Chapter 12: I Um Tripped

Elena's POV

"You sure you don't want me to go with you?" Reece asked

"Yeah I just need to grab some things" I said getting out of the car "I'll hurry"

"Keep the door open just in case" he said

I nodded and went into my house, I kept the door open like Reece wanted. I went into the living room and went up the stairs. I grabbed everything I needed including my phone, charger, straightener, clothes, and my photo album. I shoved it everything into a bag and walked back downstairs. Someone grabbed my wrist and I dropped my bag "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm leaving dad" I growled

"No you're not" he growled and tried to pull me upstairs

"Let go asshole!" I yelled trying to pull back "I don't wanna be here anymore!"

"What's going on" Reece walked in

My dad let go and I stumbled back on the glass table, going through it "Fuck!" I screamed as I felt glass stab me in the back.

Reece looked at my dad with anger in his eyes "what the hell is wrong with you? She's your daughter, your own flesh and blood. And yet you treat her like this! She's a great person but yet here you are treating her like she's not worth anything well let me tell you something, she is worth it!" He stepped closer to me helping me up "are you ok?"

I shook my head "my back"

He looked behind me at my back "damn"

I hugged him and he picked me up "I don't want you near her ever again" he picked my bag up with the hand that was under my head and walked outside. He was mumbling under his breath and put me in the passengers seat. He slid into the drivers seat and drove me to the hospital. The drive was silent but comfortable, except for the glass in my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened ma'am" the doctor looked at me

"I um tripped" I laughed nervously

Reece was pacing. I put my hand on his arm and stopped him "calm down"

He didn't say anything but I squeezed his arm as the doctor pulled out the last piece of glass. He gave my hand a gentle squeeze with his free hand.

The doctor began stitching my cuts. Good news is some didn't need stitched, only a couple. I looked up at Reece "thank you"

"For?" He raised an eyebrow

"For helping me" I smiled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm trying to hold my breath, let it stay this way, can't let this moment end. You set off a dream in me getting louder now can you hear it echoing. Take my hand will you share this with me. Cause darling without you, all the shine of a thousand spotlights, all the stars we steal from the night sky will never be enough never be enough towers of gold are still to little, these hands can hold the world but it'll never be enough, never be enough for me, never never, never-" he unplugged the AUX cord and lowered the volume

"I think you've proved your point that you can sing" he laughed

I smiled "thank you"

He turned into his driveway "so you wanna sleep in my room or Audrey's?"

"She's asleep" I mumbled "and she gets mad when she get woken up"

"So you're staying in my room" he smiled "but if you want I can sleep on the floor"

"It's fine" I smiled "you don't have to sleep on the floor"

We made our way into the house and went upstairs.