⌊6⌉

CHAPTER SIX
sᴛᴏʀᴍ

words: 1041

THE WATER GLITTERED LIKE liquid diamonds, the transparent liquid waving slightly as if it wanted to greet them

THE WATER GLITTERED LIKE liquid diamonds, the transparent liquid waving slightly as if it wanted to greet them. Jimin and Namjoon were walking down the sandy shore of the beach, feet sliding through the beige.

Namjoon looked out to the distance. Over the horizon was a large, dark grey cumulonimbus cloud. A storm cloud. It made the overcast over the island look like a holiday resort.

Over the other side of the sea, the two could see the waves start to pick up as the wind whipped them like butter in a cake.

"A storms coming, Jiminie," Namjoon stated bluntly, making Jimin laugh.

"Oh, no it's not. Can't you see that bright sun over there?" He pointed at the dark storm clouds. "I think we should warn the others. It looks as it it's going to be a big one."

Namjoon nodded, "race you to the stair." He giggled then ran to the stairs. Even though he had a head start, and knew that the race was going to happen, Jimin still won by a good ten metres. When Namjoon got there, Jimin was lying on the silky sand laughing his head off.

"You're so slow." He puffed out before stuggling to stand up. Namjoon grunted and weakly slapped Jimin.

"You're so small." He retorted, smiling at his comeback like a small child. Jimin laughed, faking a gasp.

They ran back up to the village, hand in hand. It was starting to get dark as the clouds flooded in over the island.

The first person they saw was Mr. Min. "Mr. Min, Mr. Min." Jimin shouted as the sprinted to the short man. Said male turned around on his heels, sending a questioning look to the two.

"Yes?" He asked, stretching out the 'e', he had a slight smile on his face; although what he was thinking was unclear.

"There's a storm coming from the north east, it looks large," Namjoon pointed over to the largw clouds that cascaded over the north-east of the island. "You can see the lightning from here," as if on cue, a loud rumble of thunder and clash of lightning echoed around.

"I'll warn everyone, don't worry." Yoongi replied calmly, "it'll most probably end up as a hurricane or large electric storm by the time it hits here; we have around two hours from the distance and wind speed."

Namjoon was practically in awe, how did this man work this out, but his awe-staring was cut of by the man himself, "Namjoon, is Taehyung scared of storms by any chance?" He asked, Namjoon didn't hesitate with the reply, definitely.

"Do you think he would like to stay with me during the storm? I'm helpig teach him to make toys, I feel it would help him through the storm." Yoongi asked, he knew what the answer was going to be anyways.

Namjoon pondered for a minute, "yes, probably. I guess- you'd have to ask Seokjin though, but I want a slight break from that screaming child." He joked.

Yoongi brought his hands together, "perfect!" He smiled, a proper smile. This time the intentions of the smile unknown. "Well, I would take cover, I already restocked the food in each of your houses."

Yoongi walked off in the direction of where Seokjin was currently - said male was cleaning Yoongi's house. Meanwhile, Jimin and Namjoon made way to Namjoon's house.

"Would you like to stay around?" Namjoon asked the shorter, not expecting such a quick reply.

"Yes."

Taehyung was gripping onto Seokjin's arm as the elder tried to clean the house. It was nearing the elder's birthday and he was wanting to work hard so he could get a few days off.

Taehyung's shenanigans only stopped when the heard the door creek open. He turned around, expecting to see some sort of zombie or undead creature. Instead, he saw Mr. Min.

"Mr. Min!" He squealed and ran to hug the man. Yoong picked up the young male and held him at his hip.

"Hello, young man." He booped Taehyung's nose, making the young teen giggle. His giggle was like a field of beautiful roses, it was angelic; pure.

"Seokjin," he turned his attention to the adult(-teen) next to him. "There's a storm coming from the north-east. It's large; you can already tell."

Seokjin knew this would be bad for Taehyung, the younger had a fear - no phobia - of storms.

"And I was thinking..." Yoongi continued, "maybe I could take Tae-Tae here during the storm. We've been working on toys, and I feel that working with them would be a good distraction."

Seokjin nodded, this sounded like a good idea. A great idea actually. All he needed was Taehyung's permission, "Tae, would you like to do that?"

The younger nodded enthusiastically, "I could make Yeontan a best friend!" He squealed, making Yoongi laugh. He was too cute for his own good.

"Perfect. I shall steal the boy and return him later." He joked, "say goodbye to Jinnie, Tae-Tae," Yoongi waved, the younger do the same.

"Bye-bye Jinnie!" He giggled, then Yoongi carried himself and Taehyung out of the room and to his office on the top of the hill.

The one that no one is allowed in.

Taehyung's memories had once again faded from the last time he visited this building.

"Hold on, Tae. We're going to climb down the ladder together. Okay?" Yoongi said, Taehyung nodded and gripped onto Yoogi as tight as he could.

They began to descend down the creeky and somewhat rusty ladder into the dark basement beneath the office. When the reached he bottom, Yoogi quickly ran into a different room from the time beforehand.

"Tae, go and sit on the chair. Please." This room was large, and was covered in paintings of islands, boats, swimmers, watersports. Everything to do with island life. The aesthetics if the room bled into the air which had a slightly salty taste lingering in the gases.

"Now - I think you broke our promise!"

This story is going much faster than I wanted it but prepare for slight heartbreak coming up ;(

What do you think Yoongi's intentions are?

If you enjoyed please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE. Thank you :)