XIII: Go Bestfriend

A/N: I honestly debated with myself A LOT about posting this chapter. I've deleted it at least three times now, but you guys deserve new content so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Oh and be warned,
Smoke is with the shits lol

Chapter Thirteen

"Wus good cuz." I dapped Izzy as he stood outside the door to my crib.

"Nigga did you smoke without me?" He scrunched up his nose.

"I been dealing with this little girl since 6 am, what you think?" I nodded toward Aubrey as she sat quietly in front of the tv, her little body surrounded by a pile of toys.

"Flaw." Izzy smacked his teeth before pushing me aside and coming in.

"Little girl, you not gon speak?" I watched her eye twinkle once she noticed who was standing beside me.

"Uncle Izzy!" Aubrey's head snapped up from up from Paw Control.  "I missed you!" She ran toward him, giggling wildly in excitement.

"Wassup munchkin, I missed you too." He scooped her up and placed a kiss on her forehead, carrying her into the kitchen.

Over the years Izzy and I had grown closer, evolving from acquaintances to close friends. Kam introduced the two us back in high school and from there our friendship grew. Because of our father's we both grew up in the game so we related to each other on a deeper level than Eric and Dom. E and Dom were my brother's for life, but without Izzy my mama probably would have found me in a ditch somewhere. I was out here acting crazy, dealing and robbing niggas with no remorse and at the rate I was going, I was going to find myself in either jail or a casket. The night before I left Atlanta, I sat down with my boys and they gave me the real. Dominic and Eric were both in college playing ball and Israel was doing his thing with the clippers. Out of the four of us I was the only one with nothing going for myself and the realization of it hit me hard. When it was all said and done Dom suggested a change of scenery and Eric thought that maybe some time in Harlem would do me good. The next day Izzy loaned me three grand and told me not to call him until I knew what the fuck I was doing with my life.

"What you been up to dummy?" His thick Baltimore accent drawled as he took a seat at the island.

"Shit, nothing really, just work." I shrugged, opening the fridge to retrieve last night's pizza. This was the third night in a row I had ordered take out and quite frankly I was sick of it already. I knew how to cook, but lately it seemed like I never had the time.

The shop was doing numbers and I couldn't have been more grateful for its success. We were a small shop, but we produced quality work and THAT was what kept the spotlight on us. My team consisted of four dope artists, Yanna, Kiana, DJ, and Ace. I personally handpicked each of my employees and I had yet to be disappointed with a single one so far.