Crossed Fates

Dad! Look!" 4-year-old Shinso-Aizawa Hitoshi came running from his day-care, waving a picture as he raced towards his waiting father and uncle.

Aizawa Shouta was bundled up in his usual black colour, wearing a large jacket, but with a light-coloured scarf. He was an underground pro hero known as the Erasure hero – Eraserhead. He usual didn't show any emotion, and wore a deadpan look every day , but he smile at he young boy heading their way. However, Aizawa and Hitoshi had no actual relation. Hitoshi was a victim of a villain attack along with his parents. Hitsohi was the only one who came out of that violent situation alive, unconscious from a blast, he had only survived after his mother had covered him with her body, shielding him as best as she could. The boy was devastated once he had woken into a world his parents no longer lived. Aizawa was one of the heroes who had gone to face that villain, he was the one who had carried the boy out, and he was the one who had been left with the task of telling him. It was one of the part of his job he hated, but he had to do it. Feeling it was his fault, Aizawa had made the decision to adopt the boy, which had surprised many heroes, but no more so then his best friend, Yamada Hizashi, better known as the voice hero – Present Mic. Yamada had known Aizawa since their time in the hero course in Yuuei. Yamada knew Aizawa wasn't one who liked crowds, and him taking on a kid was a shock. But, he was there to lend a hand. Hitoshi was nervous when he first moved in with Aizawa, but Aizawa was patient, and Hitoshi opened up. Here, a year later, Hitoshi was a normal excited child, eagerly awaiting the arrival of his quirk. Aizawa knelt as Hitoshi reached them, the boy hugged him.

"What did you draw?" Aizawa asked, curiously. Hitoshi stepped back, holding his picture out. Hopping from foot to foot, grinning widely.

"You, Yamada-Oji-san! I added Nemuri-Oba-san too, and there's Milo-chan!" Hitoshi smiled pointing to the little cat he had drawn in the bottom.

"Good job." Aizawa ruffled the boy's hair, he laughed, and waved his arms to chase Aizawa's away. He then accepted Aizawa's hand. "Ready to go home kid?"

"Yep! Is Nemuri-Oba-san coming for dinner tonight?" Hitoshi asked

"How about I ring her and ask?" Aizawa offered, Hitoshi nodded happily. Yamada usually stayed quite during such exchanges. The scene always tugged at his heart. Who knew Aizawa could be such a softie? To be honest, Recovery girl knew. She had known for a long time when Aizawa was panicked when Yamada ended up getting a bad throat. But, Yamada watched with something in his own heart, another feeling that he wasn't sure he liked.

"So, you're jealous of the fact that Aizawa has Hitoshi." Kayama Neumuri asked with a soft smile. She had seen Yamada beat himself up for many things, but this was a first for her. Cute, was her option. Yamada was sitting before her with a cup of coffee, which he was staring into with a frown.

"I guess... Though, I am not sure why. And I don't want to continue feeling this way."

"Well, it's simple isn't it? Kayama smiled. "Your feeling jealous of Aizawa, and it is mixing with you feeling broody. You want a kid." She smiled.

"Let's be realistic here, Neumuri, I am not exactly 'Dad material' as everyone says. I'm too loud, Aizawa has even compared me too one." Yamada frowned.

"So? Kids are more likely to bond with someone they can relate too!" Kayama grinned

"That's not helping." Yamada sighed.

"Sorry, but I guess you could do what Aizawa did and adopt a kid. But, that is your own choice. If you do want to consider it, you should know that taking care of a child of any age is hard." Kayama told him. Yamada just nodded, maybe he should consider that as an option. After all, if Aizawa could do it, surely, he could.

~~~~~~

He wasn't so sure once he visited an orphanage, kids were literally running wild here. He wasn't in his hero costume, so he was sure no one would recognise him.

"You must be Yamada-san." A woman came over to him.

"Yes, Yamada Hizashi." Yamada shook her hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, I am Sano Aoi. I am in charge here. Please follow me." She smiled kindly. Yamada listened as she explained a bit about how things were run, and how the adoption process worked. "Are you employed, Yamada-san? It is important to have a good source of income when with a child."

"Yes, I'm... Employed." He nodded, he wasn't sure I he should tell her about being a pro-hero.

"Good, good. Now, of course, I know you are just here for information today. But, most people who choose to adopt should consider the age and gender of the child. Some parents will even consider the quirk of the old children." Sano said.

"I see." Yamada nodded, he should have thought of that, though he didn't care whether it was a girl or boy, or what quirk they had. Yamada was defiantly thinking of a younger child, around Hitoshi's age.

"Sano-san!" A woman came over in a panic.

"What's wrong?" Sano asked

"The new baby they brought us earlier today, he had just woken up, and we can't get him to stop crying..." The woman gasped. "I don't think we can't handle his quirk..." Yamada perked up at this.

"A baby with a quirk? Born with it?" He asked.

"Yes, the child has an empathy quirk, so any emotions are forced upon him. No one has been able to handle him, his mother, or any orphanage." Sano's frowned. "I fear it will make it harder for Izuku-kun to find a family suited to his needs..."

"Can I meet him? I was born with my own quirk." Yamada said, Sano looked at him, before nodding. They took in to a vacant nursery room, with a woman holding a brawling baby. Yamada frowned, the child couldn't have been more the three and a half months, with an emotion bases quirk it must be torture for the poor soul to be passed to so many people. They feelings of uneasiness only fouling the fire of his quirk. Yamada approached the child, as he got closer, the child's cries got weaker. Two small hands reached out towards him, stopping Yamada in his tracks, the woman holding him, closed the distance, passing Yamada baby Izuku. The baby boy clung on to his shirt with a vice like grip. The Boy had fluffy green hair, freckles dusting his red tear soaked cheeks. Yamada rubbed his back as Izuku hiccupped, but was finally calm. "Passing around a child with an emotion based quirk... who's stupid idea was that? Everyone time someone gave up on him, every time people were panicked and not sure what to do... imagine the effect it has already had on him." Yamada muttered, running a hand through Izuku's hair.

"I don't think that was considered... but, it seems Izuku has found someone he likes." Sano smiled.

"How long will the adoption progress take?" Yamada asked, still holding Izuku close. Sano was surprised, but she promised to try and get it all sorted. In the meantime, it was decided that Izuku being in Yamada's care was the best for the child.