The Twinkling Lake

Percy POV

The night sky was beautiful and the fire burned through the wood, sending flying sparks of flames to the night sky. Calypso had convinced me to come here and try to confront Annabeth. The girls had just arrived, but I barely saw them, considering I was getting recognized easily without a disguise. I kept trying to look at them from a distance, but I guess they were surrounded by fans too.

I had just finished signing a girl's signature book. She smiled at me. "Thanks," she bubbled,"I hope you totally get back with Rachel! You guys are so cute together!!"

She giggled and went away to her friends. 

Ugh, Rachel. I forgot how she'd kissed me on Valentine's Day. She just didn't understand how wrong it was. I loved Annabeth and it didn't even feel the same as it used to. 

Yes, there was a time where I used to love Rachel and when we kissed, I felt something, but when she had just kissed me, it felt bland and wrong. I remember what happened after she kissed me:

I pushed her away. The kiss felt so wrong. 

"What the Hades, Rachel?!" I cried out.

She looked at me with sad, puppy eyes. "I just thought-"

"WHAT?! You thought what?!! That I'll fall for you again? That I would forgive you for breaking my heart? That it'll be ALL okay after what you did to me!" I yelled out.

She backed away, looking hurt. I didn't feel like myself, yelling at her. The guilt flooded in.

"Percy-"

"Look, I'm over it. You should be, too. And maybe someday, someday I hope I can forgive you. And we can be friends. But, you have to show that. And right now, you're doing nothing to improve it," I told her, calmly.

She nodded and wiped her eyes. "I get it. You love Annabelle now." 

"Annabeth. You should know her name by now, Rachel," I commented.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she waved her hand away.

"Now I got to go find her," I replied and ran towards the exit of the funhouse of mirrors. 

"Annabeth?" I called out and it seemed like a maze of mirrors. And I ain't no Dylan O Brien.

A beep came from my phone and I took it out. 

Had to go. Friend Emergency.

Was everything okay with Annabeth? I went back to my car and sat down in the driver's seat.  

I banged my head against my car's steering wheel, purposely, causing my car to beep at a lady passing by with her pink poodle, scaring the crap out of the poor poodle. I mumbled a quick sorry to the lady and sighed.

It had been a long day.

****************************

"Percy, is that Annabeth, Piper, Hazel, Thalia, and Calypso?" Jason asked me, looking at Piper. 

"Of course it is," I said, sarcastically.

"Stop it, Persassy," Jason replied,"when where you going to tell me?"

"What?!" I questioned him,"tell you what?" How did he know my plan?

"Percy, you've been staring at her for minutes now, you even ignored a cute Asian girl coming up to you to talk," Jason raised his eyebrows. He looked silly with those new glasses on, like he was a college professor or something.