Chapter 52 - Final

"You fucking bitch. I'll make you pay for that."
The dark figure snarls angrily as he continues to cup his hand around his ear. Blood seeping out through his fingers and down his arms. I took out a pretty big chunk. Thinking about it, probably wasn't a good idea.
"I'll kill you last. That way, you get to watch as I slaughter this piece of trash."
He spits, stamping down harshly on Ben's back, causing him to groan in agony, tightening his grip on my hand.
"N-No! No! Don't hurt him!"
I had managed to get my voice back, just barely. I needed to do something. Help him, anything. But I just couldn't move.
"[Name].. I love you.."
Ben whispers weakly as his thumb gently strokes along my knuckles.
"Ben.. I, I love you so much.."
I whisper as I squeeze his hand.
I wanted to keep looking at him but he closes his eyes and turns his face away.
"Ben no.. no look at me Ben!"
He doesn't. Instead, he waits. I glance up to the dark figure to see him raising his foot once more, ready to smash it down into Ben's skull.
"See you in hell. Brother."
"No! NO! NOOOOOO!"

~**~

Dr Yuuto POV
"I'm sorry Dr. I'm not sure why you're telling me all of this. I thought we were talking about [Name]'s diagnosis?"
I couldn't help but sigh. Heading over to my assistant, giving her all the documents and files.
"We are talking about her diagnosis. But in order to do that. Everything I have just told you about her is relevant."
Though, I could see in her face she didn't really understand. After all, I just spent the last three hours telling her a story about [Name].
"Listen. What I've just told you about [Name]. Everything. The friends, the parents, the school, the death. It's all fake. You see, [Name] is suffering from hallucinogenic and delusional schizophrenia. As well as having a split personality disorder. All of this I've just told you about her life, is made up. Made up in her mind. [Name] met a girl called Susie at the age of 6. Susie was real. But 7 months after meeting her, [Name]'s parents died in a car crash and Susie later moved abroad, out of the country just a few weeks after. [Name] was placed in an orphanage but was later admitted here when she was 7 and a half years old due to mental illness. This Ben character was created inside her mind as a safe place. Something to reassure herself. All that I've told you, is a life [Name] made up in her head, hallucinating that it is real. Her nightmares, are actually the real world. The reality of her pain and suffering. She's locking it away and getting worse by the minute."

Assistants POV
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had never known such illnesses being caused from such trauma. I've heard of depression being a common outcome. But schizophrenia?
"But Dr. I don't understand one thing. Before one of her recent sessions with you. You spoke to her mother on the phone. I, I heard you."
The Dr shakes his head, gesturing me over to his computer as he plugs in a USB stick, opening a file and clicking in a camera tape file.
"This is the camera footage from her room that day. I never spoke to the mother. I spoke to [Name]."
I watch wide eyed as the video plays. [Name] stood facing a wall. Talking to herself, gesturing and even using different facial expressions for emotion.
"Susie! You're finally out of hospital!... Yep! Got released early! How awesome is that!.... Really awesome! I missed you a lot.... I missed you too....See [Name]. You're not getting rid of me that easily."
She was having a clear conversation with herself. Just like you would with another person. It looked completely normal to her.
Suddenly, the phone rings and her head snaps in the direction of the source of the sound. Walking over to it, she answers. But, in a much more mature, and older voice.
"Hello Dr Yuuto.. oh she has? Okay, I'll tell her right now."
She hangs up the phone and turns to face the direction she was standing in previously, leaning a little bit before shouting.
"[Name]! Dr Yuuto called! He says you're  late for your appointment!"
All was silent as she makes her way back over to her original spot, facing the wall before groaning.
"Sorry.. we won't be able to today... will you come to see Dr Yuuto with me?....Of course I will."
I had never seen such a high level split personality before. It was incredible.
The Dr switches off his computer and turns to face me.
"So you see? She is not well. Her entire life is made up. She walks down the corridor of this asylum. But in her head, she's walking down the street from her house. Her hallucinations are getting worse."
Getting worse. What could that have meant? She was hurting someone? Or herself? The Dr noticed my confusion and leaves the room. I follow closely behind.

