12. The Turning Point

The other night's events kept running through Allison's head; Emily destroying the crystal, Damon attacking Bonnie, Damon kissing her cheek... Ugh, no she shouldn't think that. Damon is bad news; he'd only get her killed. Plus, he loved someone else, and also she still had Tyler drama to deal with.

She was getting ready for school wanting to get her mind off yesterday's events when she remembered that she left her car in town. She looked in her jacket pocket from yesterday for her keys, but couldn't find them. She looked everywhere; under books, clothes, canvases, but still nothing. She groaned, where the hell were they? She looked out her window and sighed when she saw something sparkle on her window sill. Allison opened her window and saw her keys sitting there. She grabbed them, confused as to how they got there. She looked to her right and saw Damon leaning against her car. She smiled and gave a small nod to him as he saluted and then disappeared.

Walking down the stairs to the kitchen, she groaned when she saw her entire family at the table eating breakfast. No way in hell was she staying here and eating with them. None of them said good morning to her and she didn't say it to them. Meghan broke the silence, "I'm waiting for an apology, Allison." Allison looked at her as she put some pop-tarts in the toaster, "You're kidding right?" She looked to everyone else, "She is kidding right?" "No she's not." David told her. "Ha, well you can forget it. I'm not apologizing for telling the truth. See ya!" She said as she took her pop-tarts and left the room.

Getting in her car she drove off to school. When she pulled into the school parking lot she walked in and saw people putting up posters for career night. She went to her locker and opened it chucking everything inside and grabbed her books for class before closing her locker. She turned around and gasped as her hand flew to her chest. "Hey, I'm not that scary am I?" Tyler asked laughing. She started laughing as she calmed down her beating heart, "um, no. It's not you, it's just... never mind. So, what is it?"

He was about to talk when she moved her left arm and he saw the wolf bracelet he'd given her. He smiled lightly; maybe they still had hope after all. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime soon. You know, at the Grill or something." He saw the wariness in her eyes and became worried. Allison bit her lip, "as friends or...?" "Friends." Tyler insisted a little too quickly. He seemed to notice this and cleared his throat, "I mean yeah friends, unless you wanna go as more than friends."

Allison shook her head, "friends is cool." Tyler smiled and nodded, "I'll call you" and he turned and walked down the hallway. Leaning against her locker she sighed. Maybe it would be a good thing to start becoming friends with Tyler again. There was no point in holding any hostility against one another.

It was the end of the school day and Elena had asked if she could borrow her car earlier and of course she said yes as long as she filled the gas back up

It was the end of the school day and Elena had asked if she could borrow her car earlier and of course she said yes as long as she filled the gas back up. Now she was stuck walking home and Elena promised that she would give her, her car back by 5 which was a half an hour before career night. As she was walking and looking at her phone she heard something in the shadows. She stopped and stared for a moment before deciding that it wasn't a good idea to go and see what it was and continued walking. "No, wait." A man said. She recognized him from somewhere, but she couldn't put her finger on it. He coughed, "come here."