise, it was plain and simple. We reach the second floor as I see rooms going down the halls from the right and left side "how many are there?" I ask Dante as tears are about to fall "for today 20 are getting sold" he says "how many in total?" I grind my teeth as I was getting angry "stop asking questions Violet go to the room on my right, the 5th door" I sigh as I walk away from him.

I push open the door and I feel my heart sink. Why!!?? WHY DANTE!!!?

This chapter of 'His Wife' is dedicated to all the lovely people who have asked for an update and all my amazing readers..... Thank you so much for supporting this book and hope you'll enjoy it so far...... I just want to wish all my fellow Muslim readers a late Eid Mubarak... I never have time to update coz I've been busy with eid preparations and stuff
🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