Chapter 8

I could feel my face blush and was most likely bright red.

Evan slowly moved backwards and looked away with his hand on the back of his hand. He was blushing, but not as much as I was.

"Sorry."

"It's uh-" I paused. "It's fine." I then panicked. "I mean, it was great, it wasn't bad, I enjoyed it." I shook my head.

Evan laughed and put his hand on mine. "Kami, this is what I was talking about?"

I was confused. "What do you mean?" He must have mentioned it when I lost control of myself.

"I told you we needed to talk. I said there was something I didn't get a chance to tell you before your mom took you away."

"What was it?" God damn it Kami, you already know just by going off what just happened. Get it together!

"I like you, and I wanted to be my girlfriend."

I just stared. "But what if I go on a rampage again, what if I end up hurting you. What if-"

"Shhh." He put his finger on my lips. "You're going to overstress yourself. Don't think about it."

"Evan, I'm serious."

"And so am I." He paused. "I will be there for you, I will protect you."

I finally gave in. "Fine." I shut my eyes and leaned back, satisfied that I finally healed the gash. I then realized something. "Evan?"

"Yes?"

"How many people saw you carrying me to my dorm?"

"Umm." He looked away. "A lot?"

"Evan!"

"What?" He didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

"What if they think you did this and were carrying me to finish me off?"

"Oh," he paused. "I didn't think about that."

I facepalmed and sighed.

"Can't you fix it, I mean, isn't your ability to control everything or something?"

I then sighed heavily. "Its called Omnily. Its kind of similar to mimicry, exept I dont have to see it, I just need to think about it, so it's kind of limitless to what I can do."

"Oh yeah."

He must have forgotten the name. Then again I never called my ability out by name either so it left everyone confused on what it was. No wonder I was feared a lot.

"So, um." I looked around. "what time is it?"

"Lunch."

"Oh boy!" I jumped up and practically ran to the kitchen. "Where's the food?"

Amber laughed. "Its not ready yet."

"Awe." I dropped down to the floor and whined. "I want food!"

Evan then walked up to me, grabbed my hand, pulled me up, and laughed. "Now that's the Kami I remember."

"Oh, so she always was hungry and complained if she didn't get food?"

"Yep, back then our big bad Queen went soft when she didn't get food, but then demanded someone get her some."

"Give me food, then." I looked right at Evan and had my hand out.

"No can do, I can't cook, nor can I conjure up food."

"Amber!" I whipped around and looked right at Amber. "Food. Now."

She laughed. "If you want it so bad, conjure it up yourself."