Teething issues

"Izu, it's okay." Yamada held Izuku to him as the child cried, Yamada was battling his own panic, not wanting to make matters worse. It was around 2 in the morning when it began, he woke instantly as he heard Izuku crying, rushing to his side to try and calm him. But nothing that usually worked, didn't so Yamada turned to the many baby care books he had brought. He held Izuku on his hip, looking through the pages as calmly as he could. There were several options for Izuku's sudden outburst;
1. He was hungry, but Izuku kept turning his head from the bottle
2. Because he needed to be held, but hugging him wasn't helping. Not even singing would calm him.
3. Crying because he was tired. But Izuku had been asleep before he had begun crying
4. Because he was too hot or cold. Yamada checked his temperature, but it was normal.
5. Because he needed a nappy change. Yamada also checked that, he had a clean nappy.
6. Because he was feeling unwell – that was one option Yamada kept aside as a major possibility.
7. He was teething. Yamada frowned, could break their first tooth when they were around four months.
"Izu." Yamada cooed the teary child, he checked his mouth and spotted the cause, a small tooth tip poking through his gums. "Oho, Izu." He sighed and cuddled. He began to check through the draws in the nursery. He was pretty sure he had brought a recommended teething ring. As soon as he found it, he gave it Izuku who began to bite down on it. He sighed and quickly looked through the book on what it said on teething. There was a type of gel that should help with the discomfort. He would have to go out and buy some later. For now, he had to try and keep Izuku calm. He went into his room, and got his phone. Izuku gurgled tearfully, Yamada looked down at him. Izuku was watching him with teary eyes, the teething ring clutched in his small mouth. "You poor baby." He kissed his son's forehead. He quickly dialled Aizawa's number.
I'm going to kill you. Was Aizawa's greeting.
"I need you to tell Nezu I can't make it in today" Yamada ignored the threat. "Izuku's started Teething and I don't want to put any more stress on the little Listener."
"Is he okay?" Aizawa's voice was filled with concern.
"I've calmed him down for now, but I need to get a gel that will help. But the baby book says babies who are teething tend to have restless nights and wakeful mornings, so I doubt either of us won' be getting a lot of sleep for a while." Yamada glanced at the baby book.
"I'll tell Nezu, I'll bring Hitoshi with me later and let me make dinner. Maybe Hitoshi will be able to entertain Izu for a while." Aizawa said.
"Thanks, sorry for waking you." Yamada apologised.
"It's fine. See you tomorrow." Aizawa yawned. The call ended. Yamada put his phone down and glanced at Izuku. His son was still looked up at him as he gnawed on the teething ring. His cheeks red and poofy from crying.

"You look a mess, lets get you cleaned up." Yamada smiled.
~~~~~~

"Is Izuku really okay?" Hitoshi asked with a slight frown, as he looked at his dad, they were heading to Yamada's home after Hitoshi left school.
"Yes, every child teethes around his age. He'll be fine." Aizawa nodded. They entered the house to find Yamada fast asleep on the sofa, Izuku was lying on top of him in his baby carrier, also asleep. Aizawa put a finger to his lips to show Hitoshi to be quiet. He nodded, he followed his dad into the kitchen. Aizawa started dinner whilst Hitoshi sat doing school work, waiting for Yamada and Izuku to wake up.

~~~~~~

Yamada woke to the smell of cooking. He yawned and tiredly glanced towards the kitchen, upon seeing Aizawa and Hitoshi, he decided it was time to stop napping. He glanced at Izuku sleeping on his chest, his tiny hands clutching his shirt. The gel he had gotten seemed to have clamed him down, easing his discomfort. He quietly raised his ran and run his fingers through Izuku's curls.
"Yama-oji-san?" Hitoshi quietly approached him.
"I'm awake." Yamada sat up, wrapping one arm around Izuku. "You been here long?"
"Around 15 minutes." Aizawa replied. "You got him to calm down."
"That gel I got helped." Yamada nodded, he stood and stretched. "Must've fallen asleep when we got back..."
"So, he is okay." Hitoshi smiled, looking up at Izuku was a wide smile
"Of course, he is." Yamada smiled. He joined Aizawa in the kitchen.
"Hard, isn't it?" Aizawa said. "Being a dad?"
"Yeah, but it has a nice feeling too." Yamada smiled at Izuku
"Oh, you should take Izuku for a park debut when he's a little older. If gives him a chance to meet other kids, and for you to meet other new parents." Aizawa suggested
"That would be fun." Yamada smiled at Izuku, the little listener should make friends his own age. Izuku began to wake up. He squinted up at Yamada, his eyes a little unfocused. "Hey Izu." He said, Izuku little tapped his arm, still sleepy.
"Dinner's about done." Aizawa said.
"Katsudon! Katsudon!" Hitoshi chanted, sitting at the table. Yamada got out Izuku's high chair and set him in it. Clearly understanding what it meant, Izuku began to get excited.
"Yeah, I'll get your dinner Izu." Yamada went to a cupboard with several tubs of Baby food. "How does mango and banana sound?" Izuku gurgled in reply, tapping his hands against the high chair table.
"What is that?" Hitoshi asked
"This is special baby food, Izu is too young to eat the food we do." Yamada explained.
"Can I feed him?" Hitoshi smiled.
"Not at the moment, with his teeth coming through his gums are sensitive." Yamada cast him an apologetic look.
"No fun." Hitoshi pouted.
"You have your own dinner to eat anyway." Aizawa put a bowl of Katsudon in front of him. Izuku eyed the bowl Hitoshi began eating from, he made a sound and held his arm towards the bowl.
"No Izu, this is yours." Yamada said, Izuku looked away and looked at his own food. Yamada began to feed him, every time the spoon got close to Izuku, he would get excited, Aizawa could hardly eat his own dinner, he just watched Izuku with a slight smile. "Shouta, your food is getting cold." Yamada pointed out. "I know Izu is being purely adorable, but you need to eat too." Aizawa glared at him with a slight blush before turning to his own food.