𝐢. REFORMED

"So many ways to be wicked

"So many ways to be wicked." Mal sang as she threw an apple, the last thing she saw before her imagination finally made a break, and brought her to the real world, where cameras flashed and microphones were pushed to her face, questions coming from every direction, as they demanded to be answered.

"Mal!"

"Mal over here!"

"Mal!" One woman called out loud, enough for the blonde to look at her directly, eyes a fraction wide with a fake smile still in place. "Mal, only three days till the royal cotillion." The man alongside the reporter took a picture of the lady in waiting's white dress, white wedge sandals and her blonde hair in an elegant side bun.

    "Ever think a girl like you could be a lady in waiting?" Mal couldn't help but feel insulted at that as she moved onto the next reporter.

"How does it feel to be the second most envied girl in Auradon?" A man asked, to which Mal just shook her head at in denial, not at all agreeing with the fact that some girls actually wanted to be her.

In a distance, stood a fair skinned girl whose hair was tied into a ponytail and bangs swept aside, wearing a beautiful pink and blue flower dress and brown strap wedges along with a necklace with a golden ring as the charm on it.

There stood Scarlett, watching her best friend gradually crack under pressure made her feel as though it was she who was cracking under pressure.

"Is your mother still a lizard?" At that question, she was just about to step in but Parker Pan beat her to it. He parted the hoard of reporters and stepped beside his girlfriend, a charming smile on his face. "All right, i think you've all had enough. It's time to go."

    Soon enough, Carly felt arms go behind her waist and from the scent of the person, she instantly knew that it was her dashing king, Ben. She turned around in his arms and placed her arms around his neck, the couple beamed at each other as he kissed her forehead.

    "How's your day been?" Ben asked his girlfriend, who smiled and opened her mouth to speak. "Well... I've been hiding from Jane because she keeps asking me for the whole deal with the reception of the cotillion, but other than that, my day has been absolutely perfect. Especially with you to complete it."

    Ben grinned as he looked down the love of his life, filled with so much joy he couldn't comprehend. He didn't think that Carly would be such a natural at her royal duties, somedays she even shared ben's obligations, which helped him immensely. But then he remembered that she was raised to be a queen, but he couldn't be prouder that she was being the kind that actually cared.

    He couldn't believe how lucky he was until Scarlett broke him out of his reverie. "Ben, don't you have that council meeting right now?"

    At those words, his eyes widened, then darted to his wrist watch before apologetically looking at his lover. "I am so sor-"