Arc 1.12

Author's Note:

7000 words. Not the longest chapter, but it's still long nonetheless and I hope that it will satisfy you guys for a while >.<

As you can probably see, I haven't posted lately. And that's mostly because I've just recently started my master program for molecular pathology this summer and everything they gave me just hit me hard and fast. I need to get my shit together if I'm going to survive because if my grades get below a 70, I'm automatically kicked out of the course.

So I'm stressed and panicky and a little anxious. I didn't even finish the next chapter like I wanted to because I can't focus on writing it. THSMT is actually a complex piece that I'm trying to write (like The No-Good Seventh Miss goes Traveling but with more bl) and I need to plan every paragraph in order not to create any plot holes, so please forgive me for the slow updates >.<. Once I get into summer break in July, I'll try to write two-three chapters per week if possible.

Anyway, please enjoy!

...--------...

Just like the outside of the building, the reception area is very extravagant, but in a more subtle way.

It's not like there's golden curtain, red carpets, or anything gaudy like that, but Alex can see the high-tech monitoring screens on the reception desk being used by the receptionist and many other flat and silver screens tastefully placed around the building. Some of them even tactile which the public can use to search for certain information about the agency or its employees. Everything, especially the floors, is white, silver, and sleek and Alex feels the need to sprinkle a little bit of dirt on the clear and smooth tile floors just to see what happens and whether people will be bothered by it.

But she refrains herself as Bai Yang shyly walks up to the receptionist to inform them of his appointment with Lin Ning while Alex steps forward to one of the tactile screens and starts playing around with its features. First, she searches for a map, indiscreetly whistling as she sees how many floors there are in this one building.

Apparently, the Wangs have their hands on more than just modeling even if it's their main and most important trade. Wang Entertainment is the proper name for the corporation under Wang Wei's control and not only do they manage models, they also manage singers, actors, idols, and so forth. In recent years, it seems that Big Bad Boss has expanded into these particular areas, which makes them on par with other talent agencies in the entire continent but it seems that modeling, since that is what the Wangs originally built the Wang Corporation around, is still the center of their trade.

In this entire building, there are around 30 accessible floors out of 33 for employees and few that the public can actually enter, the top 3 for VIPs and the CEO himself. Some floors are office floors for agents and public relations and others are large meeting rooms that are either for hearings or panels or public announcements. Three floors are dedicated for studios for the four first-tiered fashion magazine and the two first-tiered entertainment magazine they own. The six second-tiered and eight third-tiered magazines under their name are probably placed in studios outside of the main building.

The rest of the floors seem dedicated for classes (such as acting classes or singing classes) or recreational activities for the employees. She can even see a spa somewhere on the tenth floor.

"Alex! Someone's going to take us up to Miss Lin Ning's office!" Bai Yang calls her near the large reception desk as she turns her attention away from the big screen, looking at her kid nervous but excited expression. She can see a pretty-faced, well-manner woman with black-flowing hair and in a black pencil skirt right behind him, which Alex has guessed to be the person escorting them through the building. On top of her chest is a name tag with her family name printed in black, bold letters: Zhang.