7. mess

I stood on the train platform looking out at the desolate gray cityscape against equally depressing gray skies. Bakugo was supposed to be here by now, I checked my phone. Five more minutes and I would leave. The platform was empty and for good reason today was miserable. Wherever we were going next had to be indoors. If it wasn't absolutely nothing was stopping me from going back to the safety of my room.

Minutes passed as I stood on the cold platform. Whatever small part of me was hoping that Bakugo would show up slowly became smaller, dripping away like the rain spilling off the edge of the roof.

After waiting for a while I felt myself give up. I would just text him and say that I was sick- a perfectly reasonable claim seeing as I was cold and damp.

I turned around eyes glued to the ground as I shuffled out of the empty station. I pushed open the doors and immediately ran into someone.

"Oi Dumbass where do you think you're going?" Bakugo? I blinked looking up at the boy who was standing there with a ticked off expression. I was beginning to believe that that was the only expression he could make.

"Leaving because someone couldn't show up to the date that he scheduled." MISSION ABORT Y/N I LOVE YOU BUT WHY DID YOU SAY THAT. I blushed wildly and tried to push past him in hopes that if I left now I wouldn't be able to say any other stupid things. He placed his hand on my shoulder holding me in place. I felt my emotional resolve crumbling and whatever strength I had left in my body after the previous days completely vanishing.

    "I honestly can't tell what kind of person you are dumbass." He paused brows furrowing, "One minute you're annoyingly shy and the next you're picking a fight." He sighed and removed the hand from my shoulder.

    "I need a fucking explanation for the was you've been acting recently." I felt my heart sink. I guess we've both been thinking the same thing.

    Good thing Bakugo brought an umbrella. The rain beat down on the plastic like the sound of a hundred drums. I was almost happy it was so loud- we both weren't in the mood for talking and the silence would just stretch on. Thank the heavens for this rain that drowned out all possible conversation. Bakugo suddenly halted turning and guiding us toward a small coffee shop. A bell chimed as we stepped in and the warm smell of coffee filled my nose. He gestured toward a table and went to go get something to drink. It only dawned on me when he came back that I had never told him what I wanted. This was evident by the fact that he had gotten me my least favorite hot drink. D/N. I silently prayed that he wouldn't notice that I wasn't drinking anything.

    "Why do you have such a grudge on Midoriya?" I asked hesitantly. He took his time answering, drinking his drink and staring at my face for a second before screaming out his answer.

    "That dumbass is just getting what he deserves." He spit out disrupting the quiet mood of the shop. I glanced apologetically at the Barista who had stopped mid taking someone's order to stare at the blazing blond sitting across from me.

    "That doesn't really answer my question," I said blatantly lacing my hands together and setting them on my lap. "I mean, I want to know why you keep on treating him like dirt. What did he do to you? Why do you call him 'quirkless bastard' he obviously has a quirk?" The bottled up questions I had all came spilling out in the one moment. An invisible weight that was pressing on my chest was immediately lifted.

    "He's a fucking dumb shit that's why!" I trusted that I wasn't going to get an answer today- but I would find it. Bakugo leaned forward and rested his head on his hand lazily closing his eyes before asking his question. "Why do you want to know?"

    A multitude of reasons popped into my head.

    "I just thought things seemed tense." LIKE THIS WHOLE CONVERSATION. OF ALL THE DIFFERENT THINGS YOU THOUGHT OF YOU CHOSE THIS ONE. He let out a short laugh before pulling up his phone and checking the time.

    "My old hag of a mother wants me home." Abruptly sitting up he turned away slamming something on the table. Too stunned to reason what just happened I took a minute to look at what he had left. A small black box with red ribbons laced together in a bow. Although the ribbons were slightly misaligned from being in his pocket I found myself glowing just from this gesture.

    My doubts of Bakugo were still present, yet ever so slowly melting away. I opened the box setting aside the ribbon to find a small pair of earring inside. I smiled tucking the box into my bag. He wasn't perfect but he had definitely tried to make me happy.

    Maybe this wouldn't be such a complete mess...

______________________________
I feel like this one is a bit short????

Anyway thanks for all the reads it means so much that people actually enjoy this!

-Ai