He comes to a stop outside a large room. With a long glass window, allowing you to see inside. I saw [Name] strapped to an operating bed with her head, wrists and ankles strapped down. Obtaining electroshock therapy to the head.
"What are you doing to her?!"
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This was madness. Sickening and horrid.
"She's becoming dangerous. She tore out a patients eye, stabbed a hole in another's throat, bit a chunk out of someone's ear and even tried to turn someone inside out.. if we cannot cure her of this illness. We will have to operate on her brain."
I knew exactly what he meant. Removing a part of her brain so she will become a lifeless puppet with nothing to live for. A horrible operation and a horrible way to live.
"Although. If it is unsuccessful. She will die.. now, if you'll excuse me. I need to visit my daughter in the hospital."
"Oh, is everything okay?"
He paused, rubbing his hand across his forehead, shaking his head.
"[Name] tried to kill her.."
My eyes slam open once he tells me. I could see why they label her as dangerous. But she's mentally ill. I'm sure.. I'm sure she doesn't mean it.. deep down.
"It's getting late. You should think about heading home soon too."
With that, Dr Yuuto turns and leaves, walking down the hallway before disappearing.
Though, I didn't leave. I was so surprised and confused and worried. No human should get treated in such a manner, even if they're mentally ill..

Sighing, I take one last look through the window, but the room was now empty. Huh?!
Looking down the hall, I spot a nurse, wheeling [Name] down the hallway in a wheelchair.
"Wait!! Hey wait!"
I call to the nurse, grabbing her attention and running in front of her, stopping her.
"Please, I need to talk to [Name]!"
"I'm sorry but she's just finished therapy. She needs to go back to her room and-"
"This will only take a minute!".
The nurse sighs and nods irritatedly.
Crouching down, I gaze at [Name] with sadness as her head hangs loosely. She looked like she was High on morphine or extremely drunk. She was so disoriented and she had two large burn marks on her temples from the shock therapy.
"Oh [Name].. look at you. I'm so sorry for what's happening to do.. I.. I should have been more supportive when your parents died. At the time. I didn't understand but now I do.. I should have begged my mother to let us stay. But I was only 6.. I didn't think it would impact you this much.. I wasn't there for you, I can't express how sorry I am.. you lost your best friend and your parents all in the same year.. I came back.. I came back hoping we could be together again and I could tell you all about my new job.. but I didn't, expect to see you in here as a patient."
Sighing, I reach out and hold her hand. She flinches But was too drowsy to move her hand away as I held it tightly.
"Are you almost-"
"No! Give me a minute!"
The nurse was growing impatient but she needed to wait. I needed to talk to [Name], whether she understood me or not.
"[Name]. You need to get better. Come back to the real world. They will kill you like this if you don't.. please [Name]. I'll never forgive myself if you die.. I'm asking you as a friend.. as your best friend.. as Susie."
She doesn't say a word. Just looks at me with glazed over eyes and a sweaty face. But I notice a tear slowly roll down her cheek. But no response. I sigh and shake my head, readying to stand but instantly crouch back down as she mumbles and begins to talk.
"S...Su...Su,sie."
"That's right [Name]! It's me. Susie. Your friend."
"Su..sie.. Susie... Susie! SUSIE! SUSIE!!
She screams loudly. Vigorously thrashing around in her wheelchair, tugging on the restraints as she continues to scream, getting louder and louder and more and more manic.
The nurse grabs me and pulls me to my feet, moving me out of the way. Pushing [Name]'s wheelchair down the hall. My breathing staggered as I listen to her screams fade in the distance before being followed by silence as she is locked in her soundproof room.
"I'm so sorry [Name]."