Prologue

“No way, you fucking cunt! I’m not fucking doing it,” I yelled at the tall, and lean boy in front of me. He must’ve lost his mind, or bumped his head. I don’t know what he had done, but the dude was talking pure bullshit. All I heard was nothing but shit coming out of his mouth. How could he just volunteer for someone to sleep under my roof? Alfie stood there giving me a desperate look. He wanted me to take in his sister. She’d been in an abusive relationship, and for some reason Alfie felt like she’d be safe in my guidance. Little did that motherfucker know was that I had no time for a charity case. I had no time nor patience for someone to barge into my house, and worry me about their relationship problems. I had enough to deal with. “Your sister is going to have to find somewhere else to stay, bro. Like, fuck no, man!” I paced around in the living room of my penthouse suite. Sure, I had the space to occupy this chick’s needs, but my patience was as little to nothing. Reaching down, I grabbed a pack of cigarettes, and pulled one out. All of this was stressing me the fuck out.

“Come on, Zen-“

“Oh, so now you’re calling me Zen!?” This kid must be really damn desperate. Alfie worked for me at my tattoo shop, and all of my employees called me ‘Jersey.’ It was just something they did because I was in fact from New Jersey. I had the accent to fucking prove it.

“Bro, this is serious right now. She’s finally coming to her senses. She needs somewhere to stay. I’m fucking begging you.” Alfie looked at me with tears in his eyes, I casted my eyes down as I lit my cigarette with a lighter. Sticking the cancer stick into my mouth, I took a long drag before exhaling the smoke through my nostrils. “I’ve been trying to get her away from this girl for years. She’s been beating the fuck out of her, man. You know she can’t stay with me.”

Flopping down on the couch, I let out an irritated groan. I already had Gavin living with me. Gavin was an 18 year old dude straight from the UK. I saw him on the streets and became intrigued at just how skillfully his tattoos were done. He told me he had an uncle who did tattoos back in England, and said that he could do some pretty sick artwork himself. I took a chance out on a limb, and hired the guy on the spot without much evidence. Thankfully, he was telling the truth. Gavin specialized in making dope ass cartoon styled creations. The only downside of hiring the dude was that he had nowhere to stay, so I took him in off of generosity. I mean, here I was by myself in a four bedroom penthouse suite, it wouldn’t kill me to share it with one person. But fucking two, I don’t know. Alfie’s sister seemed like a real fucking bitch, even Alfie made her out to be one. He always talks about how stubborn she is, and how she never listens. Why the hell would I want to live with someone like that?

“Please, just let her stay,” the guy kept right on pleading. I was waiting for him to get down on his fucking knees. “She’ll work for you. Don’t think I’ll just have her living with you for free, Jersey. You’ve been talking about how much you hate having to clean up the shop once everyone has left, so she can do that.”

“You’ve got a point,” I responded with a nod of my head. I chewed on the inside of my cheek for a couple of seconds as I looked up at Alfie who was towering over me. “She could go around and get the artists more supplies when they need them.” I took a short pause, causing Alfie’s brown eyes to light up with hope. “Okay.” Running his hands through his brunet locks, Alfie looked at me with surprise. I guess he didn’t really think I’d give in. “I’m sure Jade would love some extra help at the receptionist desk. I just have one question for you.” Alfie raised a brow at me. “Is she tatted?”

“No, she doesn’t have any tattoos.”

“What the fuck!? Everyone who works in the shop is covered with damn tattoos! If your sister wants to work with us, she has to get some tattoos, man.”

“Well, she’s actually been wanting to get one. Some quote on her wrist. I’m not entirely sure, but bro, you have to hire her. She’ll be able to work tomorrow, man. I’ll bring her by the shop, and that night you can bring her back here to her new home.”

I grimaced at the word: home. Home sounded fucking permanent. “Six months should be enough for her to find somewhere to stay. I’ll give her that long, but then she’s out.” Getting up from the couch, I walked over to Alfie so I was standing in front of him. I looked at the boy who was smiling like a retard. “And your fucking sister better be hot as fuck. If she’s going to walk around my house, she better have a banging ass body and face.” Alfie gave me an eye roll. “I mean it, Alfie. Now, tell me about your sister.” I went back over to my leather sofa and took a seat with Alfie following behind me.

Alfie pulled out his phone once he sat down beside me on the couch. He went through a couple of pictures and his gallery before he finally landed on one. Passing his phone over to me, he motioned for me to look down at it. On the screen was a picture of a girl with long brunette hair that went down past her shoulders. She had her lips poked out adorably, and the most annoyed look on her eyes. It was like she was being forced to take the picture. The picture gave me a full look at her body which was pretty athletic. I mean, she didn’t have bulging muscles or anything; but in the photo she was just wearing a sports bra, and athletic spandex shorts. It was apparent that she had a flat stomach, and some six pack action going on. How could someone who looked so fit like her be abused in a violent relationship? I stared down at the features in the picture, and I nodded. She was like a solid 8 on a 10 point scale. “She’s actually really nice. She just seems bitchy at times, but that’s only because her girlfriend is always ruining her mood. Now that they’re broken up, I think she’ll be a bit more like herself. Before she started dating Nicky, all she wanted to do was go out and have fun. Now, she just stays in the house. You’re crazy, and wild, so maybe you can bring her back.”

“What’s her name?”

“Finley.”